Boxing gloves Vision

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boxing gloves Vision

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 pm

I am going through a tough time right now. I am needing to make some decisions in life and not feeling a clear leading to do anything right now.

Last night, I awoke suddenly from my sleep. I opened my eyes and saw a figure, tall and lanky, green and purple hair, long drawn face (he had a little bit of a resemblance to the Joker from Batman). He was holding up boxing gloves, like he was prepared to hit me. This was NOT a friendly figure. I stared for a few minutes thinking maybe I wasn't really seeing it, like how shadows and things sometimes can play tricks and if you really look for a minute, you will then see the outline of other objects and not what you initially thought you were seeing. I even blinked. The figure stayed for about 8-10 seconds, and then I could not see it anymore. Jut a white wall behind where it was - no shadows.

I need your guys' help. I was praying Psalm 84 (I think that's one that I was praying) yesterday. In the Psalm, the specific names of the enemies are given and I told the Lord that I didn't know specifically who or what was coming against me, just "the enemy". Do you think this was just a figment of my sleepy mind or do you think I actually saw something? I don't know what to think. I've never seen a demon. And would prefer not to!

It's OK if this was just my mind - but YIKES, that's what's coming out of my mind right now???? If it isn't, how do I pray against it? I know to ask for Jesus protection, etc., but I need more specific pointers.

In responding to this posting, would you please operate out of whatever your gift of the spirit is? I am usualy open to whatever anyone has to say and then I pray back through it all with God, but for this posting, if you feel you are "outside of your league", then please hold on to what you have to say. But if your gift is discerning of the spirits, discern away. If you are an intercessor or prayer warrior or teacher, then pray and teach away. I would especially take edification right now, too! THANK YOU ALL! You are a blessing!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boxing gloves Vision

Post by usemeLord on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:06 am

My passion is edifying the believer and unbelievers (in hopes of them seeing my light). I have never seen a demon but I have a dear friend that does. She thought the same thing at first that she was crazy but God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of peace, love and a sound mind. I tend to smell them and I pray right away and praise my Father until I don't smell it anymore (just last night it happened while I was in bed and awakened) .Just keep praying for your hedge of protection and praising God (Psalm 84 is lovely) as it is dwelling on something lovely (his courts) Praise God. He will not give you more than you can handle (his promise) and will equip you to deal with them. May God show you quickly and efficiently how in Jesus name.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:21 am

Thank you Usemelord. I must have also been reading/praying Psalm 83, b/c moving into praising God and being glad to be in his courts was at the end of my prayer time.
Completely curious: smell them? What do they smell like?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by M on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:19 am

A Hindering Spirit has been responsible for your indecision, and now the Lord of HOST'S let it manifest right in your bedroom. Yes you saw a demon. They can look like almost any thing. Cartoon-ish looking ones are not uncommon. You may see this one again, after the Lord has shown you some things that he wants to teach you, and by that time you will get angry (but it wont be you) the Holy Spirit will rise up in you and you will say " GET OUT OF HERE" or something to that effect.
hindering spirits can gain access to you for many reasons, not always for some terrible sin, no time to get into that now.
You need to do some things that will help. Here is a few:
This trouble you are going thru is likely causing stress or discouragement even self pity perhaps. So praying to God to relieve those symptoms will not help. God is not moved by our feelings. He is moved by our faith. Hebrews 11:16
Christ is touched by the feelings of our infermaties but he is moved by our faith. In every miracle of the New Testimate it was faith that released the power of God to minister to those in need.

You may be having a tough go of things, but praying to God to relieve your circumstances wont help much either. God is not moved by our circustances , but by his word. Jeremiah 1:12

We often believe God must come on the scene and help us because the circumstances are killing us. God is only obligated to His Covenant ( HIS WORD) and he is attracted to anyone who knows, Quotes, and believes the Words of his Covenant!
Here are some scriptures to start with;

say these outloud and watch your Spirit man take over.
Joshua 1:8, Psalm 35:27, 46:1, 55:22, Isaih 41:10, 3 John 2 , Proverbs 8 :21, Philippians 4:19

You have Authority as a Believer!
Eph. 6:12, Matt 18:18, Eph.1:3, John 8:32

Here is your edification. In the Siritual game of Chess the enemy takes little notice of Pawns, You got a visit from one of the enemies "BAD As...'s" Be encouraged man you are on the enemies list.
You will overcome by having Faith in the Word of God. And doing what it say's to do. :hitme:

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:55 am

mldarrell: Thank you for input. I really liked the way you stated the things that do and do not move God. You hit the nail on the head: I have been praying for God to relieve the symptoms and the situation. I literally feel powerless to change the situation. Everything my husband and I have done to change the situation has been met with a closed door, solid NO.
My question for you, though, is how do I discern whether this is a hindering spirit or whether the Lord is wanting us to WAIT ON HIM patiently to lead us?
Thank you for the scripture references. I haven't had my quiet time yet today (but the house just emptied, so I was going to get to that soon!) and am anxious to see what god will teach me thru them.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by M on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:16 am

Hi,

It is a hindering spirit because it is effecting your ability to make clear decisions.And it will cause more trouble than this. The Word says when you have done ALL then stand " and wait" But you have to take back your territory with the word and faith.

