Rooms in buildings & Houses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rooms in buildings & Houses

Post by tamiek on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 pm

I am new here.

Two nights I dreamt that I was inside of a house in the kitchen. Exploring, I went upstairs into a bedroom and inside the bedroom was a door. In my dream as I was opening the door I thought it would lead to a closet, but it was actually a bathroom which I went into. Then, after that, I went back downstairs into the kitchen again.

Since childhood I have often dreampt of buildings with rooms in them.

My earliest repeated dream was of me inside of a closet or very small room that was inside of a skyscraper with lots and lots of rooms. The door was shut to the closet and it was dark in there. I was crouched down on the floor.
Last year I had several dreams of buildings with rooms.
One was a motel where I was a speaker at a conference. After giving a speech I went off into different guest rooms, exploring each one. There were celebrity names on the door plates.

In another dream I was in a very large mall with my sister and we were looking in windows stores, but didn't go into any of the stores.

In another dream I was at a large vacation house on the beach wandering about the living room and den areas. The layout of it was very open.

In another dream I was in a large house getting ready to take a friends grand-daughter to school. In the dream I went into her bedroom to wake her. I was also in the living room and the den.

tamiek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rooms in buildings & Houses

Post by misspriss on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:04 pm

My computer is acting crazy, so this will be a little short and not so detailed.

Some of what you said reminded me of my own dreams I had for years...

I was backslidden for many years until just a few years ago. Now I am not saying you are in that state of mind or spiritual condition. :stop: LOL. I just had a thought or two...

I can't even count the dreams that I had where I was just wandering around in different houses, buildings, apartments, etc.

I was always looking around in them...usually alone....sometimes the places were dark or worn looking. So I kept moving to the next one and looking and never choosing...

misspriss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misspriss on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Sometimes I think some of those rooms I was in had to do with me...memories locked away, unfinished business, spiritual condition, etc. Things that I didn't have closure on and I needed deliverance from.

I was always searching for something...

The dream where you were a speaker at a conference....interesting!

Have you been called for a certain type of ministry?

misspriss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tamiek on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:33 pm

I'm not sure about being "Called" for anything yet but I do have a great understanding and comprehension of scripture... and I majored in broadcasting. I also have a degree in English.

I posted my more recent dream elsewhere (the one that had me going from a kitchen to an upstairs bedroom)... and the person replied that he got the impression that I was lacking spiritual direction because of the messages I was receiving, probably through the church. (The kitchen represents this consuming of God's word?)

That would concern me. I recently switched denominations because I didn't feel that the church I attended believed in spiritual gifts as I do and have experienced.

So I have gone to a new church since last June but don't feel a part of it yet. I am the shy and quiet type... which doesn't really fit the communication and writing gifts the Lord gave me.

tamiek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:09 am

Tamiek,
I offer this as an encouragement about being a shy and quiet person. I used to be cripplingly shy as a child, but am more confident now. I'm still not extremely outgoing. I prefer others to initiate conversations rather than to approach the other person first. I have noticed for me that it is easier to communicate in writing than in person if you're shy. And communicating to a group is easier when you do have confidence in what you are communicating. I'm a teacher and knowing what I'm teaching and how I plan to teach it gives me confidence. You know Scriptures well and trust in the content of Scriptures, so speaking about them actually puits the focus on the Scriptures more so than on you as the speaker - which can reduce the discomfort/ fear of speaking publicly. And you can write about what you've learned from Scriptures. Maybe you'll even submit a manuscript for publication. About not fitting in with the new church - have you attended any church activities which involve smaller groups? It's easier to get to know others when there are enough other people around to keep the conversation going and you only need to put in an occasional word. But it's good for it to be a smaller group because each person does wind up sharing more freely in that context than in the whole congregation setting. So you start to actually know people and they start to know you. Hope this helps. - Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top