Handmade plates and old plates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Handmade plates and old plates

Post by misspriss on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:12 pm

I had this dream last year-

I was selling beautiful handmade plates that I had designed and made myself. They were all "one of a kind" and brand new. Each plate was green- light shades of green, like "milky" shades of green. Some were round, some were rectangle, some had scalloped edges, etc. You could eat off them or display pretty soaps on them in your bathroom for example. They were each special and unique and artistic.

I had a solid wooden display unit that I was selling from. It had 4 sides and the plates were displayed on every side. Some plates were hung on the four sides of the display unit, others I propped up on the ground around the unit attractively. The unit wasn't much bigger than a "kiosk" that you would see at a mall. I stood around it ready to sell my plates. There was no interior to the display unit.

It was outside in an open, public place where lots of people were walking past it.

Next thing I know I am standing and looking at a 6 foot folding table (indoors) that has "vintage" mass produced plates all stacked up ready to sell. They all had different patterns. What they all had in common was they were all old and faded looking. I notice my Pastor's wife (in real life) was the lady who was selling those plates. I told her "I'll take those 3 plates". I chose the white plates she had. They were old, but I noticed they were very attractive with a pretty lacey edge.

Then I am back again at my "kiosk" incorporating the three plates into my "set-up".

Anyone? :goofy:

Thank you!

PS- I am almost positive this has to do with ministry or church, etc.

misspriss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Handmade plates and old plates

Post by lola21st on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:14 am

This isn't an interpretation just thoughts...

I also think this has to do with ministry...service. The plates from your pastor's wife that were mass produced to me represent the "same old way" of doing things. You took the best of that set to incorporate with your new plates. Your plates are vibrant, individually designed, each one is unique just as the way each child of God is created. I think this ministry is one that may involve taking an existing ministry and revamping it, taking the best pieces of it and creating a new program.

I think that each plate represents service to an individual, I'm just not sure about how they're being served, maybe counseling or outreach? Something that will bring out the unique beauty of each individual that you encounter.

Are you artistic in real life?

Please pray on what's been said and toss what doesn't fit.

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misspriss on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:34 am

lola thank you so much. thumbs I'm going to respond to your post soon! I am hoping that one more person to reply to the OP.

misspriss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top