Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodi

Emergency prayer: salvation (and healing) for a spouse

Please pray for my husband to open up to the Lord's love. He believes there's a God but that He's far away and doen't really care about us. My husband is seriously ill and was near death this past Thursday and Friday. He had a staff infection in the blood, double pneumonia with a high fever, unstable blood sugars, unstable blood pressures, and low oxygen. Now his temperature is normal, his oxygen level is good, but his blood sugars are not stable and I don't think the infection is gone. This is in addition to his already weakened condition due to diabetes and kidney failure. He had a transplant but it failed and he is not a candidate for a new kidney. He still has to take the anti-rejection medicine which takes away his immune system so that it doesn't fight the foreign kidney. So he's trying to fight the infection without any immune system. Thank God he is still alive, even though he is still not well. Mostly I want him to turn to God soon because he doen't look like he has much time left. Unless God does a miracle healing! It's a miracle that Paul is alive today because he's been through so much. But his quality of life is very poor now and his body can't take much more going wrong. Yet today his blood sugar bottomed out (went too low) this morning and when they tried to do dialysis, his shunt (place where they hook him up to the machine to cleanse his blood) wouldn't work. So now I think they will do a surgery to fix the shunt. People die without dialysis, so the shunt needs to be fixed.
He needs a relationship with God and, if God is willing, he needs a miracle healing. Thanks to all who pray. It has been prophesied that Paul and I will have a "complete turn-around." I don't know if this was from God, but when I pray I remind God I heard it said and I ask for it if it really is His will.
Love,
Jodi

Hi Jodi!

I have prayed for your husband and IT IS God's will for HIM to be healed. Despite the fact that he may not be serving God right now, you must rest and be at peace and KNOW that God has heard your prayers for your husband's salvation. God sometimes has a way of doing things that we don't know anything about. I'm not counting your husband out...I believe that God may be allowing his health to fail so that when He heals him, he will KNOW that God did it.

Hang in there and keep us posted on this miracle!!!

Thank you, Cholette. I appreciate your prayers and your word from God about his healing. I look forward to posting about Paul's salvation and his healing!

Love,
Jodi

Father I pray for will to be done in theri life Please give her the strengthe to be strong. By your stripes he is healed. Thank you for healing power. AMen

Thank you, LovestoworhsipJesus. Your prayers and Cholette's prayers mean a lot to me. God is with me, helping me. He's with Paul too. I pray in Jesus' name for Paul to encounter God in a personal way (maybe through a vision, dream, visitation, or however else God might want to do it) so that He can know how much he is loved by God and know God is with him. Amen.
- Jodi

Jodi,

I'm praying for Paul too. He just needs a heart softener and only God can do that. I believe He will be healed just like the other posters said.

Thanks Jimmy. I hope to post that he has been healed. That will be amazing.

Here's an update on my husband:
Paul had the surgery and it went fine. He was able to have dialysis today and eat supper afterwards. He slept a lot, which is to be expected. His blood sugars are still high even though he hasn't eaten much (few bites of each thing for supper). The nurse said she would give him a little insulin and watch him closely. She also said she would lift me up in her prayers and Paul too. I need to ask her name again. She's really nice. Praise God for sustaining Paul yet again. He might get to go back to the VA nursing home tomorrow if his sugars are normal. I still pray for his healing in submission to God's timing and His purposes. Thanks for your prayers. It's only 9:00 and I'm already tired - I usually read until 11:00. I might just fall asleep right away tonight.
Love,
Jodi