Lottery for Christians

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lottery for Christians

Post by reepromotions on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 am

Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,

I would like to find out if playing lottery is against God. I believe in God and that he provides for me. I'm so in debts and sometimes I just feel like praying and asking God to help me win the lottery.
By praying to God and ask him to help me win the lottery I think I'm meeting God halfway because I think if I pray that God must help me with my finances and I'm not doing anything about it on my side to ease the situation, it is not helping. But on the other hand I hear a voice telling me "pray to Him and completely trust in Him to take care of my needs. He is the Provider"
Flower Power
Please enlighten me, I need guidance in this regard.

Thanks,
Rejoice Melane

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Confirmation: Lottery for christians

Post by reepromotions on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:05 am

My brothers and sisters I have just received confirmation/answer from God while I was browsing the internet. Good is good all the time :clap:

Here it goes...................

I believe there is guidance on this subject in the Bible, where God instructs us how to live by trusting the Lord to provide for our needs and then commissioning us to work with our hands to make His provision a reality. The Bible says,

[size=21]Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we should be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness...... Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life (1 Timothy 6).

[/size]

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lottery for Christians

Post by Cholette on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 am

Glad you received your confirmation because God doesn't need the lottery to bless you. Years ago I had a desire to take my dad and brother out to dinner for father's day. I didn't have the extra money because I as in school and all my money was going there. I prayed and asked God to provide for me.

One day I was walking up to my door after a long day at school and there was a $50 bill laying on the sidewalk next to my door. All I could do was cry because I knew that God put that money there ONE DAY after I prayed the prayer. When we went to dinner, the bill came to $48...yep...that sounds like God to me.

Your trust should be in God and not the lottery. Leave it up to Him on how he wants to bless you because He will. I have more stories of His goodness...He is the ultimate provider. thumbs

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reepromotions on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Morning Cholette,

Thank you so much for inspiring me; I'm seeing the light now. I will totally place my trust in Him to provide for me. I'll rather use the money to tithe at church.

Thank you so much, God's blessings be with you. praying

Lots of love,
Rejoice

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top