real life estranged friend & I becoming room mates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

real life estranged friend & I becoming room mates

Post by lily on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:40 am

This is my first post and I'm glad to have found this site. I have always dreamed heavily and I really feel I need to get on-the-ball and honour them by digging for their meaning. Here's one from yesterday:

Although I'm married with kids, I was living back at home (an unfamiliar one) with my mother. I was told an estranged friend (in real life) would be my room mate for 2 weeks. I was glad because this is a woman who was a former close friend (that I unintentionally hurt badly in real life, and although she forgave me by e-mail, and we go to the same church, we avoid each other out of awkwardness and don't make eye-contact). In the dream I thought it was going to be the perfect opportunity for us to finally work things out and that we'd be forced to interact and dismantle the walls between us. I knew in the dream that she was willing to come stay with me.

My bedroom had 2 separate beds, but my room was a mess (not unusual!). I didn't care though. It wasn't dirty, just untidy.
---------------------------
Here are my thoughts:

- The night before I had a dream that showed that this girl wants us to be reconciled in some fashion, but in real life she has missed the last 2 Sundays at church. In the other dream, my husband felt that this was a good sign because it meant that the enemy was attacking her for it and that's why she hasn't been in church. So yesterday I was praying that the enemy's weapons formed against her would fail and come to ruin, and that God would speak truth to her. I've actually been praying for reconciliation for over a year.

- the dream gave me a feeling of hope for final resolution, like we'd be put in a position to work things out once and for all (it's been over a year of estrangement!). It felt like reconciliation was eminent.

- my room was untidy, but I was going to let it all hang out and be real (???) maybe God will require me to get real with her, not hide my mess? (we'd have MUCH to sift through in the mess that happened over a year ago)

- my bedroom - handled privately?

- mother's house - safety? being looked after?

Thanks for any insight offered!!! :smile:

lily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: real life estranged friend & I becoming room mates

Post by lola21st on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 am

Lily -

Welcome to the site! I love your avatar by the way... flower

I think you have it! When I read that you living back at your mother's home, I thought that you were dealing with an issue from your past. The next couple of sentences confirmed that. The fact that you saw your bedroom indicated that it was a private, intimate matter (not sexual, just emotional intimacy, you were close). And your room being in disarray symbolized the state of your friendship - messy, something that needs to be cleaned up. That she was going to be staying with you for two weeks tells me that this reconciliation will take time, it will happen but it won't be instant because the two of you will need to work through a lot of issues (and you stated this as well).

But it will be fine. The Lord is showing you that it's time. Just handle it prayerfully, with humility, and let the Holy Spirit guide both of you so that He can heal you both and transform your relationship.

I hope you don't mind, I feel led to pray for you:

Father, we lift Lily and her friend up to you for restoration of their relationship. You tell us Father of how good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity. It is unfortunate that their friendship was damaged but we thank You that You work all things together for good for those that love You and are called according to Your purpose. We know that there is no relationship that You cannot heal when the two submit to Your authority and we thank you for that. We pray Father that you would gird Lily and her friend up so that they are equipped for the discussions ahead. Give them humble and teachable hearts that are open to receiving. Remind them to look at the planks in their own eyes and pay no attention to the speck in the otherís eye. Thank You Father that if we confess our sins to each other and pray for each other that we will be healed.

We know Father that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. So by the authority granted to us by Jesus Christ, we come against the spirits of unforgiveness, distrust, bitterness, fear, and anger. We cancel all current and future assignments and send them to the lake of fire to burn and die in the name of Jesus! We thank you Lord that you replace them with mercy and grace, trust, and forgiveness as Jesus did, paying the price.

We pray Father that Lily and her friend let the peace of Christ rule in their hearts, since as members of one body they are called to peace. That they will be devoted to one another in brotherly love. That they will be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ You Father forgave us. We give You all the glory, honor and praise for what Youíve already done. In Jesusí name, Amen.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lily on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Lola,

I am almost without words and quite teary eyed! You have given me much clarity, and everything you say is dead on.

I am so grateful for your prayer, and grateful to God that He led you to pray precisely into this situation, as if you knew the history of it. But of course He knows doesn't He. :smile:

I'm going to print this out and slip it into my journal, where I can read it and be reminded of God's grace and guidance. I'll say a yes an amen to your prayer as I reflect on it in the coming days and weeks and until the prayers are answered.

Bless you for taking the time to reach out to a stranger! This will also help me to continue to learn to understand the symbolism in dreams. God is good! :HiBye:

lily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:47 pm

To God be the glory!

Let us know when the prayer is answered! huggins

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lily on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:52 pm