Get the book by Perry Stone " Dealing With Hindering Spirits" for some very good insight.

Blessings

M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm

THANK YOU! I just came out of the most AMAZING time with the Lord, based ont he scriptures you had given me. I THOUGHT I had faith. Now I have a clearer understanding of faith. I have always beleived in every miracle and every interaction in the bible. When God says he made the earth, the universe, out of "nothin", that's what he means. But I had been praying (Complaining???) that there was a major clash between what I saw in the New Testament Believers and what I am experiencing in my life. They had POWER. I have lacked power. In reading through the Ephesians 6 list of the armor of God, I had mentally checked that I had faith because I believe God is who He says He is. But Ephesians 6 says that FAITH is what is necessary to deflect and extinguish the fiery darts of the enemy.
I confess that I have struggles with claiming God's Promises for myself. I kept looking back over the last 3years that have been one trial after another saying (complaining, again?), Lord, I prayed for your protection, I BELIEVED in your protection, but (he still lost his job, he still got hurt, the baby still died, this person still suffered). So now that we are back in a tough spot, I have not been able to claim God's word for me b/c when I have claimed it in the past, I didn't come through my trial unscathed. I believe his Words and His Promises for EVERYONE ELSE (so I am offensive in my spiritual armor), but not for me. Hence, whenever the enemy has wanted to take me down, it's been easy for him to do it. Everytime I get into a place where I need God to be my fortress, I hear, "But the proof's in the pudding. If God's promises were true for you, Rnest, then your husband wouldn't have lost his job when you prayed for him not to. The baby would have lived, when you asked and whole-heartedly believed in God's healing, Grandma would not have suffered, even though you asked for peace and healing for her."
God broke my heart in dealing with this faith issue. I BELIEVE that He is who He says He is AND He will do what He says he will (aren't these 2 of the 5 beliefs that Beth Moore has done a book on?).
I will get the book you suggested. Thank you again.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:36 pm

I just did aan internet search on the book you suggested. I failed to mention that during my quiet time, the Lord also spoke to me about my fears, faith and disbelief. In looking up stuff online on the Hindering Spirit, I cam across an articel by Gillian McDonald defining a hindering spirit. His/her discription fit exactly with the chaos that is being brought in my life. My struggles with unbelief, that have developed over the last 3 yrs, daith and fear fit perfectly. Not excited to be dealing with this spirit - BUT I AM SO EXCITED GOD HAS SEEN my struggles and SENT HELP! I can now NAME what is coming against me. I HAVE POWER THRU JESUS!!!!!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 pm

RnestseekR,

the smell is usually a smoke smell (an addicting spirit) once before I smelled something really stenchy which someone told me was an unclean spirit of some sort. The first time I was sitting in my living room with only one little child at home. It smelled like someone was smoking right next to me. I searched the whole home and outside (we live in a field by ourselves). I was talking to my friend and told her about it and she told me what it was. Since then I've smelled it maybe 4 times in about 6 years. Not pleasant.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:22 pm

usemelord -

I experience these smells as well.

My first encounter with this was smelling something like a dead rat in my home a few years ago. I went so far as to have the vents cleaned, the fireplace and chimney cleaned, etc. But the smell stayed. It finally went away after someone left my home.

There is also a smoke smell as you just described - do you know if this spirit is a general addicting spirit or one specific to smoking?

I also smell one that is smoke but the smoke smells like sage that's used for house cleansings. I don't know how to interpret that one because I don't see sage referenced directly in the Bible (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and I get concerned that the use of sage for house cleansings might be new agey. (again, not sure so would appreciate feedback) I wonder if it is telling me that I'm in the presence of someone who needs spiritual cleansing?thinking Over the last couple of weeks, I've started smelling stale urine (sic) at work.

But then I also smell the anointing. A sweet smoky smell kind of like incense but not exactly. more like the incense stick and it smells old. I often smell it while on this website, while at church, etc.

