sleeping on floor, then in bed with man (resting), then in kitchen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sleeping on floor, then in bed with man (resting), then in kitchen

Post by Jodi on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Dream:
I was traveling with a friend. We are both young women and we had been on some adventure. We needed rest before traveling the rest of the way home, so we stopped at a hotel. (We were in our twenties, but IRL I'm in my forties.) We entered a hotel room and the first room was empty. The walls, carpet, and everything else was totally white. I could see into the next room because it had no door, just an arched opening. There was a big white bed in that room and a man sleeping in it. We slept on the floor in the first room so as not to disturb the sleeping man. I was not afraid of him. I knew he would not harm us.

When I awoke, my friend was gone. (It was not as if she had abandoned me. It was as if she just disappeared from the dream.) The man standing next to the bed. I knew he was offering me rest - that I could lie down in the bed and it would be OK. It wasn't sexual propositioning; it was an offer of rest. I slept next to him and awoke when he was getting out of the bed in the morning. (Now I am older, in my forties.)

I followed him as he went into the kitchen, thinking I could help fix breakfast. There was a Hispanic family standing in the kitchen on the other side of a counter. (At this point, the man disappeared from the dream, but I think I sensed him still being there - just not visible.) The counter was between us. I saw some red raspberries on the counter and picked them up to rinse them. The scene shifted to a close up view of the berries and then back to a more normal size. I then noticed a look of longing on the mother's face as she stared at the berries and then out of the kitchen window. I followed her gaze and looked through the window. I could see a supernatural distance into another country far away. I saw a field with farm workers picking berries. The mom was thinking of the berries as a connection to this son of hers who was far away picking berries. She was sad about being so far away from him and maybe even worried that she would never see him again. I put the berries down on the counter fro her to pick up. She picked them up lovingly. The rest of the family was gathered around her, but the focus was always on the mom. (I am still forty-ish.) I woke up.

Here's what I think these things mean in the context of this dream, but do any of my interpretations seem off to you? Do you see something that I have overlooked?

Sleeping on floor and then in the bed reminds me of Ruth sleeping at Boaz's feet before they were married

counter = barrier, but it also was the place where the berries were and where I placed them to give to her, so it was also maybe like a bridge between us/ connecting us?

Hispanic family, especially mom = Why a Hispanic family? I've been to Mexico on a missions trip, but it had nothing to do with farm workers.

red raspberries = ? I didn't know how to really help, so I gave her the berries that reminded her of her son. I didn't hand her a plane ticket to go see her son, just the berries that gave her a bittersweet feeling of a remote connection to her son. It seems like a distant way to help because I didn't hand the berries directly to her, but placed them for her to pick up. Why didn't I place them into her hand? This seems like well-intentioned, but very ineffective ministry. But it depends on what the berries represent.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sleeping on floor, then in bed with man (resting), then in kitchen

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:19 pm

it is a prophetic vision...fruits like in the promise land, you were allow to see what lies ahead just wait and all this will make more sense..if the dream caught your attention like that. don't miss what the Lord is about to give you..Something good...in a unexpected way..
I know the close you get to this the lord will reveal more to you.
Your Boaz is at the doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks mbstudent,
The berries were there for me to give to the woman. I didn't eat any of them myself or keep any. They were her connection to her far-away/ distant son.

"Your Boaz is at the doors" might mean that Jesus is at the door. I've read an analogy about the book of Ruth that says Boaz is symbolic for Jesus, Ruth is symbolic for the Bride of Christ, and Naomi is symbolic of the Holy Spirit. (I'm married, so I'm not looking for a new husband [Boaz]. So, If the Lord gave you "Your Boaz is at the door," then Boaz must be symbolic somehow.) Interesting....I'll be praying and thinking abot this one some more. Thanks for responding.

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun May 17, 2009 3:22 pm

i see what you mean about Boaz. But i would also like to add that the Lord is sending you into a period of rest. Sometimes He just wants us to rest.

the berry thing really reminds me of people who live in mexico and their children come over here to work in the fields for more money. I know the seperation is very hard on them. God may be calling you to pray for this specific family. sometimes He gives us glimpses into other peoples lives we have never met, or ever will.

hope this helps,
love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 am

Daphanie,

I do feel that God arranged a period of rest for me. I lost my teaching job about five years ago and have been teaching as a substitute, which has less responsibility and time demands. I was deeply sad to have to give up my teaching position, but this has given me more time to deal with my husband's health issues and the many household problems that occurred since he went into the nursing home. I have learned to do the budget, run a chain saw, dig a French drain to stop the basement from flooding, and more. During these stressful situations, God is granting me an unusual peace and calmness. I deal with each situation, but I'm not panicking. When I get too stressed, I pray and I ask my friends for help. Then I've learned to trust God to handle the situation His way. I don't have to force the outcomes - just do my best and trust that whatevere happens, God is with me. God has even sent people to offer unasked-for help. I am blessed with the freedom to spend outrageous amounts of time reading God's Word, writing about what He's been teaching me, reading Christian books, and journaling, and praying both listening prayers and intercessory ones. It has become such a period of resting in God (even though problems still ocurr rather frequently), that I am glad I gave up the teaching position I loved so much.

I didn't think about the possibility that He wants me to pray for the migrant workers and their families. Thanks for pointing it out. On two other occassions God gave me the names of a person I do not know. I prayed for the person, blessing her with whatever I could think of that she might need, in submission to Jesus' will for her life. At first, I kept thinking that I would meet the person and the meeting would be significant, but I haven't met either of the two women yet. Now I know that it's OK if I never meet them. It was significant that God entrusted me with praying for them. It felt like a privilege to be trusted with this. So now I can pray for migrant families.

Love,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top