My sister driving my car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sister driving my car

Post by gruiz on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Hello: I had a dream in which my sister was driving my car. I was in the passenger seat and remember it was raining. I felt like I was getting wet so I turned to the window and it was down. I recall seeing my right arm and I was wearing a burgundy, thick jacket so I thought to myself that it didn't really matter if I got wet because the jacket was thick enough to cover me.

I'm actually very close to my sister, but she's not Christian. Should I be concerned that she was driving my car?

gruiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My sister driving my car

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Because your sister was driving your car, I wonder if your sister is a real concern for you right now (as in she's driving your emotions; somewhat controlling your mindset?) If so, it would make sense being that you're possibly concerned about your sister's welfare/salvation. Do you also feel like you're being 'passive' about her behavior? Rain means different things for different people-and in your case I wonder if rain represents "a hard time" in your life right now-either concerning your sister or you and your sister (like our you all's relationship experiencing some "rough patches")? You didn't seem to be bothered by the rain because you had on a jacket--do you feel like even though there is some "rainy days" right now, you're protected by God in the situation? please pray about what I said
be blessed
desiree kiss

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gruiz on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 am

I am actually concerned that her life is not in the best shape right now. She's my younger sister so I worry about her well being and I tend to not tell her when she's doing something wrong because she will react defensively. Our relationship is fine right now, but I have been battleing with some stress in my life, but still trusting in the Lord.

Thanks a lot. I will continue to pray about this.

gruiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 am

I've been where you are and all I can tell you is to PRAY. Continue to be there for her as a sister and encourage her through the word of God, but realize that her decisions don't reflect you at all!!Ifind it helpful to always pray before I speak to a sibling. I always pray that the Lord would soften the heart of the person to accept what I need to say to him/her. I pray that God will "give you peace that is beyond understanding" as you continue to trust in him (Isaiah 26:3) I know how it is to be stressed; and the only way we can "unstress" is to learn to give things to God and let him handle our situations. Trust that everything will be okay when you hope in God! YOU WILL COME THROUGH THIS. WE TOUCH AND AGREE WITH YOU.
God bless
desiree :bighug:

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gruiz on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

gruiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:05 pm

you're always welcome anytime!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down