Open Door and Rosie Grier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Open Door and Rosie Grier

Post by lola21st on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:01 pm

A couple of nights ago I was up at 3am and fell back asleep. In the dream, I was asleep and woke up because my sons were up playing and being noisy. I was upset because I'd just fallen back asleep and now they were waking me up (it was a smooth transition from when I really was awake to when I was awakened in the dream, like I was in the same state of mind...make sense?)...I got out of bed and went into the hallway and shouted at them that they should be in bed because we have to wake up in 3 hours. As I went to the stairs to chase after them, I realized that they left the front door open. I panicked that the door was wide open at that time of the morning because anyone could come in. I was reprimanding them about being careless and about the dangers of doing this especially at 3am...

When I walked by the doorway, Rosie Grier (former football player in the 60's turned actor and singer turned pastor) was there ( :huh: and I wasn't disturbed that he was at my doorway at 3am lol!) and he told me that I didn't have to worry because our neighborhood was safe. Then he started talking about the quality of the construction of the homes in this development and started walking through my house pointing out certain features that proved his point. He was making an observation about the stairs which seemed to be made of one continuous piece of wood. They looked like stairs with an art deco style (not like mine in real life) and he said that this feature is what sold him and his wife on buying one of the homes...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Open Door and Rosie Grier

Post by Jodi on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Lola,
This is what I noticed about your dream:
You’re worried that your kids might not be careful and might put themselves into danger.
Rosie Grier, as a pastor, might represent the Holy Spirit reassuring you that you don't have to worry.

He started talking about the quality of the construction of the homes - Could this be the Holy Spirit talking about solid spiritual building of the families there?

He started walking through my house pointing out certain features that proved his point. - What were the other features He mentioned? Could they be symbolic of things you are doing to build your family’s spiritual foundation?

He was making an observation about the stairs which seemed to be made of one continuous piece of wood. He said that this feature (continuity) is what sold him and his wife on buying one of the homes.

Does this seem to fit your situation? Please, let me know if it rings true or not.

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top