The Lord Gave Me a New Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lord Gave Me a New Name

Post by lola21st on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:43 pm

I had this dream almost exactly two years ago and came across it recently so thought I would post it as there is meaning to it that I would like to receive Holy Spirit inspired confirmation about...

I dreamt that I was back in my hometown and went to the house next door which was totally redone. It was odd because the home was a very long and curved shape. It was a very modern design - steel appliances, beech wood, hardwood floors - the wood was a warm honey color. Women from my past and present were there - social, work, church and school friends. We were standing and talking, it seemed to be a gathering.

In the next scene, several of us took a bus to a house. The bus had just enough seats for us all but other passengers had to remove their packages from their seats to accomodate us. The bus was dark - I don't remember the other faces nor the driver. Next, I remember us in this room with two levels of seating but the area was carpeted so that you could sit on the levels, not have to sit in a chair. They were blue/purple in color and the pillow seats had backs to them to support your back. The pillow seats were made of silk and were yellow.

My younger son and I had to sit on the left side while our friends sat on the right side because there was no room. It must have been a pagan type of event because a high school friend of mine was leading it (IRL, she is a pagan now). She introduced a spirit which tried to lift up my son but I held on to him so the spirit got mad and tried to turn me around and lift me up. I wrestled with it and cast it out in the name of Jesus and it left. I was then given its name because I overpowered it - Amber. This name was given to me by the Lord.

We left the event because it was weird and went to a church house - it was a house that had a chapel and there was a formal church there. It was like there was a campus. On the way to get there we were driving in groups and one of my car doors came off. The parents of my son's school classmate offered to put the door back on for me as well as put on privacy curtains for the back windows. :huh: We left them taking care of the car and went into the house. There was a lot of activity in the various places - singing, talking, worship, etc.

We were watching the kids play and the parents who fixed my car were saying that they pray for their sons everyday. We prayed together for a while and then my older son and I went upstairs to go to our room. Upstairs was very ornate relative to downstairs which was contemporary. The walls were light blue with white crown molding and matching baseboards. The carpeting was very thick and was either blue or yellow. The doors were larger than normal in white. When we got to our door, I woke up.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord Gave Me a New Name

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Hey!
I don't have an interpretation but reading your dream made me think of two things:

Discernment and transitioning

You were able to pick up on the spirit in the room and see that "something wasn't right" even though others were "accepting" and/or oblivious. You were bold and "watchful" (which we must be in this walk against Satan's tactics).

Also in the bible times, when God changed a person's name it was not only symbolic of "spiritual change" (new creature in Christ) but also a new identity. Its like, the way God sees us is different than we see ourselves. In order for Abraham to be the "father of many nations" his name had to change to mean that; (the same was true for his wife whose name meant, "chieftan" chief of all princesses; in this case the "mother of all nations"). Sauls name was changed to Paul to show that his "lifestyle" had changed; the same for "Jacob" --which his name was changed to "Israel"=God's people.

When I think of Amber I think of fragrances and the sweet fragrance of God (incense, perfume, etc). I wonder if since you came into truly knowing God if he has given you a special "discernment" (making you sensitive to certain things that many aren't--through the senses)? (which I think you mentioned before that you "smell" spirits, etc). In the dream, you mentioned the type of wood (ie: wood uses in building of altar, etc) which is significant.

I wonder if the car doors coming off just symbolized you being "transparent" and things being "exposed" in your life by others?

Please pray on what I've said. These are my thoughts
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Lola,
When you had this dream almost exactly two years a go and then you are reminded of it now,two things come in my mind.Either it fulfilment is near or still you have not known really want it means,it happens sometimes this way.In the dream I think you are taking authority of evil forces through revelational knowledge.Also I wonder why the dream revolves around "younger son""spirit"and "worship"

Is it that the Lord is reminding you to intercede for your children and to cover there future?Is it that the Lord is praparing you for battle that is a head of your family?

Please confirm,the name Amber was given to you as the name for this demon or was it that the Lord callled you Amber?

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Peter -

In the dream, the Lord renamed me Amber because I cast out the demon BUT it was the demon's name originally. In real life, this piece always had me wondering because I didn't understand why the Lord would do this. In the dream it felt like it was an honor for that to happen, like a medal of sorts. Similar to battles where the victors would take something from the losers like scalps, foreskins, etc.

