Dream about a sister I've never met

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream about a sister I've never met

Post by RN on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:46 pm

I've had two dreams about a sister who passed in infancy whom I've never met. She was older than I, by about a year and a half. Her name was Lauren. In the first dream, Lauren was a grown woman. She was beautiful with dark hair, and with a strong resemblance to my oldest sister, but much prettier. In this dream, Lauren was speaking of my oldest sister, who has suffered from addiction most her life, and who has really been a handful for my parents. Lois is now 50 years old. Anyway, Lauren said to me simply, "Mom knew Lois was a handful from the time she was 2 months old."
I asked my Mom about this dream. My Mom gave it some thought and said that she didn't know then that my sister would be such a handful. So we just dismissed it.

In my second dream, I found my Mom with a remote control. She was playing a tape over and over. She had tears in her eyes. The tape was of Lauren taking her last breaths. (Lauren died of illness at the age of 6 months). As I listened, I could hear a baby breathing. It was such a sweet sound. But gradually, the pauses inbetween breaths became longer and longer until there was one more breath, and an exhale and then nothing, just silence. In my dream, my Mom said that every once in a while the urge would come upon her to listen to Lauren and reminisce. She said, "Don't mind me." My Mom then said, "Well you know, 30 days before the Lord comes back there will be..." I couldn't hear the last part as there was noise in the background. So I said, "What did you say?" And my Mom said again, "Thirty days before the Lord comes back there will be..." But I still couldn't hear the last part. I said, "Mom, I didnt' hear you. Say that again." And once more, she said the same thing, but again I didn't hear it all.
Then I woke up.

What's puzzling me is that I've never dreamt of my dead sister before, and now it's 2 dreams in as many months. I've no idea if there is any meaning to these dreams, or if it's just jumbled thoughts at the end of the day.

If you can interpret for me, I'd sure appreciate it. And if it's nothing, then that's fine too.
Thanks,
RN

RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream about a sister I've never met

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:24 pm

I feel like the first dream was to comfort you. It may not be literal..just the Lord sending you comfort in knowing that your mom knows what she's dealing with. (not neccesarily meaning she knew your sis would be trouble since she was 2 months old or whatever)

also in the last dream, it seems like you were seeing something your mother may deal with every now and then. You know when someone close to you dies, you never really get over it. I had a best friend of mine pass when she was 18. ironicly her name was Lauren. I think about her life alot and also how she passed and what I could have done different had I known it was going to happen.

God reminded me the other day..that there will be a day with no more tears, no more sorrows and no more fears. This could be what your mother was trying to tell you in your dream. She knows she will see her daughter again and that there will be no more pain. One day, when Jesus returns. Blessings and I hope this helps. It definately ministered to me and i didnt even dream it lol.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RN on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 am

Thanks, Daph. I really appreciate your interpretation. I was feeling like my Mom was needing more of my time lately, as I'm the only daughter close to where she lives. Two of my other sisters live out of state, and the other lives 5 hours away. There's nothing worse than your Mom feeling sad, or crying. I'd rather have a root canal than see my Mom cry. So, I think this is a great opportunity for me to spend more time with my Mom.
Thanks, again!
RN

RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top