Partly Answered: still some questions about 3 pieces of jewelry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Partly Answered: still some questions about 3 pieces of jewelry

Post by Jodi on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 am

In a dream God presented these to my mind's eye and I just "knew" what they meant:
First, I saw a purple band, like a ring.

Then I saw the same purple band with a gold band fused beneath it. This gold was more beautiful than earthly gold. It was a very shiny and very dark gold color. I "knew" it meant "obeying my will."

I asked "Does 'purple' mean 'obedience' and 'gold' mean 'Your will'?" I "just knew" the answer was "Yes."

I saw a piece of jewelry. It was shaped like a peace sign without the surrounding circle, so it had three "legs" which came out from the same center point. Each "leg' of the jewelry was a series of small. pale purple stones, possibly amythests. The tip of only one "leg" had a diamond on it. I think maybe there was a post behind it, so it might have been a lapel pin or a brooch pin. (It wasn't an earring because there was only one.) It was an overhead view of the jewelry piece so I'm not really sure it had a post or not. This piece was extremely beautiful too. I don't completely know what this piece means. (I was not in the dream and I did not see the Lord. When I said He presented me with the jewelry, I mean He showed me this vision of it.)

Then I saw one pale green bedpost. (end of vision)

Love,
Mia

So far the insights we've gained are:
The purple and gold fused bands seem like wedding bands, but they also represent obedience to God's will.
The third piece of jewelry represents the trinity and also my marriage.
The diamond represents marriage and "forever."
Paul used to play a song called "Diamond Girl" for me when we were dating.
His toast to me on our frist anniversary was "One year down; forever to go."

Still want to know:
What do the light purple stones mean?
What does the placement of the diamond at only one tip mean? (It was not in the center where you might expect it to be since it was the only one that was not a light purple stone. It was prettier there because it was an unusual placement.)
What is this vision actually saying about my marriage?

- Jodi

Last edited by Jodi on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to indicate in title that new info was added so some might re-read)

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Partly Answered: still some questions about 3 pieces of jewelry

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:11 am

Jodi,

I do believe that something like that can happen, but usually a dream that God shows you is usually for you. Not always - but most of the time. I also think you are correct in that what God showed you is important for every Christian and something that we all need a reminder of.

Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks Mia! I love it that He'll show us stuff. This is a somewhat new experience for me and I am amazed by it.

Do you have any thoughts about the third piece of jewelry? It was shaped like a Y, but with the "legs" positioned like thirds of a circle. Each "leg' of the jewelry was a series of small, pale purple stones, possibly amythests. The tip of only one "leg" had a diamond on it.

I just remembered that my husband used to play a song for me called "Diamond Girl" (glad I found you; glad you're mine) when we were dating. And the double rings remind me of a wedding band, except the purple color. I wonder if this is about our marriage?

As I prayed to hear if it was about our marriage, I remembered the last part of the vision. I didn't mention earlier because it was so brief, but after I saw the 3 pieces of jewelry, I saw a pale pea green bedpost. My husband is very ill, so the sickly green color makes sense. It was only one bedpost, not the whole headboard or bed. We don't get to sleep together because he's in too much pain and for now he lives at a VA nursing home instead of here.

What do amythests mean as part of the breastplate showing the 12 tribes? Is there a meaning derived from that? (ie that particular tribe was known for ____ or that tribe was promised ____ as a blessing.)

A friend of mine is studying Hebrew, the Jewishness of Jesus, etc. He says that every letter in the Hebrew alphabet has it own meaning. I wonder if the "Y"'s meaning is relevant? I'll ask him about that part.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Amethyst's Arabic name, al-hilma as well as its Jewish name, achlamah or ahlamah , means "the dream-stone." Derived from the Hebrew word halam , meaning "to dream," it was believed that wearing amethyst caused the wearer to dream. Sorry, that is about as much as I could say about the amethyst of your dream. Just a little something I found...I know you may have found the same information :uhoh:

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:23 pm

OH, yeah, I am big on giving links for research, and here is a great one http://www.jewelsforme.com/Amethyst-History.asp. No viruses or adware, but great and lengthy information on amethyst.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks, HisLightBeam. I checked out the site. - Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks, HisLightBeam. I checked out the site. - Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Jodi wrote:Thanks Mia! I love it that He'll show us stuff. This is a somewhat new experience for me and I am amazed by it.

