How do you know your destiny?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you know your destiny?

Post by CeeBee on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:37 am

How do we all know God's plan for our lives and what we will become in the future?
I've been confused on this question for so long now. I know everyone has a God-given talent but sometimes I wonder whats mine? What is it that I'm supposed to be doing in my life that through it, God will be glorified?

Does anyone know how we can find out our destiny? scratching chin

CeeBee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you know your destiny?

Post by Jadams on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 pm

I once heard a minister say that the thing that you are passionate about or that grieves your heart is usually something that you are called to do. If you can pin point that and THEN take THAT to God, then I KNOW He will reveal to you.

Your destiny is in God. Think about an instructional manual...when you buy a new product the only way you can know the full purpose is to check the manual... flower

Jadams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Yes, I agree with Jadams, often your calling is something that you're passionate about or something that burdens your heart. The way to know, is to do...While one should definitely pray for guidance and revelation, there comes a point where you'll also get revelation by doing, taking action in the area that you think you may have a calling in....there are reruns of Joyce Meyer on right now (at least in my area) and this week she made a comment that I think is appropriate...she said that she learned after two weeks that she wasn't called to be in the children's ministry! lol! Her point is that if you are called to an area, you'll know from the sense of peace/joy that you get from being there and you'll also know from how effective you are in that role... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 am

for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. {18} For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men. {19} Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, {2} through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. {3} And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; {4} and perseverance, character; and character, hope. {5} Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the LORD your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you; The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. {24} The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil. {25} "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you.
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! {5} Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. {6} Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; {7} and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. {8} Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy; meditate on these things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trump on Sat May 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Yield and Beg God in prayer.

Blessings.

Trump

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hadassah on Tue May 19, 2009 7:48 pm

I was a christian quite awhile before I got a clear indication what I would focus my life to do...destiny so called and such.

When I look back all the things I helped with and was involved in shaped me and helped me mature into the bigger things Gods helping me do now.

Someone came to our church and prophecied I was thinking TOO small...I was happy to be at one level and God had bigger plans. He would show me. She was very prophetic but it seems to be unfolding every day on its own. First came the tears...I laugh now to realize my tears and burden and prayers many nights became the very thing that I began to be the answer to.

God gives the burdens and it is a beautiful thing...so wonderful to have purpose and goals in life beyond existing alone.

Pray, listen and while your waiting to find the specific thing or things your going to do just start doing things the Word shows us are good and please God. He will direct you more clearly as you continue.

Micah 6:8 was one of my favorites!
The waiting is awful somtimes but the results are wonderful...patience and a calm assurance that your doing what will please God.

Hadassah

hadassah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top