Themes that keep coming back up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Themes that keep coming back up

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 pm

In addition to having multiple dreams about trailer homes/mobile homes, I had dreams on 2 consecutive nights about my neighbors. On the first night it was about my former neighbor with whom I was good friends. In the dream, we were ona beach together in california with a young child who was mine, but whom I did not know. The young child ( a girl) had taken off her diaper. I was worried about sand getting on her, but it was a motherly-fussing, not an anxiety/overwhelming worry.
On the next night, it was about my current neighbor - who goes to my church, but is older than I am and we are friendly but we don't "hang out". My husband and I had gone over to her house and had gotten in their bed??? Also, the foyer of their home was grossly enlarged and she had for sale water fountains and wind-chimes whcih she had either made or picked up at yard sales.
I am not convinced these are not soul-ish dreams. But it's an odd link. Any thoughts?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Themes that keep coming back up

Post by ThisIsSparta on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:06 pm

why would they be soulish dreams?

do you think about your neighbors alot?

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:44 pm

No, I don't think about my old neighbor at all. Obviously, my current neighbors cross my mind, but only in very ordinary ways: waving to each other on the street, talking in the yard, etc.
I ASSUMED they were soul/me-derived dreams, until I was reflecting back and saw the connection, so now I am re-visiting. Trying to use discernment.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

addition to post

Post by M on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi RnestseekR,

Are you listening to your friends advice maybe too much. Jumping around from one advise to another, or adding the different opinions together to formulate one? And then sharing too much information with the one who seems the most spiritual.( or older and wiser) As in getting in their bed. See you could be buying some home made Spiritual revelations ( water fountains) and buying some home made wisdom from the artificial wind of the made up Holy Spirit, it even sounds good as in a wind chime.See this would keep your house or your life from being permanently grounded like a Trailer or Mobile Home. You could be getting the wrong advise from well meaning Christians, even your own congregation. I think you are a LEADER and God wants you seek the answers from him because he wants to give you advanced information. But of course all things in the rite order. God, Jesus then then your husband and you then the Kids. So continue to share all info with Hubby. thumbs

Filter every word through the Word of GOD. " Test every Spirit".....

Blessings,
D

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Hmmm - let me think and pray on that. I'm not really getting opinions from friends, but I do feel "swayed" by different church theologies. For example, my own pastor has said (in a recent sermon) to drop your anchor and hold steady as the storms of life come on. Beth Moore says just to expect the rough times in life, cause they're part of the spiritual journey. I got Tony Evans saying I got rough times cause I brought it on and I need to be fasting to be humble and to repent so i can get out of this storm. I got people on this forum telling me that I need to do spiritual warfare, call it by name, bind it up, and cancel it out.
I am so confused. I have asked the Lord to reveal what sin it is that has brought this storm on. My husband and I have done an inventory (alluded to by tony Evans) to see where we have sinned. I thought maybe it was not giving to the Lord all that was His, but when we looked at our numbers, we are over the 10% - that's just the things I have a receipt for, not time, not physical things like letting people live in a house for free or giving blankets, or donating furniture to a single mom, etc. We love to give - time, money, and the little miscellaneous things.
I've tried naming it, binding it or whatever that's all about (I go to a straightup non-denominational church, they don't do the spiritual warfare stuff). And you know what that got me - a scary "joker" in my room at night! I've fasted. I've tried to stay focused on praying and believing. That takes much of my energy because I have to work so hard to shut that voice up that keeps demanding"evidence".
So, I have been trying to shut out "theologies" and just focus on the Word. But there are so many interpretations on that. For example, (not that this relates to my situation) but today was about Jeptha and the virgin daughter he sacrficed/set aside for god - no one agrees on which it was and the Word is not clear. I've gone to IHOP - the house of prayer here in KC for prayer and prophecy (again, my local congregation does not recognize prophecy. But the Word says to desire prophecy and I thought I should rely on someone else's spiritual gifts since I wasn't getting anywhere myself.) What I got was that I am in a desert, but that a 100-year bloom was coming. Blooms that only come out once every 100 years when these 100-year rains come. It should have helped - but I already knew I was in a desert! Trying hold on to the idea of the rains coming.
Here's my one thing I am sure of and so thankful for: EASTER! I KNOW Jesus came, I know he sacrificed for me so that I could have a relationship with the same Father that He serves. I know he was raised again. I don't know why we don't see the same power in our lives that we read about in the new testament church. I don't know why God doesn't heal people, but that he does know why and some, but apparently not many, are healed. But this Sunday - or some on Saturday - churches all over the world are going to come together and agree on one thing.
So I came to Jesus this afternoon and said, essentially, I am tired of not knowing what I am supposed to do. I've asked you (Jesus) and not had a word, I've gone to my husband and my local pastor, I've read well-respected pastor/teachers and I've tried to be teachable. So I'm dumping this here at your feet cause I don;t know whether I am supposed to stay here at your feet and let you fight a battle that was intended to be yours or if I am supposed to go out with both fists up myself.
Thanks for listening. I am frustrated. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. I have one best girlfriend who's doing the best she can to listen and just be there - she recognizes she doesn't have the answers but is faithful in continuing to lift me up in prayer. Other than that, I share on this forum and that's it.
And I don't know if I want your mldarrell) feedback hoping you'll knock me upside the head with a 2x4 or if I don't want feedback because it'll just add to my "theology junk closet". I do know that my husband and I are called to this church and not been told to leave. My pastor is spirit-filled and spirit-led.
Bottom line: I dunno much anymore. I thought I did and now I don't. Thanks for the time you have set aside to listen, pray and advice. I do really appreciate it.

