prophecy on a memorial tombstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

prophecy on a memorial tombstone

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:40 pm

I dreamed my husband was really sad about all these men that died in the war
and there was a memorial erected in there honor that we visited. I was
trying to make him feel better so I started chiseling Psalm 1 on the
memorial. I knew it was a prophecy somehow. I wanted him to know about
it but he was distracted cause he was so down. But i knew if he read it it would encourage him. I remember working
really hard chiseling those words in stone and i didnt have it finished
yet. I was telling my mom about it and showed it to her...then the
memorial turned into my car and mom was disappointed i had scratched
the paint. I knew it was my car and could do whatever i wanted with it.

I told my husband about this earlier and he said that was interesting because he saw a car when he was in town yesterday that had the bible written all over it. I thought that was interesting too. He is a war vet and is really down right now and is struggling a lot. His sister just had heart surgery and I have tried so much to encourage him with the Word of God. He is just SO down. Please keep him in your prayer. I dont exactly know what the dream means. I have some idea but i really need help.

here is psalm 1
Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

.............in the dream I had only part of it written..i still had a lot to write. Any ideas my friends? idea
love,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: prophecy on a memorial tombstone

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:11 pm

I don't know right now but will pray on it.
desiree

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:37 am

Daphanie:

When I thought of your dream, I thought about the scripture when Jesus said, "this do in remembrance of me"; God wants us to remember him in everything that we do right? Also symbolic of taking part in the things of God and what he desires from us (ie: eating the bread and drinking the wine-taking part of Jesus' blood and body.) In your dream you were making a memorial for your husband to make him feel better. You've been speaking about how you've been so busy lately with the kids and just life and you haven't had time for your husband in an intimate way-lately right? The "memorial thing" was just something that stuck out to me. What if God is encouraging you to do "little things" for your husband here and there? You're really trying to make the "extra effort" to make your husband happy by chiseling away at something he would like (the memorial right?), so in real life I wonder if your husband would be very pleased if you participate in some of the things he likes or is interested in more? In addition, Could your husband be sad that he's not spending much quality time with you as he would like, and he's hoping you would "make the first step"? I think the bible scripture was just to encourage the both of you right now with a timely word (especially him with what's going on with his sister).
I thought of the following scripture in Psalm 121:1-8:

"I will lift up my eyes to the hillswhere does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The lord will keep you from all harm-HE WILL WATCH OVER YOUR LIFE; The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more."

Remember: you and your husband are blessed because you both trust in the Lord; it's the "little things" that count. :goofy:

Pray on what I've said.
desiree :book:

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:01 pm

Daphanie,
I don't have any insight into your dream but I was at a Casting Crowns concert in KC last night (Friday) and they talked about this scripture, noting that the progression of the first few verses is a gradual slow down. No one goes from running to sitting in one fluid motion. They go from running to standing to sitting. And why does that happen? Because of who they are taking counsel from. You are right to continue to encourage husband! If he continues to look at the world and life situations through his perspective, he won't get the Holy counsel that he SO needs to fuel himself right now. Then, they lead us into a song that I am somewhat familiar with and because the worship flowed, I cannot tell you now if the following phrases were from one song or 2 last night. Maybe someone more familiar with their newest stuff could help us out with getting us to the right songs???
"I don't want the man that I used to be to rise up in me again" was the gist of the main chorus. The whole song rephrases Psalm 1. Get it and see if this helps the Spirit flow and bring more back from the dream. It's on the radio all the time around here and I think but am not positive that it's from The Altar and the door CD.

Then, to go back to what Desiree said, we went into a section about "I will lift my eyes unto the hills from where does my help come from."

Continue to encourage your husband to let the Lord fight for him, so that he does not continue to slow down like the first verses of Psalm 1 say. Depression, even if only situational (as opposed to chemical or hormonal or clinical), can be so tough. Encourage him to FIGHT the good fight!

Please post back as you learn more!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Sorry - in re-reading my post I wasn't sure if i made clear that the scripture Casting Crowns taught on was Psalm 1. While they focused on the way that it leads to shutting down in your spiritual life (that is, turning away from your spiritual growth and becoming sinful and unloving), in your dream, I see it as how your husband has gone from being joyful to being unproductive and sad.

There isn't any way in the bad times to be joyful except in the Lord!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:47 pm

RnestseekR,
That's one thing I wanted to mention: Encouragement-continue to encourage and inspire your husband DAPH!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:55 pm

It's probably been 2 hours since I posted to you. I am watching "Sound of Music" with my daughter (sorta' - as usual, I am multi-tasking and doing some journaling at the smae time.) Guess what verse just caught my attention from the movie? "I lift mine eyes unto the hills from whence comes my help." I bet Julie Andrews never thought her movie would be used by god to speak to all of us on this string! Guess it goes to show how God can do anything through anybody any time He wants! Just had to pause and share!!!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:25 pm

To follow up - WOW the Spirit must have really been moving that night because I have since figured out the message I thought being conveyed at the casting Crowns concert came actually from 3 songs. 1.) It's a slow fade is based directly on Psalm 1. While that song focuses on the gradual decline one seemingly small sin can lead to, it seems like the scripture is to be used as a reminder, in your husband's case, NOT to slowly fade. So maybe that song isn't the one for you, eh??? 2.) I Will Praise You In This Storm is the one where you repeat over and over I Lift Mine Eyes Unto the Hills - I have recently come out of a storm. Not enitrely sure I am out of yet. This song has been powerful for reminding me that "every tear I cry, Christ hold in his hand." 3.) Still cannot figure out the 3rd song, but I referenced it before, "I don't want to see the man I used to be rising up in me again." I will continue to pray for your husband. It can be SO HARD to hold the faith when we cannot see God's hand holding us. Thank you for being proverbs 31 woman and lifting him up during this time of struggle. You will a crown on his head!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:13 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top