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm

When I thought about amber it reminded me of the colour red and orange and it reminded me of flames or fire. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think one definition of amber involves flame or fire in some way.

There seems to be several defintions of amber, one defintion I found is that an amber is a type of gemstone as well.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Lord gave you a new name.

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Lurdys,

Thanks for this understanding,I also agree that the Lord would change specific peoples's name with a clear reason.All whose names were changed underwent a transformation spiritually and even in the asignment God gave them.Abraham's name was changed after God performed a covenant with him,Saul was changed to paul after a covenant relatioship with the Lord and he is separated for Lord's assignment in acts 13:2,Sarah's name is also changed and it comes with elavation and responsibility on her part.Every name change follows a covenant be it secular or christian.Culturally and specifically my culture the young men would hunt and kill lions bare handed,they would then cut its head (sign of authority)and drink its blood(covenant) and then they would assume the powers of the animal.They do not become like lions but they believe that they take the leadership and authority over all other people by killing the bravest enemy.David slays Goliath and cut his head with his own"Goliath"sword.Look there is the exchange of the weopon from the one who initially looked fearful and powerful .David preserves the same for future battles in his life!

Also in marriage covenant the wife uses the husband names(Exchange) and she nows rests in his covering.Let me now explain something in your dream.By you casting out the demon with the delagated authority that is upon you,you are excising authority of the most high God and the very symbol of oppression and power you acquire his name.Kings would be named after the territories they conquire!The issue of naming you a name that was demons's does not make you to be a demon.By doing so the Lord actually elavates in authority and give you power over him.The worst thing a person can do to you is defeat you in abattle and then rob you of your name!.In Exodus 4, God converts moses' rod to a serpent,the very symbol of pharaoh's influence.Thus, Moses demonstrates mastery over the very creature that once brought distance between man and God. Moses' message is that it is time for the Jews to re-enter into an intimate relationship with God.How Could God use the symbol of snake?In numbers 21 moses a gain erects the snake and whoever looked up to the bronze snake was healed,the very symbol of power of destruction,also mastery of the enemy.God is bestowing authority that the enemy might be having over your family and anyone else to you and he bring that symbolically by renaming you the enemy's name.I feel that the Lord is establishing you in faith and in spiritual warfare,the enemy is no issue if you realize the delegated authority,you have disarmed him and even aquired authority that once was ours but he took at the garden of Eden.Excisise this in your family and as you do it God will use you and will rank you in territories beyong.Pray over your family and stick on authority that God has given you.It makes things happen.

peter.

Last edited by peter odhiambo on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text)

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Amen!!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Your comments confirmed what is in my spirit. I definitely feel that I'm in a season of promotion, that the Lord is training/equipping me for something. And yes, Peter, I agree that it's spiritual warfare that I'm being equipped for. Desiree, you're right in that my discernment has increased over the course of the past year (smelling spirits and just feeling that something is/isn't "right") and since recording my dreams, I'm finding that more of my dreams have a prophetic piece to them, sometimes not significant, other times very significant. And of course, interpreting dreams on this site! flower

Butterfly, I've looked into the meaning of Amber as well and agree that one element of the name that is significant is fire because it makes me think of operating in the power of the Holy Spirit (baptism by fire) and symbolically it can mean purification which is what one would be doing in deliverance work. Amber is also a gemstone (which symbolically can represent a spiritual gift) that is formed from tree resin and the thing that's cool about amber is that it often traps other insects/crustaceans/plants as it's solidifying.

Peter - Thanks for sharing your understanding! That's the second dream in the last week I've posted where the interpretion included relevation knowledge. I thought of this dream because it was the first one that I recall having that dealt with this and it made such an impression that I wrote it down.

I do believe that the Lord was showing me at the time of the dream to pray for my kids which I do regularly. I recently had a dream where the Lord was showing/assuring me that we're (the boys and I) are protected so I feel blessed knowing that my prayers are being answered! :PTL:

I also appreciate your explanation of the renaming. I'm aware of the name changes that have occurred in Scripture but admit that I was a little unclear because those examples didn't include defeating a demon but your explanation definitely clarifies what's happening. This is a humbling period, a promotion is a blessing but it is also a responsibility. I am excited about the plans he has for me and pray that I am able to serve Him in a way that gives Him all the glory! praiseGod

God bless you all!

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsSparta on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 pm

good dream

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down