What does a door symbolize?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does a door symbolize?

Post by Believer on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:10 pm

I dreamed of having a new house built next to my former house. My house was made of brick; however I could not find anyone to help me put my door on.Around the seams of my door it looked like tremendous amount of goo typed glue. In this dream, I went next door into my former house to try to ask my older brother to help me with the door after a guy friend of mine, who I called on the phone, made up every excuse why he couldnt help me. In frustration, I hung up the phone[ end of dream}

Believer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does a door symbolize?

Post by ThisIsSparta on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:14 pm

think of doors to houses as "Doorways to your Personality" etc...

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Believer on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks Sparta! Im not sure Im comprehending right how what this could all meam for me. I will have to pray and meditate. God Bless!

Believer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsSparta on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Doors can also mean Oppurtunities...

"Door of Oppurtunity."

but a front door to YOUR house almost always represents a Doorway to YOUR SELF.

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Accessibility. Are you being open and available to others?
OR
Boundaries. A door defines a threshold. You didn't have a door, but recognized you needed one. For anyone with boundary issues (not necessarily you, Believer), I always reccomend Boundaries by Dr's Cloud and Townsend. Try the library for it first!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by somethingnew04 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:52 am

Yes....just as stated by the others, doors of opportunities.....or need for boundaries.....look deep within.....We all need to set some boundaries sometimes LOL - Whether it's a good opportunity coming your way....or the need to set some boundaries, Keep trusting God to bring it to pass....No need to try to make it happen....God will do everything good in His time....
Marte

somethingnew04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by str82heart on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm not sure if this helps but it seems to me that bricks would represent something sturdy and grounded which may represent stability? The impression I get of the door is something you have not had closure with in your life yet such as a relationship. (Maybe, the ex you mentioned in the dream?) I get the impression that the 'goo' on the door represents your struggling to put closure to this relationship and you have been seeking help from others (as your brother is in the dream) to get past/overcome it.

I don't know that this is correct but it is what I felt impressed upon me when I read your posts. Hope this helps.

Be blessed!

str82heart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:57 pm

When I think of houses I think of the ones that the bible speaks about: the house built on the rock (firm foundation) and the one that was built on sand. When the storms of life came the house that was built on rock stood the test of time but the one on the sand didn't of course. Jesus also showed us that the builder who has the house on rock represents the person that not only hears the word but puts it into action. We are blessed when we do what God has asked of us.

When I look at the door I also think about "a passageway" or the entrance into something. Jesus is also the door and we can only come to the father through him. We have to come to Jesus the right way and through the front is the only way. You had two houses--could this represent the old you and now the new you and you're seeing the contrast between the two? Its seems like you're going about things the right way but there are still some things that you need help with and need answers too, it seems like you're even frustrated that those who are close to you aren't offering the help that you're looking for.

I pray that God will give you wisdom as to know what to do. I pray that you will have complete happiness and peace in your decision making. Look for God's peace!!! As long as you're standing on God's word, you'll be fine!

please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top