MY PAST AND THE FUTURE..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MY PAST AND THE FUTURE..

Post by dreamer7 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 pm

hey God's people..i need some insight into this;i keep dreaming about the house where i grew up but the funny thing is that i see myself in that house with people who are currently in my life and they do not know that part of me because by the time i got to know them we had already moved from that house.its not like am ashamed of where i lived in the past so its a bit puzzling to see all these people in that house yet they never visited me there neither do they know about it.. thinking

the other thing is that i am currently visiting with my sister in europe but i come from Africa.i have dreamt three times now where i see myself back at home telling people that i've been abroad and am home shortly then return to europe.no such plans have been made by me or my sister so am wondering if it could have any meaning or am just anxious about something.. duh

i would appreciate your godly insight into these two things.. :thankyou:

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MY PAST AND THE FUTURE..

Post by Jodi on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Dreamer,

How do the people you know now act in the dream? Are they comfortable interacting with you in your home environment? Or, are they stilted and formal? In the dream, how do you feel with these people in your home environment? Were you enjoting their company or wishing they would leave?

Maybe you regret having to leave your sister and are wishing for another visit soon. Or, maybe it is a foretelling that you will get to see her again.
Did it feel like a promise or like wishful thinking?
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 am

hi Jodi.thanks for your response.
in the dream,the people i know seem to be ok and very free in the house since i saw them entering any room and just going about as if they were very comfortable.its just that IRL i kept wondering how can these people be at my former house yet they did not know me then?i was ok seeing them in the house i had no anxiety at all...
about leaving europe and going back to Africa-maybe am a little aprrehensive about how i will settle in again but i have left it to God since i know it is necessary for me to go back home..in the dream it felt like i really was coming back.i kept saying am just here for a little while then i return..

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:36 am

I think it confirms what is in your spirit that there are issues back home you need to involve.It may be partly literal.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:58 am

dreamer7 -

I think the first dream shows that there are unresolved issues from your past that can impact your current relationships. Since in the dream the people in your life currently don't know that side of you, it may be that they've not been exposed to that side of you in real life.

I'm not sure about the other dream, are you going to be leaving Turkey soon to return to Africa? If so, it may be related to that....

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Dreamer,
Since people could not really be at your former house because they didn't know you then, it means that this part of the dream is probably symbolic. Think about what the former house represents to you (childhood, family, culture of Africa, issues or blessings in your life at that time).

I have an idea of what I think it might symbolize, but I have read the post just added by lola. She might have actually heard from God. If so, disregard my thoughts. If she is also offering her thoughts, then consider this possibility too and pray over both possibilities:
To me it seems like this symbolizes that those people are comfortable with who you really are because they were comfortable with being in your home - like a good friend would be.

You said you might be "a little aprrehensive" about settling in again in Africa, but you're trusting God to help you since it is "necessary" for you to go back home. It's good that your are placing your trust in God for this. You know you can go anywhere as long as you have Him with you. When you transition from Europe to your childhood home in Africa, you will adjust to doing things the way they are done in Africa.

I am thinking about what might be causing your slight apprehension for going home. Do you think that your friends and family will accept any ways in which you might have changed due to your experiences? Or, do you think they will want you to be totally the same? Or, maybe resent that you went abroad and they have not gone? What is it that makes you a little nervous about going home? Also, what is the reason it is "necessary" for you to go to Africa? (Only tell me if you feel like sharing this information. If you don't that's OK too.)

Mia says to pay attention to our feelings in our dreams, so it is important that you felt like you "really were coming back" to where your sister is. Also, it is significant that you repeatedly said, "I am just here for a little while, then I will return." I think that when something happens repeatedly in a dream from God that it means that God is calling your attention to it. This seems to mean that you will go back to Africa for a just a little while and then return to Turkey, but again please pray to be sure.

God bless you with safety in your travels, and with good relationships in both places. May He bless you also for remembering to trust in Him. In Jesus' holy name, amen.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:18 am

thanks Jodi,Lurdys and Peter. :thankyou:
maybe you are right i may have issues in my past that i need to deal with though am not sure what that is-maybe God will bring to light what i need to do.
in the dream i did not have a problem with the friends being in my former home,the only reason i was wondering is coz the dream has been reccuring so i wondered if there could be something about my past and why my current friends seem to be in my past yet they do not know that part of me.something else that struck me is that a certain guy i have been dreaming alot about was there in the former house and he seemed to be annoyed at me for some miscommunication-something like he called me on the phone and i didnt answer.i was trying to explain but he seemed rather angry and just brushed me off.in fact later in the dream i see myself standing by a road side and he comes driving down the road and when i try to stop him so we can talk he just drives by.the thing with this guy is that i've had reccuring dreams about being very close with him-like he's holding on to me very tightly,at some point he kissed me and i woke up very shocked.in one of the other dreams a certain pastor asks us why we are not together coz we should be and the guy answers that we are getting married in march(i dont know of which year).i go to church with the said man and he is a leader in one of the teams that am involved in and i have not had any romantic interest in him(at least not consciously).if anything i have (had) been praying very seriously about another man who i believed God was leading me to but now am not very sure.. duh
about going back home;am just apprehensive coz of the current political climate and also due to the fact that in the short time i've been here it seems life can be so much better.i have to go back home coz i need to clear my studies before i think of relocating anywhere else.maybe the dreams were just caused by the anxiety of wondering how things will be once i return home but the fact that they have come more than twice could also be a sign of something.i pray that God will reveal what it is soon enough.in the dream it felt like for real i was gonna come back to where i am currently but again it could have been wishful thinking since this is my first time out of my country and out of Africa.so pray for me as i travel back next thursday 23rd April to arrive home on the morning of Friday 24th april.pray that i will settle in well and be able to concentrate and do well especially in my studies and a some event planning business that i run.
i thank God for all of you and for this forum. praiseGod

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:15 am

@Jodi-i just realised i forgot to tell you why its necessary for me to go back to Africa.i've not been in Turkey long,just about four months and i had deferred my final semester in school to be here for my sister who had twins late last year and had trouble getting help and so i offered to be here.it is therefore important that i go back and finish up with school even as i await to see where God will lead me next.
now that you mentioned,there could be some issues with people who might look at me different now that i've been abroad and have had different experiences than them and maybe also because of being here a while i may have changed a bit-not in a bad way i hope.my coming here was also a chance to get away and think about a few things in my life and the changes i need to make in order to have a better relationship with God and with those close to my heart.it was a well needed retreat and now i feel like am ready to face the work ahead of me.some things are a bit more clear now and others i still have to wait on God.i think the best thing that happened to me is finding this forum coz for the longest time i used to think am weird coz of dreaming things and they come to pass.now i know God had a purpose for each one of us and He has gifted us in different ways.
thnak you once again for taking time to pray and respond to my post.God bless you,be it ever so much..

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 am

Thank you for your blessing, Dreamer. Twins - beautiful! Are they nieces or nephews or one of each? I prayed for your travels and concentration. I agree - this forum is a blessing!

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top