Riding a Bicycle Downhill

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Riding a Bicycle Downhill

Post by Paul RT on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:28 pm

I was riding a bicycle, returning home to Auburn in Sydney. I reached down to the front wheel as I was traveling across a railway crossing, and could feel something grabbing at my left hand, something like a cat biting me, but when I looked down it had gone.

I was then traveling faster downhill, and just missed hitting 3 or 4 large potholes in the road. I skirted past on the right hand side of them.

I then felt something wrapped around my bottom left eye tooth, which turned out to be a thin strip of toweling.

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Riding a Bicycle Downhill

Post by ThisIsSparta on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 pm

riding a bicycle represents your individual life.

because a bicycle was designed for only ONE person, theoretically.

going downhill is symbolic of your life 'going downhill' in some way.

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Paul RT,
Here's what I noticed about the dream:
Riding downhill is easier than riding uphill. Maybe it symbolizes that things will become easier.

The biting did not continue and it did not stop you. The potholes were a near miss - but you did miss them!

The cat bit your left hand. The potholes when you noticed them were to the left of you since you passed them on the right. The problems came from the left, but you stayed to the right side. I'm not sure what left and right signify, but they stuck out.

"Wisdom teeth" can represent "wisdom," so maybe an "eye tooth" represents "seeing." I'm not sure what it means that it is wrapped in a thin strip of toweling.

Mia says to pay attention to feelings in the dream. Were you anxious about the biting on your hand or the potholes or were they minor distractions?
Did the tooth being wrapped feel comforting like a wound being bandaged? or like the tooth was tangled up in the toweling?

- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:34 am

Thanks Thisissparta and Jodi for your suggestions

By way of background, the organisation I work for was advised last week that we had lost most of our government contracts for the next three years, which means I could be retrenched by June 30 if I don't find another job in the meantime. Maybe that can explain some things.

As for feelings during the dream, most times I don't recall many feelings after mine. The closest I can recall was being unafraid and confident.

I applied for another job about 2 weeks ago, and i believe I have been shortlisted for an interview. I feel that I have strong claims to that position, but my challenge has usually been not to run ahead of God and trust him to make a smooth path if that's what He wants.

The only other matter the dream may relate to is that my daughter is just trying to extricate herself financially from her marriage to a very controlling man. Again, I'm inclined to jump in and rescue, but my wife always tells me to stop trying to interfere!

I'd value your prayers in both areas, and for wisdom and patience in dealing with them

Yours in Christ

Paul

:thankyou:

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Paul,

Dads and moms do want to rescue their baby girls! lol Just being there for her emotionally - on her side - lets her know how much you care. I think she appreciates that in itself. I have prayed for your job and for your daughter's situation. God bless you and your family.

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Paul: Not in my personal dreams, but in other people's dreams, I have heard of God using bicycles to represent "simple tools of spiritual warfare". Specifically, prayer was what it meant one time. Just a thought. As someone else pointed out, a bicycle is meant for only one person, but more than that, a bicycle is a simple machine, a simple form of transportation, a mthod of moving from one place to another that requires some personal exertion or personal application. Keep thinking along these lines as to how the bicycle applies specifically to you.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am

Thanks guys thinking praying

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:43 am

Sponsored content