Termites attacking my motorbike

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Termites attacking my motorbike

Post by Glad on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 am

Hi everyone
Hope someone has some ideas and thoughts about this dream... thank you in advance.

Drive up a steep hill with a motorbike. The motor stutters, help with pedaling a couple times. Reach my destiny, don't want to shut off the bike because the motor had worked so hard. Decide to go for a short ride. Take a curve, my bike falls down a ravine, hits a rotten tree trunk, huge termites come running out attacking my bike. After seeing all the termites, decide I will not get this bike back, I am going to buy a new one.
I am half over the edge, try crawling back out, succeed, see this young plum tree very close to the edge, hold on to its trunk marveling that it was so strong for being planted in such a unfavorable place and being still quite young. I question why my Dad, a gardener, would ever plant a tree here.
A bunny is climbing up from the ravine, a termite is attached to it, I flick it off and the bunny takes off.
Enter my parents house (not like in real life), tell them the police had suggested I babysit and that they would recommend me to any one needing a babysitter and how much business that would generate. I tell my parents I really don't want to babysit.

End of dream.
God bless
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Termites attacking my motorbike

Post by Jodi on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Dear Glad,

Here are my thoughts:

You persevered (pedaled when “motor” stuttered) even when it wasn’t easy (going up a steep hill) and you reached your destiny. You don’t want to stop a ministry (motor bike) because the ministry had accomplished so much or at least tried to accomplish so much (because the motor had worked so hard). [What powered the ministry? This is the motor.]

Take a curve, my bike falls down a ravine (deep pit), hits a rotten tree trunk (spiritually “dead” Christian?), huge termites come running out attacking my bike (multiple spiritual attacks?). After seeing all the termites (feeling overwhelmed), decide I will not get this bike back, I am going to buy a new one. (You’re still ministering but through a different ministry?)

I am half over the edge, try crawling back out, succeed, see this young plum tree (young Christian?) very close to the edge, hold on to its trunk marveling that it was so strong for being planted in such a unfavorable place and being still quite young. I question why my Dad (God), a gardener, would ever plant a tree here. (His ways are not our ways!)

A bunny is climbing up from the ravine, a termite (spiritual attack?) is attached to it, I flick it off (deliverance?) and the bunny takes off. (Bunnies reproduce - could represent someone who will be discipling others and spiritually reproducing.

Enter my parents house (not like in real life - so maybe your parents are symbolic of someone in authority over you whom you love and respect?), tell them the police (other persons in authority) had suggested I babysit (rather than do what you wanted to do?) and that they would recommend me to any one needing a babysitter and how much business that would generate. I tell my parents I really don't want to babysit. (What are you wanting to do instead of babysitting? This reminds me of an expression that teachers use. “I’m here to teach, not babysit.” - meaning sometimes others treat what we do as less important than what it is.)

The meanings I gave here just make sense to me. I’m not sure they’re from the Lord, so I’ve prayed that if this is wrong in any way that the Holy Spirit will give you discernment to reject any parts or even all of it. But if it does have truth, I pray that He’ll let that resonate with you. I don’t want His truth to be replaced by my ideas, so please pray before deciding what to believe.

- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I come into a full agreement with that...Amen~
thumbs Good Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:36 am

Hi Jodi
You really hit a nerve when you said "feeling overwhelmed". I do feel like I am under attack - the tree representing someone close to me. The termites are coming out of the tree - but I do understand that the termites can only affect me when I leave myself open for them to hurt me. What I see is that my "run in" with the rotten tree has triggered issues in my life that I need to take care of. With that the termites will have to leave. In that sense it would be a good thing not to save that motorbike but get a new one, one that the termites will not be able to attack!
The baby sitting thing, you asked a good question, it made me think and I now tend to believe that the police is NOT a good thing. I might have an authority issue I need to deal with - not sure which way, but I will pray into that./>Your interpretation has been extremely helpful, thank you so much!
God bless
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top