Do you have any thoughts about the third piece of jewelry? It was shaped like a Y, but with the "legs" positioned like thirds of a circle. Each "leg' of the jewelry was a series of small, pale purple stones, possibly amythests. The tip of only one "leg" had a diamond on it.

I just remembered that my husband used to play a song for me called "Diamond Girl" (glad I found you; glad you're mine) when we were dating. And the double rings remind me of a wedding band, except the purple color. I wonder if this is about our marriage?

As I prayed to hear if it was about our marriage, I remembered the last part of the vision. I didn't mention earlier because it was so brief, but after I saw the 3 pieces of jewelry, I saw a pale pea green bedpost. My husband is very ill, so the sickly green color makes sense. It was only one bedpost, not the whole headboard or bed. We don't get to sleep together because he's in too much pain and for now he lives at a VA nursing home instead of here.

What do amythests mean as part of the breastplate showing the 12 tribes? Is there a meaning derived from that? (ie that particular tribe was known for ____ or that tribe was promised ____ as a blessing.)

A friend of mine is studying Hebrew, the Jewishness of Jesus, etc. He says that every letter in the Hebrew alphabet has it own meaning. I wonder if the "Y"'s meaning is relevant? I'll ask him about that part.

Actually I started to dream about this the other night on the train but I can't remember what I was dreaming. In all honestly, I felt it was about your husband the diamond representing a wedding symbol for forever. I feel like the three legs also represented the Trinity. I don't have an interpretation for you, I only have this tiny bit that I remembered. I'm sorry.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 am

Thank you Mia. It's amazing that God will give you a dream about my dream to help you help me understand. I think He loves to make us interconnected by causing us to need each other's understandings. I was thinking also that the three legs were a symbol for the Trinity. Your word here confirms that. And the word "forever" is what Paul and I tell each other on anniversary cards. His toast to me on our first anniversary was "One down; forever to go." I had it enscribed on his wedding band for another anniversary. No need to apologize. Your "tiny bit" means a lot! Thanks.
Love, Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:30 am

Jodi wrote:Thank you Mia. It's amazing that God will give you a dream about my dream to help you help me understand. I think He loves to make us interconnected by causing us to need each other's understandings. I was thinking also that the three legs were a symbol for the Trinity. Your word here confirms that. And the word "forever" is what Paul and I tell each other on anniversary cards. His toast to me on our first anniversary was "One down; forever to go." I had it enscribed on his wedding band for another anniversary. No need to apologize. Your "tiny bit" means a lot! Thanks.
Love, Jodi

What a blessing your message was. Jodi, I so agree with what you said about God keeping us interconnected and it just blessed my socks off that what the Lord imparted was so personal to you. Thank you so much for replying.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 am

Jodi,

One thing I would like to add to all of this. As a minister there have been many times the Lord will give me a "Word" for someone and it will speak to me as well. I think that sometimes the Lord will use whatever method it takes to get us to hear him or to understand something. I love Him for that....and many other reasons.....but that He will always make it so that I understand. He is so awesome to me. So my answer here is yes He can use a dream meant for someone else to speak to you. Nothing is impossible for God.

Love in Jesus,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks, Connie. I'm glad I didn't give a word to the woman in error, glad God used me to give it to her, and really glad that He was also talking to me personally at the same time! He is a very cool God! When you say, "He always makes it so that you understand," it encourages me because I do trust that He will eventually clue me in more until I am able to get what he's saying. I'm learning (He's teaching me) to be patient when the answers are not immediate.
Love,
Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top