Last edited by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 pm

It seems as though Then and Now are being contrasted:

Then (On the first night):
Your neighbor was your friend.
You spent time together, relaxing and relating.
(Think about what California represents to you: ie home? warmth? a period of your life when you loved there? Who was your spiritual leader at that time and what did s/he teach? Maybe this will be significant.)
The young girl can represent a new and unfamiliar ministry that was yours. Were you stepping out in new ways to minister to others during that time? You cared about doing the ministry right, and it took energy to do so, but you enjoyed it.

Now (On the second night):
Your neighbor is a friendly acquaintance.

“My husband and I had gone over to her house and had gotten in their bed???” Getting into bed here does NOT represent something inappropriate sexually between you two and them. (??? - so don’t worry how odd it sounds) It might represent that you and your husband will be in agreement with them or will form a partnership with them.

But notice:
“The foyer (welcoming area/ entrance) of their home was grossly enlarged.” Was it like the Lord was calling your attention to this area or like this area was being exaggerated or over-emphasized? If the latter, then I think it means that their welcoming attitude is somewhat artificially exaggerated because they hope to sell you as Midarrell partly said, “home-made Spiritual revelations (water fountains)” and “home-made wisdom from the artificial wind of the made-up Holy Spirit. It even sounds good as in a wind chime.”
Notice that in your dream you did NOT buy the fountains and chimes. I think this dream might be warning you not to believe the ideas that this particular neighbor is promoting or “selling.” Although it isn’t saying you already did buy into these ideas, it does seem to be warning you not to do so.

It seems that God is aware of your frustration about getting conflicting/ confusing advice. He’s talking to you through your dreams, so take heart because you do hear from Him personally. (“I thought I should rely on someone else's spiritual gifts since I wasn't getting anywhere myself.”) I sometimes get discouraged about hearing Him because I don’t always understand what He’s saying to me when He does talk. But what I am learning is that if I needed to know it right now, then He’ll make it clear right now. If I need to continue to seek Him and draw nearer, then He gives me a dream or vision to puzzle over for awhile. But He won’t let me miss crucial information by His puzzling dreams. They’re meant to entice us closer to Him (not in condemnation/ not shame on you for not being closer - just I love you and you love Me, so come spend some time with Me.)

I’ll try to untangle the conflict among the three people whose advice you mentioned. Your pastor, Beth Moore, and Tony Evans all three could be right, but not for the same situations.

Sometimes it is best to drop anchor and stay steady in stressful situations. (personal example - My husband is chronically ill and that is a stressful situation, but I shouldn’t run away from that stress. I draw my strength from the Lord as I face that stress. Anchor down!)

Sometimes it is best to “expect the rough times in life, because they're part of the spiritual journey.” The enemy will try to pull you away from God. Why would God allow this? maybe to test your faithfulness to Him, maybe to show you how strong you are when you didn’t realize it, maybe to show others how you draw your strength from Him so you can be a testimony to them about His presence in your life. Just because you are having a storm does not necessarily mean that you are displeasing God. Job was not displeasing God, but God trusted Job to show satan that a mere person could actually stay true to Him even in distress. maybe God is trusting you to stay true to Him even in your distress. If so, you are fighting a spiritual battle (spiritual warfare) and every time you trust and praise God in spite of your circumstances you win one for God’s team!

Sometimes people do “have rough times because they brought it on.” God will allow us to experience the consequences of our own bad choices. If I overspend, I might go into bankruptcy. If I overeat and under-exercise, I will gain weight. If I do drugs, I will have negative consequences. To get out from under those consequences, I will need to repent and humble myself enough to ask God to help me make better choices and be free from whatever spirits moved in to make things even harder for me to change. But remember, not every storm is caused by your bad choices or sin. Sometimes it is that God is allowing a tough situation into your life to test your faithfulness, or to show you the strength of your trust in Him, or to show others that faithfulness is possible even for someone who is going through hard things.

