Strange Dream: Need Interpretation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange Dream: Need Interpretation

Post by Boscoe Jenkins on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Hello everybody flower

I had the strangest dream this morning...I was at home & I sitting with some friends who were much older than me they were in their 40's. there were 3 men & a few women. they all had these gifts of being able to hear the thoughts of others, & read emotions when someone walks by...I had the gift too but mine was'nt as strong. Then we ended up at a party there was this couple there...the wife was worried that her husband was'nt being faithful she told me what happend & I told her that he was having an affair with her best friend...she told me the next morning that he was doing exactly that...Then there's this old man that I see who's abilities are far more advanced & stronger than any of us. He had grey hair & this dark rain coat on with the matching hat. he was quiet & never spoke he just watched all the time like he was waiting for something. Then there is this young man in my dream he gets pushed over alot, & people make fun of him. At the party he ended up getting the same abilities as the rest of us hearing thoughts, & reading emotions. there was this timer behind him that reads off how strong he was...I seen the numbers 7:06 on the screen idk what they mean. but he was stronger then the old man I seen & that disturbed some people. this man had the power to help the world. He man had a crush on this woman she had blonde hair & blue eyes. she thought he was sweet & nice. then one night she realized she loved him. He went to see her & they started talking. He was upset about something & his eyes turn black & red. He said that no one cared about him, not even her. He grabbed her a bit her neck. the house starts shaking papers start flying all over the room... He was sucking her soul out of her body. I could see her heart coming out through her mouth then he let her go. her heart went back into her chest. Her heart looked like it was decomposing & rotting away. she died. We knew him then as Half human & half demon... I went to the house & I found the woman dead & he was still there. He was angry that people mistreated him. He cursed God picked up my bible, & tried to throw it at me but I caught it. I told him not to throw my bible that was the ultimate disrespect, & that I dont even throw my bible... I never knew his name He had the power to take souls & he was abusing it I felt like I had to stop him....then I woke up.

I am completly confused about what this dream means it was so strange... :uhoh: thinking

Boscoe Jenkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Dream: Need Interpretation

Post by Jodi on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Raye,
When you write that "they all had these gifts of being able to hear the thoughts of others, & read emotions when someone walks by," this feels different than discernment. A person gifted with discernment, could tell if there's a spirit working in a person, or maybe tell if someone is lying or telling the truth. But I don't think they can listen into other peole's thoughts like an eavesdropper. What feelings did you have when you realized they could listen in? Did it feel awkward for you when you found that you could listen in?
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boscoe Jenkins on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I did'nt find it awkward...I thought it was normal. I just figured they were just really gifted & I thought it was normal. It was'nt awkward for me in some of my dreams I am able to hear the thoughts of people. Like I said, I thought it was normal. thinking

Boscoe Jenkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:29 am

Last edited by butterfly on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi, Raye.

Butterfly wrote, "There is a Christian guy that I know and he can hear people's thoughts, I prayed and ask God for that gift and a short while after I was able to hear people's thoughts and I could feel how people felt on the inside. I asked God to confirm if this gift was from him and he confirmed that it was from him." I didn't know that this was one of the ways God gifts people because I had never heard of it before. (sorry) Thanks for explaining. So, as a gift from God it is normal for you to hear thoughts and emotions ot others.

I do think that the others in this dream are God showing you examples of what it looks like when others receive the same type giftedness but from an evil spirit rather than from God. I agree with Butterfly that God is teaching you discernment with this dream.

The dream has some things that show the difference between a person gifted by God to bless others and people who have received gifts from a spirit other than the Holy Spirit.

The worried wife uses your power for her own purposes, not to serve God or others. (I believe that your gift comes from God's Spirit and that you glorify Him when you use it. I think God is teaching you through this dream to discern whenever someone asks you to use your giftedness on their behalf whose purpose it serves and if doing so would be to God's glory. Sometimes a person's request will be within God's will and give Him glory and other times a request might only be based on their self-serving interests.)

Maybe the quiet old man who just watched like he was waiting for something was waiting on the Holy Spirit to use his gift? If so, then he could be using his gift rightly. The ranking of who has the strongest giftedness is uncharacteristic of Christian thinking. Was the old man disturbed that the younger man was stronger? If not, then he would be responding in a Christian way, without jealousy. If he was upset, then he wasn’t responding as a Christian should.

“The young man had the power to help the world.” The power is God’s, not the person’s. Even if Christians are operating in God’s gifting by the power of the Holy Spirit and they are doing good works to help the world, but they start to think of this power as their own instead of God’s, then they are sinning by stealing God’s glory. They should be giving all glory to God, not to their “strength” in giftedness.

The young man was being oppressed by a spirit of Rejection when he said, “No one cared about me, not even her.” He was half human & half demon, yet he received the same giftedness as the others only stronger. “He had the power to take souls & he was abusing it.” He was abusing a power and he was allowing himself to be empowered by an evil spirit rather than God.

I think God is showing you how to tell the difference between real and counterfeit giftedness and how to tell what a person's intentions are when they ask you to use God's gift to you for their benefit. You'll notice if a person is just being self-serving, or if God is leading you to minister to them by the power of His Spirit.

At first when I read "practice our gifts," I was worried. I thought "Wait! That's what we do here on this site!" But then I noticed what is different about it. We do "practice our gifts" here on this site, but not for the purpose of making the gift stronger. We practice so we can get better at understanding what God is saying and so we can be strengthened by what He is teaching us. But, the gift is given by the Holy Spirit as He sees fit in what ever measure He wants to give it and our practice here is not trying to affect that.

I learned a lot from the dream you received, Raye, and from your comments too, Butterfly. Thanks for sharing the dream and for posting your insights!

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boscoe Jenkins on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Thank you for posting the reply reguarding the dream I had.....I dont know what to say there's so much info to take in here.....I know that The Lord has blessed me with a gift which still amazes me because I feel so small. Not in an insignificant way, more like, "Of all the people to pick." U know? flower but I dont have the slightest clue as to how this gift should be used..when I had this dream I was confused about what it ment all I know was the man who could take souls Had a demonic spirit because My spirit felt extremely afraid of him....Thank you for posting this reply It is very informative & I really needed to read this. huggins

Boscoe Jenkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:33 am

Raye,
You are welcome. I feel the same way - amazed and grateful that He would even want to talk to me. l'm still learning how to function with my gift in a manner pleasing to God too. We all will be still learning for the rest of our lives because who of us can figure out all of God's ways? God is so interesting. He never runs out of new things to show and teach us!

Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top