Picking up Coins from a Bicycle Path

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Picking up Coins from a Bicycle Path

Post by Paul RT on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 am

Dream 13 Mar 2009

In the first part of the dream I was traveling up and down in elevators of a large building with two other people. We ended up near the foot of escalators at a railway station (North Sydney). I saw a woman try to jump across from one moving escalator to another who sustained a head injury. While it wasn’t serious, she was bleeding heavily. Someone else grabbed her and applied a bandage to stop the bleeding.
I was then riding a bicycle and stopped on the intersection of a road near my home along the bicycle path.
In real life this intersection is where the daughter of our neighbours (the C*****s) had been running across the road against the traffic lights and sustained a fatal injury to the head.
In the dream I stooped down and found some one and two dollar coins imbedded in the asphalt of the bike path. Two other men came along and I was competing with them to pick up the coins.
I then walked my bicycle back to in front of the old home where I grew up in Muswellbrook, and started fossicking for coins in the grass by the side of the road. There were quite a few coins of different denominations there.
I continued on rummaging through some bags and junk that had been stored over some years previously.
Two women arrived in a car that were there to visit my mother, and they came over to talk with me. They were friendly and engaged me in friendly banter.
As I awoke from the dream I could hear the sound of Jane Saunders singing “How Deep the father’s Love for Us”:
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Last edited by Paul RT on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing identifying information and irrelevant to overseas readers)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top