Purple Motorcycle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Purple Motorcycle

Post by SoulJah on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:26 am

G'day All,
This is a very short dream the Lord gave me when I was on holiday last week.
I was riding on a purple harley davidson like motorcycle in the middle of a flat, almost looked like new, highway. There weren't any other cars/bikes on the road. Besides the highway looked like a desert, but different, there were flowers and cactus, but you could see a bit of sand here and there.

I know that cars represent ministry, but what does a motorcycle represent?
The difference with this dream with the other dreams i've had since I was 13 (lol) is that with most of them I see myself doing things in the dream, like in a movie. But this time it was in first person perspective, I see my hands on the handlebars of the bike, I look down and see the purple part of the bike (just before the seat), etc. Does this have any significance?

If the Holy Spirit gives you anything, thanks a lot!
Jordo

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Purple Motorcycle

Post by butterfly on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:47 am

Hi Souljah. A motorcycle travels much more faster than a car, a motorcycle is able to weave through traffic easier than other vehicles, squeeze into tight space unlike a regular car, with motorcycles the only restriction is traffic lights and specific speed limits set on that particular road, you can go at your own pace not being restricted by another vehicle in front of you most times. A motorcycle is a fast track vehicle, a motorcycle to me means freedom and individuality. In terms of the colour purple I have to think about that more.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulJah on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Yes I was trying to think of the distinction between a car and bike, one thing I thought of was that a bike can go places a car can't. Do you reckon that might be something?
God bless
Jordo

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:14 pm

One other thought...on a motorcycle, you're by yourself...the highway being brand new suggests that you may be going down a new path...the color purple is often associated with royalty in the Bible....

Are you thinking about taking a personal spiritual retreat? Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the 40 day count to Easter begins...maybe the dream is anticipating the fact that during this period we are more reflective and seeking to commune directly with the Lord, one on one?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi Souljah
Your dream reminded me of that old retro movie Purple rain for some reason.

Anyway! I believe the motorcycle still represented ministry. I will ask you this question: do you feel like even as you are swiftly and obediently working in your ministry that you are not seeing any fruit or do you feel that your ministry is plateauing or in a dry place right now?

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:15 am

God excelling you rapidly in your personal life (ie:when I think of purple its like "royalty" so ministry here?) even though it may seem like you're in your "desert place"? please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulJah on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 am

Sorry for the late reply :oops:

lola21st wrote:...the highway being brand new suggests that you may be going down a new path...the color purple is often associated with royalty in the Bible....

unaday wrote:...do you feel like even as you are swiftly and obediently working in your
ministry that you are not seeing any fruit or do you feel that your
ministry is plateauing or in a dry place right now?

Desiree (Starpop) wrote:...God excelling you rapidly in your personal life (ie:when I think of
purple its like "royalty" so ministry here?) even though it may seem
like you're in your "desert place"?

To #1
You know im kind of hoping that's not what I think it is. I'm a youth leader in my church, and the youth pastor may possibly leave soon...

To #2
I do feel stagnant sometimes, I mean the youth are great, but there are times when I get a bit restless. However, for now at least, I know its where the Lord has placed me. Perhaps that will change soon?

To #3
Now, when you say personal life are you talking solely ministry wise or relationship wise? (as in a girl is going to come my way wise lol)

I've got to ask the question because I just rack my brain trying to figure this out sometimes, but with the color purple representing royalty, what does that mean for me exactly? What does it mean when the majority of things the Lord shows me, whether it be a giant tree with large purple fruit and purple splashed leaves or a purple motorbike, are to do with royalty/ministry? What is the significance?

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate your thoughts!
Jordo

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:17 am

I don't think that you should just solely focus on the symbols alone (because if you do it will throw you off because sometimes things are just THERE in our dreams and they mean nothing). You should see the "big picture" (overall theme and pay attention to how you felt in the dream) Feelings make a difference.

I said "acceleration" (things speeding up) and "exceleration" ( which may not even be a word or spelled correctly but you get my drift) meaning as things taking off and growth is happening) in your personal life (that could mean relationship, ministry, etc--closer walk with God, greater understanding of your life/goals, etc). Just pray that God will give you more revelation. It may take some time but I promise he will show you!!!

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:59 pm

How do you feel about motorcycles?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulJah on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Motorcycles are gooooood thumbs . Like harley davidson bikes, like in my dream.

As an update, I got a call today from where I worked briefly last year, and they offered me a position for three weeks, full time. Which is awesome! So im thinking this dream might have something to do with that...
Jordo

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:57 pm

Great news!
please let us know when your dreams are manifested!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulJah on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:46 am

HI All!
I haven't posted on here for quite a while, but I wanted to give an update! Since this last post in March my job was supposed to finish end of april, but I had my contract extended until may the 30th, then again, june the 30th, then on monday I find out I got a job on a different level that lasts until november, maybe longer! I'm on my way to getting my first car, and maybe possibly (but most likely not for a little while) there might be a girl in the picture too! =). God is so good! You gotta love motorcycles! Thank you LORD!

SoulJah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 am

I just want to throw something out there about purple. If you see a lot of purple when you dream this could mean that this is a color that God uses to represent YOU. I am an artist, so God speaks to me through color a lot. I would venture to say that if your vehicle is purple then purple is a color that will have special meaning between you and the Lord. It does not mean you have to like purple. God often speaks to me through a color that I never particularly liked but it's really begun to grow on me :) Anyway, I just wanted to say that the color purple could be special....maybe God will show you more if you ask Him.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:46 am

Your dream being in the first person perspective would mean to me that there are things(possibly in ministry )that you are putting together and you are enjoying it because you unerstand it well.Do you feel you are in the right area of your ministry?.I think you do despite the challenges.

peter

Last edited by peodhis on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 am

I need to ask you Sunshine, have you ever thought about putting some of these dreams in an artistic format?

Even this dream paints a pretty picture in my mind.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am

true flight-- WEll, I paint abstract so I don't really paint "pictures" or true to life scenes. I'm not sure if that is what you meant when you said putting them in an artistic format. But I do love color and so does God :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:37 am

I like abstract, but yes thats what I ment

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:44 am

thumbs