Stuck in a Room with an Alsatian Dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in a Room with an Alsatian Dog

Post by Paul RT on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:37 am

I was holidaying with my wife Anna, and was staying at a run down motel called the City of Lilacs, which had a sign in cursive writing in light purple (mauve). I think it was in Victoria.

I was looking around the buildings, thinking that they looked very familiar. When I walked into a back room I realised that it was one where a dog had been sleeping. I turned around to exit the room and was faced with an Alsatian dog, and felt afraid. The dog bared its teeth at me, and I picked up a rope to defend myself with it. I then realised that it wasn’t a very helpful weapon, so I tried to use it as a skipping rope to befriend or distract the dog.

My wife then arrived and helped me escape the room.

I then went to look around the buildings a second time, and the same things happened again.

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stuck in a Room with an Alsatian Dog

Post by butterfly on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:47 pm

I read that an Alstation is a "Breed of working dog developed in Germany from traditional herding and farm dogs. A strongly built, long-bodied dog, it stands 23–25 in. (58–64 cm) high and weighs 75–95 lbs (34–43 kg). Its coat is of coarse, medium-long outer hair and shorter, dense inner hair and ranges from white or pale gray to black; often it is gray and black or black and tan. Noted for intelligence, alertness, and loyalty, it is used as a guide for the blind, as a watchdog, and in police and military work."

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Alsation
I have to think more about the dog thinking

Going back around the same thing again perhaps may mean you need to deal with and confront a particular situation or person properly or you will keep on ending up in the same position again. Perhaps it is a situation from sometime back (in the dream the hotel looked familiar as if you had been there before) that wasn't dealt with properly and it is still like a roadblack preventing you from feeling comfortable and secure.

I will be thinking more about this dream thinking

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks for your interest Butterfly

I'm having to confront a difficult work situation with an aggressive and controlling boss at present. In the past I've simply quit and found another job.

My wife keeps telling me that I have to deal with things instead of running away from them, otherwise I'll never learn from them

Could be the meaning

Regards

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:29 am

I figured it was someone in authority because alstatians are leadership type of dogs. I believe that your dream is pschological where your thoughts, concerns and state of mind are coming up in your dream. No doubt the controlling boss you have now reminds you of the controlling boss in your past. I also believe that if God wants us to go through a particular situation and we instead avoid going through it he will allows us to face the exact same situation again. God wants us to be able to trust and depend on him in difficult situations not run away from difficult situations. When we don't run away from challenging situations that can make us become stronger and help us to become more closer to God and enable us to learn those lessons God wishes to teach us which can only be taught through difficult times. Remember God is in control, he does not want us to fear man or anything. Just continue to work hard and anytime you start to feel down pray and ask God to give you the strength and wisdom to deal with this situation properly. God sees you in the office and he knows and understand how you feel.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Thanks Butterfly

That's also what my wife has been telling me for some years

In His Strong Name

Paul

Paul RT