Spiritual warfare means that there are evil spirits who work for the devil and who want to draw you away from the Lord. They do not fight fair. They will try to trick and confuse you. But Jesus is stronger than they are and they have to obey Jesus’ command. If you or someone else does have an evil spirit oppressing you, then it is possible to get rid of it. First pray for the Holy Spirit to come help you. (My advice is to never fight this way without Him.) You already have the Holy Spirit in you at all times, but He can bring His presence more strongly when you ask for more of Him. Then repent of letting any evil spirit have any influence over your thinking. (They tend to invade your thoughts and sound just like your own thinking, but very negative and destructive. That’s how you recognize them - by their destructive nature.) Example: When I was being set free from a spirit of Rejection, my friend led me to pray “I’m sorry God for allowing myself to believe that my husband doesn’t really love me. I’m sorry for allowing the spirit of Rejection to minister to me in any way.” After I told the Holy Spirit I didn’t want anything in me that was not Him and I wanted more of His presence, and after I repented of letting the spirit minister to me, then my friend commanded it out in the name of Jesus (very important to do it in Jesus’ name) by calling its name, saying “ Spirit of Rejection, get out in the name of Jesus!” and I felt it leave me. She also taught me that it would try to come back and when it did, I had to do what she had just done - tell it to get lost in the name of Jesus. It did try to come back and I did tell it to leave in Jesus name and it did leave. I have not needed the anti-depressants I used to take ever again since that day. Praise God! You can also tell a spirit that its assignment in a person’s life is cancelled in Jesus’ name. But remember: NOT EVERY storm is caused by an evil spirit.

“You have asked the Lord to reveal what sin it is that has brought this storm on.” Maybe no sin brought the storm on. Remember Job?

“I've tried naming it, binding it or whatever that's all about....And you know what that got me - a scary "joker" in my room at night!” If you try to command a spirit and forget to do it in Jesus’ name or by the power of the Holy Spirit, the evil spirit does not have to listen to you and can torment you more. I recommend if you have a spirit bothering you, that you ask someone who is experienced in spiritual warfare (but not in a flashy “Look what I can do” kind of way) to pray with you.

“I've fasted and I've tried to stay focused on praying and believing. That takes much of my energy because I have to work so hard to shut that voice up that keeps demanding ‘evidence.’” This voice inside is an example of how an evil spirit will talk to you. You do not have to earn God’s love or approval. He already loves and approves you as His daughter. Your fasting, praying and believing are not done to prove anything. They are done to draw closer to God. The enemy will also try to convince you that God is not there. But the Bible says He will never forsake you and He won’t.

“So, I have been trying to shut out "theologies" and just focus on the Word. But there are so many interpretations on that. For example, (not that this relates to my situation) but today was about Jeptha and the virgin daughter he sacrficed/set aside for god - no one agrees on which it was and the Word is not clear.” When ever I don’t understand the Word, I ask the Holy spirit to help me understand it. If I am still not sure, I talk to Him about it, saying, “OK God. I don’t get this. It doesn’t sound like something I would expect from a loving God. But I choose to believe that You are a loving God anyway. I’m going to read a different part of Your word now because I’m telling You even though I don’t understand this part right now, I still choose to believe in Your goodness.”

IHOP prophecy:
I am in a desert, but that a 100-year bloom was coming.
It is a bloom that only comes out once every 100 years when these 100-year rains come. I’m trying to hold on to the idea of the rains coming.
Put this on the back burner until God chooses to reveal to you what it means. You won’t understand it until then anyway so don’t let it drive you nuts in the meantime.

“Here's my one thing I am sure of and so thankful for: I KNOW Jesus came, I know he sacrificed for me so that I could have a relationship with the same Father that He serves. I know he was raised again.” Yes, hang on to this!

I don't know why we don't see the same power in our lives that we read about in the new testament church. - me either!

I don't know why God doesn't heal some people, but he does heal some.

This Sunday - or some on Saturday - churches all over the world are going to come together and agree on one thing.

“So I came to Jesus this afternoon and said, essentially, I am tired of not knowing what I am supposed to do. I've asked you (Jesus) and not had a word, I've gone to my husband and my local pastor, I've read well-respected pastor/teachers and I've tried to be teachable. So I'm dumping this here at your feet cause I don’t know whether I am supposed to stay here at your feet and let you fight a battle that was intended to be yours or if I am supposed to go out with both fists up myself.” Amen! It’s always good to bring whatever doesn’t make sense to the Lord and dump it at His feet. And Even if God never heals my husband in this life, He is still a good God. This life is such a finite small part of our overall eternal lifespan.

Thank You, God, for Rnestseeker's heart for You. Thank you that she reads her Bible and earnestly desires to hear from You and be close with You. Thanks for her best girlfriend who's listening, being there, and is being faithful in continuing to lift her up in prayer. Thank You also that she does know that her husband and she are called to this church and not been told to leave and that her pastor is spirit-filled and spirit-led. Please, give her peace and clarity and chase away the confusion. Holy Spirit, please do spiritual warfare on her behalf and set her free from all oppressing spirits. Let her feel Your presence and let her rest in You. I ask these blessings in Jesus' holy and loved name, amen.

Sorry this is so long, but I could feel your frustration and didn't want to leave any stone unturned in trying to help.
Love ya,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks Jodi, for feeling my frustration along with me!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top