Fifty-foot long feather dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fifty-foot long feather dream

Post by Quantum on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 pm

About a half a year ago, my boss's wife had a dream about me. (They are both saved and prophetic.) Well, i ran into them today at lunch and was reminded of the dream she had about me. In the dream, I was holding a very large gray feather, except that it was nearly fifty feet long and i was my regular size. She was frightened and startled in the dream that i was carrying this large feather. She saw either imps or demons on top of the feather, hence the fear that she had to go along with the size. But then something happened, either the creatures disappeared or she forgot they were there. She then began to examine the feather, one side at a time. On one side she ruffled the feathers and she saw an owl, then she made it to the other side and did the same thing but saw an eagle. Her emotions in the dream were this, that it was a very large feather and she could not believe that i was carrying it all by my self and i believe she was afraid of the demons or monsters on top. They may have been jumping up and down? However, she really relayed my excitement about holding/having the feather.

Any thoughts?

Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fifty-foot long feather dream

Post by Jodi on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi, Quantum.
Here are some questions to ask and things to notice:
The dream was given about 1 ½ years ago, so what did you begin, or how have things changed for you, since about 1 ½ years ago?
* Did your prophetic dreaming/ visions gift about begin then?
* Or, did it begin to deepen or develop into more meaningful dreams?
* Maybe before it was mostly dreams for yourself, but lately your dreams
have begun to be for others or even for the Body of Christ to hear?
* Or, maybe you’ve been going through an eclipse from receiving dreams
or visions?
The feather seems much too large for you to carry by yourself, yet you are carrying it and are excited to be carrying it.
* Maybe the reason you can carry this feather is because God is enabling
you to carry it.
* In Scripture, there’s a report of one of the disciples hauling in a net so
full of fish that the net should have broken. This amount of fish would
have been too heavy for one fisherman to pull in alone yet the disciple
did pull the net in alone. (Double check about this Scripture reference
because I can’t quote chapter and verse and you should verify that I’m
relating the story correctly.)
“There were either imps (or demons) on top of the feather....They might have been jumping up and down.”
* Ask your boss’s wife if it seemed like the demons (or imps?) were trying
to destroy the feather by jumping on it.
* When she took her focus off of the demons and put her focus on the
feather, she wasn’t afraid anymore and felt free to examine the feather.
Fear is not from God. The demons were trying to scare her away from the
feather you are holding. Focusing on God (or maybe a gift from God)
chases away fear, even if the demons were still up there trying to scare
her.
“On one side she ruffled the feathers and she saw an owl. Then she made it to the other side and did the same thing but saw an eagle.”
* Here it says “feathers” instead of “feather.” Ask your boss’s wife if there
were more than one feather at this point in the dream.
* According to some dream dictionaries, “feathers” can mean “covering, or
protection.” But in this dream you’re not covered with feathers or using it
to protect yourself. So I don’t think that’s what “feather” means here.
* Owls tend to represent wisdom. “The beginning of wisdom is the fear of
the Lord.” Maybe this means wisdom given to you as a gift from God.
* An eagle can represent prophetic gifting.
* I think that the feather(s) in your boss’s wife’s dream might mean that
God is gifting you with prophetic dreams and visions (and maybe other
forms of communication?) as well as with wisdom from Him about how to
handle such a large responsibility.
If this confirms something for you, please respond so I can know if I was hearing this from God or if I was just thinking my own thoughts. If this does not confirm your own thoughts and feelings about the dream, please don’t just take my word for it and please do pray for confirmation. I’d like to hear from you even if I did not hear from God. It helps me learn to recognize when I’m hearing God’s thoughts and when I’m not. Thanks in advance.
I received a very similar prophetic word from a friend. I’m not sure what it means. If you have time, I’d appreciate your reading my post titled “Feather(s) and Birds of a Feather,” praying about it, and telling me what you sense it might mean. I have an idea, but I’m not sure it’s the right idea, so I need confirmation.
- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Jodi,

Thank you so much for the response, it definitely has me thinking. Sorry for the type-o error, i meant feather instead of feathers.

To encourage you, i know you heard from God, you heard so well that you taught what you saw in your response, which is excellent. Honestly, i really enjoyed reading your response. In fact, i had to read it twice because God gave you so much. When i see something whether a vision, dream and especially a prophetic word(s), i explain and break them down because God can give an abundance. So thank you for writing that all out.

Yes. A lot what you are saying is accurate especially about my prophetic gift. It has increased tremendously since the dream happened. I have a lot of dreams that are prophetic but personal. Not exaggerating but last August, i dreamt over 30 dreams, one or two a day. I would have dreams even when i took a nap! I wrote them all down.

So on occasion, i will have an amazing prophetic dream. I had three in a row and God gave me interpretation on all three. I had three in two night and one nap. Hence that why i did not post them, maybe sometime i will. So one in a while i will have a prophetic dream concerning someone else, or ministry or end times. I have been dreaming all my life but i just recently started writing my dreams down, in which i regret not doing sooner!

A lot of which you wrote lines up to what i felt about the eagle and owl. I will ask her again about the creatures on top.

Yes. I have heard of that story. It was Peter and he supernaturally carried a 153 fish in a net that did not tear. John 21:11.

Thanks again for the response. If you have the chance, another friend had a dream about me two weeks ago, and i think i ran into this lady to remind me of the dream because i believe it somehow connects to this recent dream he had about me. If you like to read it, its called Triangular Prophetic Dream.

I will look into your dream as well. Give me some time to pray about it.

Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 am

Quantum,
God is cool! I'm glad the things I said were not misleading. Just now I re-read this post and noticed another thing. The demons on the feather trying to scare off others might mean you should intercede or ask for intercession. When God gives you a word to share with others, especially a word that is for the Body of Christ, there might be demons who will do their best to scare or distract the people who need to recieve this word from God. So before you deliver the message to someone, pray for them to not be distracted or scared off by any demonic activity. This might help them receive the word God has given you to give them. It seems like God is teaching you how to let His messages have the best impact possible. Cool!
- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Jodi,

Thank you for the addition things you felt or seen.

Also, i have tried located your dream you wanted me to read and i cannot find it at all. It you could repost it or give me a precise location, i would be happy to read the dream.

Quantum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks Quantum,
Here's the vision:

At cell group one night, we passed around sheets of paper with a number in the top corner. Each of us asked God to reveal something for the person associated with that number. I was not able to hear or see anything for any of the numbers. After everyone had written what they heard or seen from the Lord for each number (person) I gave each person the paper with their number on it. My number was 3. This is one of God's messages to me, given through these Christians:

For you, God has showed me feathers. I think what then came to mind was that God has "birds of a feather" for you. I saw one feather and then several feathers. I knew it was for you when I wrote it.
feathers:
protection
shield
provision of ability to fly and soar
Ez. 17: 3-7
Ps. 91: 4
Dan. 4: 33

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:06 am

the feather is something you have that you are really excited about. its a really big deal to you. (maybe could have happened around the time the dream occured) The lady that had the dream was VERY concerned about it at first...."how could this be from God?" she probably thought, as well as "how is Quantum doing this alone...this is a big deal."

However, the more she examined it, the more she saw the wisdom in what you were doing. However...I would definately pray about the situation..the demons in the dream shouldnt be ignored..part of whatever the feather represents should probably be reconsidered, however wise (owl) or noble (eagle) it may be. It could be a warning dream.
blessings,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 am

does your boss's wife know about your prophetic gift? most Christians react that way when i tell them about having dreams/visions..the first thing they think, is witchcraft. But the more im around them, the more they see that its really from God. That may be what this dream is about.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top