Lit up Carosel in a Dark Amusement Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lit up Carosel in a Dark Amusement Park

Post by Jodi on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:12 pm

In repsonse to my post about a complete turn-around for my husband and me, Vile wrote:
"I prayed about it and saw an old fashioned Carosel with lights and fancy horses in the middle of a dark amusement park. From all the horses, there was a simple carriage where I saw a couple sitting and enjoying the ride. I can hear the carnival music from the ride, but the rest of the dark place is silent. ... Not a clue what that means. Just telling you what I saw."

Background Info: My post was that someone had prophesied "You and your husband - a complete turn-around!" I had asked for readers to please pray for a word for Paul. Then Vile responded describing the vision she'd been given.

Thanks for praying for an understanding of this new word. I think I know what it means, but am seeking confirmation or refutation. - Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lit up Carosel in a Dark Amusement Park

Post by ThisIsSparta on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:48 pm

hello,

it sounds positive whatever it means.

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Just thoughts...

When I read this what came to mind is joy in the midst of darkness. The carousel to me represents fun but more like a calm contentment versus excitement like from a rollercoaster ride. Being in the carriage allowed you and your husband a chance to relax, bond, enjoy each other's company, and focus only on each other. Carousels bring a smile to most everyone who thinks about their childhood and the first time they rode on one. The other thing that stands out is that this ride is referred to as a carousel rather than as a merry go round - both are correct names for the ride but the latter reminds me more of going around and around the same path with no direction, no purpose. The carousel ride is more joyful. the other thing that comes to mind is that both of you are on for the ride, neither of you are in control, you're just enjoying the ride.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi, Lola.
Your thoughts are the confirmation I was seeking! Here's what I had thought: The amusement park should be an "amusing"/fun place lit up and full of happy people, but the only thing lit up is the carousel. I think the park is Paul's life in general and the carousel is our marriage. His life has been darkened by the increasingly poor health he has had over the past 25 years of our 27 year marriage. We were sitting together on the carousel - going through the dark times, but at least we were together. We were "...enjoying the ride...but the rest of the place is dark." I think it means Paul and I love each other and enjoy being married even in the midst of the darkness of ill health. This is encouraging to me because when Paul doesn't feel well, he doesn't tend to say he loves me. I know he does, but sometimes it can be wearying to go through the dark times and not hear sweet talk. This imagery says that being with me on the carousel (our marriage) is the bright spot in his life. That sounds like God is affirming to me that Paul loves me still! I love this one. I hope to someday say that the amusement park is lit up and the rest of his life is happy too. I'm praying for God to reveal to him how much He loves him and I'm praying for Paul's complete miraculous healing. I think that would light up the place! lol - Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Amen, God is able! thumbs

And yes, I thought the dark park was your husband's illness and this season in your lives as well!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top