Me floating above two contrasting groups of people

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Me floating above two contrasting groups of people

Post by Jodi on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Prayer asking God for the dream:
I had prayed that God would talk to me about my experiences in my past job through a vision or a dream since I still have trouble understanding what happened there. That night God woke me up, having me pray for the people who had hurt me and for the school district. It was a heartfelt prayer for their benefit. A few days later He gave me the dream.

Scene 1:I saw a close up view of a spike in the ground.

Scene 2:
Then the view zoomed out and showed the same spike in the ground, but with a heavy chain attached to it and a circle of dirt where the chain had scraped the ground. It looked like a dog's chain. It was stretched taut. Someone on such a chain could move, but only as far as the chain would reach and could only go in circles at the outermost reaches of the chain’s length.

Scene 3:
I saw as though I were floating above them a row of people who were standing stiffly side by side without talking or looking at each other. They almost seemed like manikins (very un-alive) rather than people. Then I saw 5 or 6 people sitting in a circle on lawn chairs in my side yard. They were talking and friendly with each other. They looked up at me, waved, and then went back to their conversation. I did not recognize the people, but they didn’t seem like strangers either.

Scene 4:
I saw a new view of the stiff people standing in a line. Their heads turned to exploded popcorn! (This was similar to a David Letterman joke I’d recently seen, in which he showed a before and after pictures of the earth and the earth on global warming. The “before global warming” picture was a view of the earth from space. The “after global warming” picture was a view of popcorn exploding.)

I was slightly elevated as if floating above the scene. I was not a member of either group of people. I know that I had a role to play in the things that happened in my job, but my place in this dream seems to be outside of things. So how can this dream show me what I should learn from the experience? What am I overlooking?
-Jodi

The first time I posted this, Butterfly shared that Scenes 1 & 2 showed me being restricted either by circumstances or by myself. I agree, but hope to learn also what is holding me back?

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Me floating above two contrasting groups of people

Post by usemeLord on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:39 am

Possibly the people with hardened hearts holding you back. I think you must ask God again for more revelation and wisdom on this. He is faithful that if you ask he will supply.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks usemeLord. I definitely was relating to people with hardened hearts and I was being held back from doing my best. I agree that I need to ask God again because I feel like He was trying to show me what my role was in the mess so I could learn from it. God allows us to go through hard things, but usually so that we can learn something from the experience. This experience still feels muddled even after 5 years. I want to learn from it, but I don't know what His message to me is. Maybe the experience wasn't so much about teaching me a lesson, but was a means of closing a door because He wants me to go through a different door? maybe it was a little of both? Maybe He was taking me away from teaching so I could be free to deal with all of the increased health issues my husband is having? Right now, only God knows. I just prayed again to ask Him to teach me what it was about. I hope He helps me understand clearly.
- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top