Homeless Ministry & Dangerous Bridge

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homeless Ministry & Dangerous Bridge

Post by SheBelieves on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:27 am

What a wild one last night!

I was in a big city's downtown seedy district because we were helping the homeless - giving them food, drink, clothing, blankets, etc. It was not my ministry but I was there to help another's ministry. It was so very disorganized, filthy and dangerous, no wise safety measures in place. Our ministry is very organized, clean and safe conditions. I wanted so badly to tell them how to do it to make it work better for them with little waste and better conditions, but the head of the ministry was too busy putting out fires to listen to me. I kept trying to do it better myself hoping people would take my lead. In exasperation, I gave up and decided to go home.

When I was leaving two ministers asked me for a ride home. I had to go out of my way, but I agreed. They pointed me to this freeway I did not recognize. I did not feel comfortable, but knew I had to get them home. All of a sudden we came upon a bridge overpass. It was VERY narrow and VERY steep - picture the Arch in St. Louis - that much of a grade!! It was just two narrow lanes both going in the same direction with NO guardrails. The left side was covered in fresh gravelly asphalt and could not be driven on. I was petrified to say the least.

I started up the bridge's incline but could not continue because fear gripped me. It was such a steep grade the car was basically perpendicular to the ground below. I knew I needed to speed up to make it over the top, but with no guardrails, I was afraid I wouldn't stay on the bridge and would go off at the top. Since I couldn't do it, the car started to roll backward to the ground. As the car was leaving the road I woke up.

Any help is appreciated!

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeless Ministry & Dangerous Bridge

Post by M on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:18 pm

"I was in a big city's downtown seedy district
because we were helping the homeless - giving them food, drink,
clothing, blankets, etc. It was not my ministry but I was there to help
another's ministry. It was so very disorganized, filthy and dangerous,
no wise safety measures in place."

This sounds like a place God would send his saints. Remember Jonah, and the Ninevites, Jonah feared and even hated these people they were dangerous blood thirsty Godless-scary people.

"Our ministry is very organized, clean and safe
conditions. I wanted so badly to tell them how to do it to make it work
better for them with little waste and better conditions,"

This is ok when you have time and money and lots of provision. I mean you really do not have to depend on God for much when you are doing ministries from the comfort of a Mega Church warehouse.
And please do not email me on this , if God has blessed us with a large territory, then to God be the Glory! Amen? And if we have a comity of Engineers, and Bus drivers everything could arrive labeled and collated. But this kind of ministry takes time to establish.

"but the head of the ministry was too busy putting
out fires to listen to me. I kept trying to do it better myself hoping
people would take my lead. In exasperation, I gave up and decided to go
home.
"

See this guy is putting out fires because NO BODY is going to be prepared for a Catrina. You just have to jump in the the middle and trust the Lord for even your life sometimes. But If I am working for God
, and doing his ministry then the consequences for the out come are his and not mine.

"When I was leaving two ministers asked me for a ride home. I had to go out of my way, but I agreed."

You do love the Lord. :) And you are willing to sacrifice for you brother.

"All of a sudden we came upon a bridge overpass. It
was VERY narrow and VERY steep - picture the Arch in St. Louis - that
much of a grade!! It was just two narrow lanes both going in the same
direction with NO guardrails. The left side was covered in fresh
gravelly asphalt and could not be driven on. I was petrified to say the
least
"

Two things here stick out well more but this is a few. Bridge- there are many times when the Lord will say "Do you love me? If you do then cross this bridge" Bridge has many symbolic meanings, but one is constant and that is when you cross you will have arrived at a new place. Another thing that sticks out is St. Louis it is Known as the door to the west. The west is the direction that Gods mercy comes from. It is Gods mercy that enables us to overcome fear. And it is our faith that puts his power into action on our behalf. Agreement!

"
I started up the bridge's incline but could not
continue because fear gripped me. It was such a steep grade the car was
basically perpendicular to the ground below. I knew I needed to speed
up to make it over the top, but with no guardrails, I was afraid I
wouldn't stay on the bridge and would go off at the top. Since I
couldn't do it, the car started to roll backward to the ground. As the
car was leaving the road I woke up."

First you have to trust in the word. Peter walked on water because of one word. " COME"
then he doubted the word and began to sink!
I think the Lord wants you to step into a new level of faith. One that will change your paradigm, and the way you think about ministry.

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Thank you for your input.

I have to disagree about the ministry part. I actually have a homeless ministry (since 1997). We are not rolling in money but we always do everything in order - clean, safe, and full of integrity. We do not feed people rotting food or give them clothing with holes in it. We don't operate in fear. We do it as unto the Lord, with respect and dignity, not dirt and fear. Matthew 25

My first thought about the bridge was what you said about Peter, except the more I think about it, the more I don't think so. I did not know these ministers and did not know where they were having me go. Since they were part of the unorganized, dirty and unsafe homeless ministry, I am not sure I should even have been with them.

But, thank you anyway!

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by M on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:25 pm

nerd Hi,

I have been to many places and one in particular, where the children actually ate dirt. another that added cow dung as a filler. i have seen poor children drink muddy water down stream from a latrine. i know of many people whom would be over joyed to have clothes of any kind.
i have seen war torn children that have no parents, they group together to survive.I have seen men so drunk they could not walk. But it was better than the pain of the bondage they lived with so they would drink until they fell down. What if God compared our ministry to his? Consider Mother Tareasa and the dirty poor dying people she cared for for many years in a dirty falling down old building.

You said you did not Know the ministers in the dream. Perhaps that is the point. see what we all need is an accurate picture of who God is and what is important to him. Otherwise people are left discouraged, confused and OUT OF THE GAME.

I am very sorry if I seemed unfair to your dream. But I must say that I do not even Know you so I could not have any preconceived misconceptions about the dream. HOW EVER if it was me that gave the interpretation instead of the Holy Ghost then there is a very high possibility That I am wrong. But I only meant to be of some help. Please forgive me

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by M on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 am

Hi ,

Are you considering government funding for you ministry. Or teaming up with some other ministry. If so the dream could mean that following this will be a set back.

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:58 am

mldarrell wrote:Hi ,

Are you considering government funding for you ministry. Or teaming up with some other ministry. If so the dream could mean that following this will be a set back.

Hi Mldarrell,

No. We never have and never will take government funding because it would tie our hands too much.

We have worked in unison with - but never merged - other ministries (at large outreaches). We tend to do our own ministry and help fund other ministries so they can do theirs.

The more I am in prayer about it, the more I know this dream is about me personally and some changes I am going through.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:23 am

I didn't read through all the posts above and don't know what's really been stated so forgive me if my questions are redundant....

Are you feeling frustrated in the ministry work that you're involved in e.g., your ideas aren't being heard? You may be struggling and it feels like an uphill battle with little room for error because of it impact? Some of the basic provisions aren't there (gravel road that's unpaved, no guardrails) so it makes an already challenging situation seem almost impossible? Your car rolling backwards suggests that you might feel that you may not be equipped to get through this?

Please pray on what's been said.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

addition to post

Post by M on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 am

Dear believes,

I Thank God for ministries like yours and I thank God for people like you.

The longer I live and the closer I get to him ( by His Grace I get closer) the more of "one" fact gets clearer and clearer to me, it is this;

All humans struggle daily to some degree and all humans can be put in one of two categories. Those who have Christ and those who do not.

Bless you sister,
D

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top