Spike, taut chain, and 2 sets of contrasting people

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spike, taut chain, and 2 sets of contrasting people

Post by Jodi on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Prayer asking God for the dream:
I had prayed that God would talk to me about my experiences in my past job through a vision or a dream since I still have trouble understanding what happened there. That night God woke me up, having me pray for the people who had hurt me and for the school district. It was a heartfelt prayer for their benefit. A few days later He gave me the dream.

Scene 1:I saw a close up view of a spike in the ground.

Scene 2:
Then the view zoomed out and showed the same spike in the ground, but with a heavy chain attached to it and a circle of dirt where the chain had scraped the ground. It looked like a dog's chain. It was stretched taut. Someone on such a chain could move, but only as far as the chain would reach and could only go in circles at the outermost reaches of the chain’s length.

Scene 3:
I saw as though I were floating above them a row of people who were standing stiffly side by side without talking or looking at each other. They almost seemed like manikins (very un-alive) rather than people. Then I saw 5 or 6 people sitting in a circle on lawn chairs in my side yard. They were talking and friendly with each other. They looked up at me, waved, and then went back to their conversation. I did not recognize the people, but they didn’t seem like strangers either.

Scene 4:
I saw a new view of the stiff people standing in a line. Their heads turned to exploded popcorn! (This was similar to a David Letterman joke I’d recently seen, in which he showed a before and after pictures of the earth and the earth on global warming. The “before global warming” picture was a view of the earth from space. The “after global warming” picture was a view of popcorn exploding.)

I was slightly elevated as if floating above the scene. I was not a member of either group of people. I know that I had a role to play in the things that happened in my job, but my place in this dream seems to be outside of things. So how can this dream show me what I should learn from the experience? What am I overlooking?
-Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spike, taut chain, and 2 sets of contrasting people

Post by butterfly on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:25 am

In scene 1 and scene 2 of your dream I think God is trying to show you that you have been restricted although you have tried to break free. thinking

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:52 am

Hi, Butterfly.

Thanks for your insight. I agree that it shows me being restricted. I wasn't able to teach the way that I wanted to. But I'm wondering if it also means that something I was doing was holding me back?

-Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top