Possible Manifestation: Business Networking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Manifestation: Business Networking

Post by Paul RT on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 am

I was doing some networking at a meeting of a political party I used to be Secretary of.

I then attended a meeting addressed by GH (Senator for the ACT). He was giving a presentation about a death and the people he was addressing had to try and guess the cause of this death.

I was also meeting with some people who ran an aged or disability facility, making assessments of their occupational health and safety risks.

I also attended a business networking breakfast, talking to Phil White, a former politician I knew. We talked about how his rural property was going, including entertaining tourists. I suggested he consider aquaculture in his dams.

Last edited by Paul RT on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Possible Manifestation)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Manifestation: Business Networking

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Was this all in a dream?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Yes

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Are these activities you normally do in everyday life? I am not getting a revelation about what this dream pertains to, so take note, that this is me speaking in the flesh, OK? One thought would be that if these are NOT normally activities that you do, it seems that the theme running through each scenario is "drawing upon resources", be that human resources or natural resources. In the part where the man is giving information about death and causes of death, is the scenario like a medical examiner teaching a lecture to students to encourage deductive reasoning and knowledge of pathology, etc. ???
Do you have something about which you are questioning God and He is directing you to draw upon the resources and spiritual gifting of others, perhaps? Again, this is not HSI (Holy Spirit inspired) just me thinking outloud - so to speak.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi RnestseekR

These are the types of roles I've had in my professional career over the years.
I am seeking direction from God about where my career is headed right now, as there a number of opportunities to work in the employment or vocational training services in a prison.

My challenge is usually to wait on the Lord and not jump into a job in my own strength!

Thanks for your interest

In Jesus Name
Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:01 am

My challenge is usually to wait on the Lord and not jump into a job in my own strength!

I hear that! My husband and I are currently in the exact same position. His job will be ending the end of the month and we are totally lost as to what to do next. It is hard to wait for direction!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Were these separate events a sequence of images in the same dream? Was there any odd behavior or oddity in the settings for these places or were they very realistic? If it all is very realistic, it might be your mind reviewing where you've been in the life of your career as you ponder where you'll go next. But if there were any really strange behavior or strangeness to the settings or people (ie seemed very out of context), then the dream would seem to be from the Holy Spirit. What do you think? - Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Hmmmmm they were all sequences of the same dream. Nothing strange that I noticed, except that I haven't been called on to do those exact same roles, but some a little similar - field public relations/consulting for a bank, case managing unemployed people, delivering vocational training (general HR).

My pastor thinks I will be called to take on a new role, but previously I've gone after new positions.

I've ben a very independent minded person before, so maybe all my dreams are a means of God getting me sit down and listen.

Thanks for your interest RnestseekR and Jodi

thinking

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:19 pm

"He was giving a presentation about a death and the people he was addressing had to try and guess the cause of this death." Is this a normal topic for a Senator for the ACT to address? I'm not sure what the acronyms GH or ACT mean here, so maybe it is normal.

- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi Jodi

Sorry, GH are the initials for the name of the Senator. ACT stands for Australian Capital Territory (a federal jurisdiction surrounding Canberra, the national capital where I live).

No, this isn't a usual topic for a Senator to address - just a wierd dream I guess.

Thanks for your interest

Paul

duh

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:25 am

Just because it's weird doesn't make it not from God. Sometimes He uses a very strange image to focus our attention on it so we don't overlook it.

Once I was given a vision and then I heard "Hey, my children are starving." and "A million dollars didn't crash the meat to the ground." ("Meat crashing to the ground" seemed so weird I thought maybe I had just made that part up. I was sleepy as I was getting the vision.)

I prayed and still didn't understand. So, I painted the vision, showed it at church, told them of the weird things I had heard, and asked them to pray for understanding. Someone did get the interpretation.

"Meat crashing to the ground" was a reference to the quail that God sent from Heaven (meat crashing) to feed the Israelites in the desert. All their money (work efforts) did not provide them their sustenance. God is the one who provides, so we don't have to strive or worry about provision. (America's economy isn't strong right now and people are stressing out.)
This was a reassurance that God will provide.

Anyway, keep praying for understanding about the senator presenting facts about a death and his audience trying to discern the cause of this death. Maybe answering these questions will prompt understaning:

Were they trying to identify a safety risk so they could prevent other deaths by fixing the problems? (This seems to relate to the other scene with people "making assessments of their occupational health and safety risks.")

Were they trying to prevent spiritual deaths or physical deaths?

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Jodi
Good point, strange dreams can have valid meanings if they are from God.

In the dream they were physical deaths.

I've been having heaps of dreams and praying for discernment, but haven't had much clarity in their meanings quite yet.

I'm just recording them and posting them on this site and trusting that God will give me the answers somehow some day.

Thanks for your interest

In His Name

Paul

Scratch Chin

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:02 am

Paul,
Be encouraged! God will reveal the meanings to you or He wouldn't have shown you these things in the first place. He wants to communicate some things to you. He knows when you do or don't understand, so He can explain it when He's ready to. Your point about learning patience is a valid one. God does teach us this hard lesson. He also will sometimes stop sending dreams and visions for a time, to teach us that we don't have dreams and visions; He gives them and we just receive. Once we realize this, He lets us hear from Him again. It's hard not to hear from Him and it's hard not to understand the things we do hear. But He is in control and He does intend for you to understand the things He's been showing you, so He will make sure that you do understand in time for your life's purposes. I hope this helps.
- Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks Jodi

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:05 pm

I believe that this dream was God giving me confirmation of my career direction over the past 12 years or so.

This has involved case management of people with health issues, undertaking risk assessments and giving them career advice.

Two weeks ago I was promoted to a management role in this industry, and this posting is in a rural area.

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top