Lion in my Kitchen...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lion in my Kitchen...

Post by ispeaktheword on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello Everyone,

Would like your thoughts on this dream.

Me, my husband and a group of people were sitting in my kitchen listening to a man speak (I didn't know these people). I remember a lion was in the kitchen with us. He was just laying on the floor looking around. I felt uncomfortable.

My 4 year old daughter went upstairs. I asked one of the people in the group if my daughter went upstairs with the lion, they said yes. Then my daughter came down the stairs moving quickly. I was afraid her fast movement was going to upset the lion or make him chase her but it did not come after her. I grabbed her and comforted her but I was scared.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lion in my Kitchen...

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:39 pm

You said that you felt "uncomfortable" and "Scared" around the lion. It seemed as though you were concerned if the lion was around your daughter or not.

Bottom line there are two types of lions mentioned in scripture: a). The lion of Judah--God and b) the adversary (ie: satan) who roars and prowls around like a lion seeking whom he may devour (trying to intimidate) (1 peter 5:8). That's why you have to be vigilant and aware of his schemes because the very moment you're off guard--that's when he comes to try to attack! (Satan comes for those who are not ready or become complacent. He also comes for those who are "sold out" to God, but that's another story;)) Notice that Satan is always the counterfeit of God (he always tries to do what God does but there's always a component missing and that's truth.) If you live for God, he will give you discernment in knowing what's "of him" and authentic.

IF you were with God you wouldve felt peace (in my opinion) because even if we're nervous with God he still gives/brings comfort and peace. I wonder if the lion present in your dream was Satan. Not really doing anything but still "there" trying to intimidate and scare? Has the enemy been "setting up camp" (been relaxed) lately in your family with things unknown to you (even health-wise), especially with your daughter? You have the spirit of God within you and remember "you have the authority/power to trample on (lions), serpents, and scorpians, and nothing by any means shall harm you." (paraphrase) (Luke 10:16).

please pray on what I've said

desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:08 am

Hey Desiree,

Thanks for your thoughts on this dream. I'm still not sure about it but I will pray on what you said.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

Back to top Go down

Post by misspriss on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 am

Just a thought or two-not an interpretation- thinking

Is it possible that The Lord may be showing you not to worry so much about your precious daughter? That lion never made a move towards her. That when she wasn't by your side HE kept her safe.

Because the Lion scared you, I tend to think he was either the adversary or from the adversary. The Lion was also a distraction, pulling your attention away from whatever it was that man was saying to you and the people.

The fact that it was in your kitchen makes me think of one "feeding" one's self. Or the heart of the home.

Just a guess here, it sounds like you were the only one who noticed the lion and was concerned and afraid. Your husband and the rest did not. You may have a gift of discernment as well and use this for ministry.

Interesting how the Lion was laying on the floor. Powerless. Looking around, but unable to leap.

Is it possible that God is reassuring you that "greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world".

God Bless You!

misspriss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Good thoughts Misspriss!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:06 am

Hi Misspriss,

I agree those were good thoughts. Similiar to what Desiree said with a different spin. I like how you pointed out the Lion was lying on the floor. If it was Christ, I don't think he would be lying on the floor. I also like how you pointed out I was distracted.

I wonder if this dream was prophetic. This Sunday in church, I could not engage in the service. It was difficult for me to receive from the man of God because my daughter was being such a distraction. I had to keep scolding her and telling her to be quiet. We had to leave service for a few minutes so she could use the bathroom. I felt like I missed out on service, I was in tears. My daughter is 4. I wonder if the enemy was using my daughter as a distraction to upset my spirit.

Anyways, thank you ladies for your time and thoughts on my dream.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

Back to top Go down

Post by misspriss on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 am

Hi Ispeaktheword,

When my kids were four there was no way that either of them could have sat still through a whole service! happy dance That smilie represents my boys and what I could expect from them after 15 minutes at that age, LOL.

And we couldn't go anywhere w/o both of them needing to "test out" the bathroom. :banghead: Even if they just "went" at home.

Have you tried packing a "goody" bag for her? Maybe pencil, paper, tic-tacs, a tiny toy or two? IMO I see no harm in that for a 4 yo.

Unfortunately at that age they're too old for the nursery(the churches I've been in) yet they aren't able to sit still in an adult service.

I know it can be frustrating at the time. It will get better!

God Bless You!

misspriss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:54 am

Hi Misspriss,

Thank you for the encouragement and the tips!! Yes, I let them bring little toys. My son is 3 and he was fine. My daughter was off the hook. It was something about this particular Sunday (I can go deeper but it would take to long to write) that made me question if this dream may have been prophetic.

My daughter loves to draw, so I will bring a little pad of paper and some colored pencils and see how that goes. You're right, it is frustrating but I do understand they are still young.. aauugh

Thank you again Misspriss!

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top