solo bike & solo kite - simple tools of spiritual warfare?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solo bike & solo kite - simple tools of spiritual warfare?

Post by Jodi on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am

Lurdys made an interesting point that I appreciate. (She noticed that the "kite is solo" and "doesn't carry others" so didn't think it meant the ministry that my friends had thought it might mean. What she said made much sense to me.) I've read another's post about a bike and Rnestseeker's response to it triggered my memory of the point Lurdys made because she noticed that the bike is usually for only one person - "solo" - like the kite.

RnestseekR wrote in part that:
"a bicycle is meant for only one person, but more than that, a bicycle is a simple machine, a simple form of transportation, a method of moving from one place to another that requires some personal exertion or personal application."

My earlier post followed by new questions about what Rnestseeker said:
A red-trimmed diamond-shaped white kite with a red bow in its center and three red bows on its tail was following tire tracks in the snow. The tracks curved. At first the kite followed directly above the tracks. Then the kite veered away from the tracks, following them off to one side rather than directly above. Finally the kite veered back in position directly above the tracks.

Questions:
Could the kite also represent a "simple tool of spiritual warfare?" I know it isn't a form of transportation, other than the kite itself gets moved from one place to another.
Prayer was given as an example of a simple tool of spiritual warfare. What other simple tools are there for spiritual warfare? evangelizing? What else can you think of that fits this concept? Please pray to see if God will reveal to you which tool of warfare because I think I know what it might be but am uncertain and could really use some confirmation. Thanks.

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: solo bike & solo kite - simple tools of spiritual warfare?

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Hmmm. The thing that I think about a kite is how it catches the wind. It's meaningless unless it is lifted up into the wind/skies. I am thinking maybe praise. I am learning praise. I personally become defeated when I am not praising God. IT IS SO HARD TO DO when I am already down and out. When I've met one obstacle after another and have had the door slammed in my face one too many times. But I remember that god inhabits that praise of His people. If I want Him near, then i've got to praise him. One other thought: sometimes when we are ina time of real praise and worship, we catch the wind of the Holy Spirit and soar higher - like your kite!
Other thoughts about tools in doing doing spiritual warfare - of course the list in Ephesians: truth, the Word of God, the shield of faith, and prayer. If you interpret the word "tools" to mean a resource available to you, then do not forget your christian brothers and sisters!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Thanks, Rnestseeker!

The idea that the kite means "a simple tool of spiritual warfare" really helps me look at this dream with increased understanding. This dream combined with the toddler dream is pointing me in a direction. It feels good to sense where the Lord wants me to go. Otherwise it's hard to decide which things to pursue. I'm so glad you posted about it when responding to Paul's bicycle post.

Writing about the truths that the Holy Spirit has been teaching me and writing about God's word is one simple way to do spiritual warfare too. I think He is calling me to change from classsroom teaching to teaching about God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit through the written word. (I think this because of circumstances and the dream I posted about a toddler/ grandson.)

I will remember your point about praising God. I need to spend some more time with Him - praising Him and doing listening prayer and intercessory prayer. I've been off scehdule due to unexpected events and I've allowed it to interfere with my "God time." As a result I've been feeling down. It's because I'm missing our time together.

I am used to being fairly solitary, but am learing the importance of fellowship with my Christian brothers and sisters. It means a lot to have these relationships! I'm grateful for the Christians I'm getting to know through this site as well as the ones I worship with. I praise God that He built us for relationships with Him and with each other - it makes life so much better.

Love,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:25 pm

I've searched for the dream and can't find it. After reading the comments on this board, the only thing that comes to me when thinking of a kite is that it is maneuvered by the wind and it is connected to a string being held by someone or an object to keep it from flying away.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi, Virtuous.
I copied the post here so you wouldn't have to go look for it:
A red-trimmed diamond-shaped white kite with a red bow in its center and three red bows on its tail was following tire tracks in the snow. The tracks curved. At first the kite followed directly above the tracks. Then the kite veered away from the tracks, following them off to one side rather than directly above. Finally the kite veered back in position directly above the tracks.

This kite was floating without being held down by anyone or anything. It was adrift on the wind going where ever the wind took it.

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top