IRL Emergency prayer request: salvation (and healing) for spouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IRL Emergency prayer request: salvation (and healing) for spouse

Post by Jodi on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 am

This is happening in real life. It's not a dream, but I need your prayers please.
Please pray for my husband to open up to the Lord's love. He believes there's a God but that He's far away and doen't really care about us. My husband is seriously ill and was near death this past Thursday and Friday. He had a staff infection in the blood, double pneumonia with a high fever, unstable blood sugars, unstable blood pressures, and low oxygen. Now his temperature is normal, his oxygen level is good, but his blood sugars are not stable and I don't think the infection is gone. This is in addition to his already weakened condition due to diabetes and kidney failure. He had a transplant but it failed and he is not a candidate for a new kidney. He still has to take the anti-rejection medicine which takes away his immune system so that it doesn't fight the foreign kidney. So he's trying to fight the infection without any immune system. Thank God he is still alive, even though he is still not well. Mostly I want him to turn to God soon because he doen't look like he has much time left. Unless God does a miracle healing! It's a miracle that Paul is alive today because he's been through so much. But his quality of life is very poor now and his body can't take much more going wrong. Yet today his blood sugar bottomed out (went too low) this morning and when they tried to do dialysis, his shunt (place where they hook him up to the machine to cleanse his blood) wouldn't work. So now I think they will do a surgery to fix the shunt. People die without dialysis, so the shunt needs to be fixed.
He needs a relationship with God and, if God is willing, he needs a miracle healing. Thanks to all who pray. It has been prophesied that Paul and I will have a "complete turn-around." I don't know if this was from God, but when I pray I remind God I heard it said and I ask for it if it really is His will.
Love,
Jodi

Last edited by Jodi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IRL Emergency prayer request: salvation (and healing) for spouse

Post by Nina on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:00 pm

I will pray now Jodi. I know we talk about the love of God and sometimes people are coming by themself but sometimes you have to talk by the conscience with the law. go to the website areyouagoodperson.com
I know it's not the best way to know there is a God but all i can say is that we shouldn't live your husband pass away( if he will) without Jesus. When the law shows you are sinner he will probably turn to find the only saviour. Jesus Christ. i will pray now Sorry for my broken english
God bless You and your husband.
Nina

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Jodi - I used to feel that way. I used to feel that God was distant and angry. God is in heaven and i will be judged at the end and well, i guess i'll see if i make it......wow have i grown, but not on my own. growing in Christ is a process that Christ Himself works in us. They call Him Immanuel for a reason,, it means GOD WITH US! I was personally taught from God to NEVER GIVE UP NO MATTER WHAT, well if God is telling me that then dont you think thats Gods character as well? Love NEVER fails girl.....Speak Gods word...He said His word will not return to Him void! I will keep you and your husband in prayer and will also add it to my prayer group as well. Everything is going to be alright.....Everything will fit perfectly in the end. God Bless you and your husband :)

angelwingz

View user profile http://heavenlyrevelations.spruz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Jodi

Everything will work out. As Jesus told Jairus in Scripture (who's daughter was close to death), "FEAR NOT, JUST BELIEVE" (mark 5:36) Nomatter what the situation looks like, you have to believe that God can do a tremendous work and do it instantly!! God is a miracle-working God! All you have to do is believe! Stand on Gods word and speak those healing scriptures (Find all the healing scriptures you can in a concordance or online and begin to speak them daily until your husband has his healing!!) I am a living witness that God can do the impossible even if others dont believe! IS GOD'S ARM TOO SHORT? IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR GOD? If he can put bodies back together from a whole heap of dry bones in a valley where no regular person could know whom they belong to, then you know he can bring a complete healing to your house!!! Stand on that word that was given to you"complete turn around" until it comes to pass!

Don't give up on God. Don't give up on God! Let Him prove his word to you!!

