Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desiree (Starpop)

HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME?

Praise the Lord saints!!
I am so honored to be apart of this group and I am so overwhelmed and astonished at the many miracles and blessings that God has and is providing for his precious children THIS YEAR! I don't know about you all, but I know that I am standing outside with my bucket waiting on God's "spring and autumn rains" to overflow in my life. God is so faithful that He does MORE than enough (ephesians 3:20) and doesn't disappoint EVERY SINGLE TIME! Who wouldn't want to serve a God like that?!

I woke up this morning (around 6-ish) to watch the news, spend time with God, and see a sermon To make a long story short, the Lord led me to read Genesis 22. You all know the story, about how God told Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac (a foreshadowing of God sending his only son in the new testament). God placed this on my heart to share with you. This is the first time I've done this so please pray--I would love any feedback as well!!!

God tested Abraham to see what was in his heart. Just like He tested the children of Israel to see what was in their hearts (Deuteronomy 11:27,13; 8:2,16), God often does this to see just how much we love him and to see if we'll be obedient to him, nomatter what He tells us to do. Testing comes as a way to "see if our hearts are in the right place." I know that I've often times struggled with having "control" or making sure that I could handle things on my own. I had trust issues with people in general, because people let me down. Ithought, "nobody can do this better than I can, and atleast if I do it myself, I wont' be disappointed." As I obeyed God more and more, little by little, He broke down those walls of distrust and HE proved that HE could/would come through everytime that I obeyed. After all, "without faith its impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6) so you have to step out and as NIKE says, "JUST DO IT". (God blesses those who are not just hearers of his words, but DOERS)

Inspite of what God told Abraham he was "willing and obedient" to do what He asked. We know as Saints, that if we are WILLING AND OBEDIENT we will EAT the good of the Land (its guaranteed!) (Isaiah 1:19) Abraham was willing to sacrifice the ONLY son he had for God. He was willing to give back to God what he had waited years to recieve, even inspite of his "stepping out of the will" and having Ishmael with his wife's maidservant. See, even inspite of our mistakes, God's will CAN be done. Abraham had confidence in God that He and His son would survive and come out "praising God":

3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you." 8 Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.
Genesis 22:3-5,8)

Abraham went to sacrifice in the region of Moriah at a mountain he later named "The Lord will provide". Nomatter the tribulation, how high the mountain is, or how rough circumstances may get, inspite of the feelings and inspite of what it may LOOK Like--God WILL PROVIDE for you in the midst of your storm. I'm a living witness to that!! It seems as though sometimes God wants us to wait until we're on our "last leg" or have that "last dime" in our pockets before he makes a move. Why? Because He wants us to trust totally and completely on Him! He wants us to have No other choice but him! It seems simple right, but how many times as Christians do we still try to figure it out on our own--wishing and wondering if God REALLY will come through as he said he would? As one of Connie's favorite sayings goes, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not until your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5). You CANNOT figure this out on your own! In doing so, it wouldn't be faith now would it?!lol Even if it doesn't make sense (which often times with God it doesn't), you still have to have faith and know, just like Abraham, that God will "make a way out of no way" for you. God's arms are not too short to follow through on his promises and to make miracles on our behalf (Jeremiah 32:27)

God wants to see if we really love him? Do you love God more than anyone or anything in this world? If God told you to drop something NOW would you do it? Even if you're like Abraham and waited years for that "promise" to come to pass, would you give it back to God just to show how much its NOT ALL THAT IMPORTANT COMPARED TO HIM? God does everything for a reason and most "trying" situations help to build our characters--help us to be more anointed for him. If we pass that test, God is able and WILL bless us "exceedingly, abundantly, and above all we could ever ask or think (imagine) (ephesians 3:20) I don't know about you all, but I want ALL that God wants for my life and more! He's not some mean God that desires to see us suffer "just because". He wants to give us the very best; He wants us to be happy and "fullly satisfied" (proverbs 13:4; joel 2:26). Why not let God give you the best he has to offer? Know that "not one of his good promises [that He has promised you] will fail, but just like Joshua and His people, they will ALL come to pass (be fulfilled) at the right time (Joshua 21:45). If you obey God and place your trust in Him, you WONT be disappointed! (Deuteronomy 28:1-13)

"Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 49:23) (Psalm 22:5) Remain diligent and don't give up! Right when you least expect, God will come through!!!

declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."
Genesis 22:15

How much better is to please God by obeying Him!!

God bless you all and thank you for allowing me to share. I pray that it has blessed you as much as it has me
smooches galore
desiree 👏 kiss

Thank you, Pastor Desiree - that was a WONDERFUL word!!! 👏

And you KNOW you spoke to my heart with that! Amen! thumbs

👏 crying :cmere:praiseGod

Thank you for sharing, WOW what a Word. I LOVE HIM that much. I don't even know where to begin with a response to this, confirmation, confirmation, confirmation, right on time. This word just ministered to my spirit and makes me wanna leap and jump. God is a promise keeper and He will do exactly what He said He will do. I was just praying earlier and I asked myself this question just like Abraham asked the question, "IS THERE ANYTHING TO HARD FOR THE LORD?" Even when it seems impossible with men, all things are possible with GOD!! If we look at the word impossible it simply states IM POSSBBLE. WOW WOW WOW. Thank you JESUS!!!

God Bless
Seeker38

Seeker,
you are so sweet!! I am so glad that you were blessed beyond measure! It was a word for me too--God is Good!!!
smooches and thank you!

desi