Manifested: Feather and more Feathers Vision

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manifested: Feather and more Feathers Vision

Post by Jodi on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:27 pm

At cell group one night, we passed around sheets of paper with a number in the top corner. Each of us asked God to reveal something for the person associated with that number. I was not able to hear or see anything for any of the numbers. After everyone had written what they heard or seen from the Lord for each number (person) I gave each person the paper with their number on it. My number was 3. This is one of God's messages to me, given through these Christians:

"For you, God has showed me feathers. I saw one feather and then several feathers. I think what then came to mind was that God has "birds of a feather" for you. I knew it was for you when I wrote it."

I looked up possible meanings for feathers, but these don't seem to fit the context of the vision for me:
protection
shield
provision of ability to fly and soar
Ez. 17: 3-7
Ps. 91: 4
Dan. 4: 33

- Jodi

Last edited by Jodi on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manifested: Feather and more Feathers Vision

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:40 pm

have you heard of the saying "birds of a feather flock together"? It could be that God has people (maybe three Christian friends) for you to hang out with...they will be a lot like you in many ways.

just my thoughts,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks, Daphanie.
I've started having some Christian friends over for dinner every Tuesday. This started with only one friend and I getting together to hang out. But we were having fun so we invited a few others to join us. So we're "flocking together," which could explain the "birds of a feather." I was thinking that the "birds of a feather" might also mean this web site where people who are given dreams and visions and interpretations are also "flocking together."
- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Daphanie,
There are actually three women who come on Tuesdays now. I've invited more but it doens't fit with their schedules to meet every Tuesday. It didn't occur to me to consider the number on the paper!
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Birds of a feather is EXACTLY what I thought of when I read what the person wrote on your paper! It may not seem like much to you that God is talking about your small gathering on Tuesday nights, but remember how much Jesus was in to relationships, especially small intimate groups - like, oh, say, 12 disciples! Very cool!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi, Rnestseeker.
These women are all Christians. We comfort, guide, challenge to deeper discipleship, and pray with/ for each other. It did seem strange that God would mention it, but maybe this group is even more important than I already thought! I agree with you - very cool!
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top