God said, "ask and it shall be given to you" if you believe (have faith/trust in God) in your heart and not doubt. if you believe what you ask for in prayer it will happen...period.

I am looking for your praise Report soon! WE bind up all the tactics of the enemy to make you feel discouraged and doubtful. God will come through because he is a man of his word and he never lies!! I stand in agreement with you!

smooches and blessings. We claim "sweet sleep" for you and your husband for the days to come. Stop worrying-okay? laugh

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Jodi -

I'm lifting you both up in prayer. praying praying

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:42 am

Exactly Desiree! I know what you are going through Jodi, i am expecting a healing for my mother who has brain cancer and lung cancer....it started out as just lung cancer(its in here under lung carcinoma) since that post we found out the tumor was inoperable due to the size and on top of that she has brain cancer......this sickness is not unto death but for the GLORY of GOD! see with faith not by sight. I know its difficult at first.....well, it was for me, I know God will Heal. Thats HIM. Thats what He does, i am waiting for my mother to be Healed and surely it it will take a miracle rom God. And i am waiting. Everything is going to be all right! Let Gods peace engulf you....God bless you, Love you in Him, Carolyn

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 am

Thank you all. It's easy to put my eyes on what I can see happening in the natural realm and not be able to see what's happening in the spiritual. I see how poorly his body is doing and it is discouraging, but I hear your words of encouragement and I'm reminded to trust God for it all. I needed to hear the things you've said. I praise God now for what He's doing that I don't even see yet. I praise Him for being with me through this. I praise Him for giving me Christian friends who pray with me for Paul and for me too. I choose to place my trust in Him even though in the natural things don't look good yet. Thank You God for Your words (prophecies from different people given when I wasn't even asking for a word for Paul) that Paul will be healed, we will have have a complete turn around, and that Paul will crawl trembling in fear to You Lord expecting judgement and he will instead receive Your love. I thank you Lord that you love us as we are. I pray in Jesus' name to ask for his turning to You and his healing to please come soon. Amen. Thanks so much for praying and encouraging me!
Love,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:44 am

Angel,

God will not heal.....He has already healed and we are claiming it in Jesus name. I will keep you and hubby on prayer list.

God bless,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:29 am

GOD WILL AND HAS HEALED.

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:32 am

iTS IN His time connie........why does my mother have brain cancer and lung cancer?? I have claimed the healing....now im waiting for it!!! i know it hasn't happened yet because she is still sick! FAITH KEEPS US GOING UNTIL PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED. IN HIS TIME, HIS WAY!

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:02 am

Jodi I hope you're doing ok. I was reading my mail and sorry for how i wrote I thought it was easy understanding but it looks like it wasn't. Well to me, I was not trying to scare you or anything. Anyway to make it short. I will pray and God will do the rest.
Focus on Him.
God bless you

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:40 am

I apologize if i came off sounding nasty. In all honesty when you directed your comment to me and said God will not heal....it hurt me and i was offended. bandaid

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:56 am

Nina, Thank you for your prayers for Paul's salvation. We are praying for the Holy Spirit to minister to him, sppirit to spirit. He is not receptive to people talking with him about God. I was not offended by your prayers. I thank you for them.

Angel and Connie, I agree that God has healed, is healing, and will heal - all three! And bless both of you for praying and caring. Angel, I join you in your prayers for your Mom's healing too. Thank You Lord, for your healing and Your mercy. Please send forth Your word that Angel's Mom and Paul will both be completely healed. I praise You for Your love. I pray in Jesus' holy name. Amen.

Update on Paul: He's in surgery now to fix the shunt. I'm going back to the hospital to see him when he gets back to his room.

- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:07 am

I stand in agreement with you Jodi....Thank you and God Bless you! praiseGod Please keep us updated..... praying

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Here's an update on my husband:
Paul had the surgery and it went fine. He was able to have dialysis today and eat supper afterwards. He slept a lot, which is to be expected. His blood sugars are still high even though he hasn't eaten much (few bites of each thing for supper). The nurse said she would give him a little insulin and watch him closely. She also said she would lift me up in her prayers and Paul too. I need to ask her name again. She's really nice. Thanks for your prayers. It's only 9:00 and I'm already tired - I usually read until 11:00. I might just fall asleep right away tonight. Praise God for sustaining Paul again. He might get to go back to the VA nursing home tomorrow if his sugars are normal. I continue to pray for healing in sumbission to God's timing and His purposes.
Love,
Jodi

Last edited by Jodi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a detail)

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Praise God, that's wonderful news Jodi!! Will continue to life him and you up in prayer!

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Thank you, Lurdys. It is good news, isn't it. I'm relieved - and tired. Those couches at the hospital aren't real comfy! lol

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hi jodi hold on

Post by danny on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:01 am

hi jodi

"ask and it shall be given to you" if you believe (have faith/trust in
God) in your heart and not doubt. if you believe what you ask for in
prayer it will happen.

i
am a doctor myself i have seen much worse case actually healed
miraculously before me because of prayer and belief in our lord.
i
know how hard it is to actually believe but please do no matter what.
these are not just words of encouragement but its my practical
experience i saw in my life so many times and it actually puzzled me
and i turned to believe in our lord.

will be praying for you just hold on it will pay because lord looks at our hearts provides miracles in strange ways.

you please eat on time even if you dont feel like just make sure you have energy and pray well

dannyi jodi

"ask and it shall be given to you" if you believe (have faith/trust in
God) in your heart and not doubt. if you believe what you ask for in
prayer it will happen.

i
am a doctor myself i have seen much worse case actually healed
miraculously before me because of prayer and belief in our lord.
i
know how hard it is to actually believe but please do no matter what.
these are not just words of encouragement but its my practical
experience i saw in my life so many times and it actually puzzled me
and i turned to believe in our lord.

will be praying for you just hold on it will pay because lord looks at our hearts provides miracles in strange ways.

you please eat on time even if you dont feel like just make sure you have energy and pray well

danny

danny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Thank you, Danny. It means a lot to me to hear that you as a doctor have actually seen miracles even in worse cases. How blessed your patients are that you can pray for them too. I am believing that God will heal Paul. When I start to doubt, I talk to God about it instead of letting the doubt take over.

Today Paul went to the VA nursing home where he has been living for most of the past year. So this is like him getting to go "home" from the hospital. I am praising God for sustaining Paul again. I am also still praying for Paul to be completely healed and to turn completely to God. Thank you for your prayers because they mean so much to me and because God is hearing your prayers added to mine and the others who are willing to pray for him. God is good and He won't give me a stone when I ask Him for bread, so I am trusting Him for Paul's salvation/ relationship/ discipleship and for Paul's healing.

Love in Christ,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:54 am

Jodi,

I am glad to hear that the surgery went well. I think when we are believing in our healing and we are standing on the promise it is easy to get discouraged. God is with you and Paul and will give you strength. I will continue to pray for both of you. God bless my friend.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks, Connie.

Continued prayers are very much appreciated. We especially need to keep praying for God to reveal His love to Paul personally so Paul will open himself up to Him. It means a lot to me that you and so many others prayed and are still praying for him. Thanks to everyone.

Love,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:21 pm

GREAT NEWS!! AWESOME! thanks for the report!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejeankid on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi Jodi. Thank you for taking the time to answer me in your time of need. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband but out of the darkness comes the light. I believe that something good will come out of this. God bless and may He keep you strong until the light shines.
BJK

bluejeankid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi, BJK.

You're welcome. I know thatGod is with me through this. It would be too hard if He weren't. When I hear Paul talk about God, and he feels God's love and he Loves God back, I'll feel the light shining fully on this situation. Right now, it's good that God is with me through every hard thing. Thank you for your blessing. I receive it! God bless you too.
- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top