I smell these smells regularly - the anointing almost daily (I smell it now). The other smells almost as frequently although the straight smoke smell that you described, not as frequently. Mia suggested that right now, it's simply the Lord letting me know when I'm in the presence of good and when I'm in the presence of evil. My prayer has been that the Lord would give me the wisdom and understanding related to these smells as well, i.e., why I'm being given this knowledge, what to do with the knowledge, and the bigger picture surrounding this knowledge....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Well what I can say is this: if you felt like you saw something "questionable" then it probably wasn't your mind playing tricks on you.

I don't know about you, but when I think of the joker, I think of him as evil as a nemesis of Batman (the good guy). Every hero has an enemy that they have to defeat in order to save the world. In this case, I wonder if the joker is 'satan". I mean if you think about it, Satan is a jokester. He manipulates you into thinking certain things and then sets up traps of temptation for you to fall into--only to make you feel "unworthy" afterwards.

If you are a woman of God (which I believe you to be), then you already know that Satan has his "dukes up" so to speak to fight against you. He doesn't want to make it easy for you to have "complete access" to God's promises and blessings so he will try all he can to prevent you and "block you" with those gloves of his! you have christ on the inside of you and there's nothing to be scared of! Even if he reminds you that he's there to pester you or that things don't look good--that doesn't mean that things ARE JUST THAT. NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS with God! So, what if Satan is pestering you--continue to speak the word and to stand firm. Be on your guard and know that God is going to give you double for your trouble! Greater is he that is in you than he that is out in the world. You have God on your side and the end is already written! (as in the famous words of Mia!!!)

WALK IT OUT!!! FIGHT IT OUT! YOU HAVE ALREADY WON! If you weren't doing anything for God and if God wasn't using you, then Satan wouldn't be bothering you--think about it!!! :clap:
be blessed
desiree

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks Desiree. You and I think a lot alike!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:07 pm

youre always welcome girlie!!

...I always like it when two people are on one accord! ..THough I don't know if thinking like me is always a good thing!!! lol! just joking

be blessed
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 am

lola21st
I believe it's just a general addicting spirit. No one smokes at our home. My husband does drink and I sometimes have a problem with sugar sweets. So I pray generally unless I hear otherwise. I've not heard of the sage cleansing. I just believe if you ask for cleansing for anyone it's God that does it. He might lead you to do something like that but I wouldn't know.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:16 pm

hindering spirits are normally exposed in times that breakthrough is about to hit your life.I also sense that this was a hindering spirit taking a form of a very fearful character.Before God could reveal David there was GIANT he had to face and indeed he faced it in the name of the Lord of host.In 1 samuel 30 the bible talks about David recovering what amalekites had taken from his ziklag base,this even later on turned out to be a turning point in Davids life.Do you know the next thing that happens!well,He is crowned A KING.
For an hindering spirit to attack you there must be something he wants to hinder.Your breakthrough.He wants to scare you a way from it.Take the whole armour of God that you may stand a gainst the wiles of the devil Ephesians 6 starting from verse 12.
also include psalms 20 in the scriptures darell has given.I see this is a war of the mind,the battle field is not your body as you would think.In fact you prayed before this vision took place and this was God showing you the strong man.

I am praying for you.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:26 am

Thank you. I am having some breakthrough already, but have a sneaking suspicion that more is to come but not without some pain and/or battle. Please continue to pray. Sincerely pray. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the prayer - all of you.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Seeker,
I love it when a child of God is blessed.Can you elaborate more of the Lord's goodness?We believe with you for more blessings.The devil is a liar!

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Let me briefly elaborate on one obvious (?) way of the Lord's goodness in allowing me to see this spirit. 1.) I had prayed earlier in the day the Psalm and told the Lord it felt that the enemy was coming against me, but I could not name specifically a name or how. Just that in general everything I did was being blocked and come against. So, God answered me by showing me what I am coming against. I didn't even ask him to do that. He just did it out of His goodness. 2.) If Jesus had not come to die on the cross FOR ME, living with that spirit not just here on earth, but for all eternity, would be my reality. Who wants to live with that vile thing? In God's goodness, He has rescued me from living with demons today, tomorrow and all eternity. 3.) If God has done just these two things - answered me with more than I have asked for and saved me - he will contine to be good and faithful to me. EVEN when I cannot FEEL it.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm

You have the legal right to come gainst the enemy and cancel his plans in jesus name.Next time remind him of this and the highest covenant(the blood of Jesus).The devil might boast of remnants of power but we believers have the Legal Right to rebuke him out.AMeN.

I feel it.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top