John the Baptist

View previous topic View next topic Go down

John the Baptist

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Last night i had a dream about John the baptist being thrown in prison. I knew that lady's daughter was going to ask for his head on a platter and the guards knew he was doomed as well. They called this rich jewish woman to come and visit him before he was put to death. I dont know her name, just that she was rich and had beautiful clothing. She was also very clean. She had a white covering draped over her head. She was running toward the prison John was in and screaming out the name "Jochum" over and over and over again. SHe was distraught beyond words. I understood that the name was Johns name but it was pronounced "Yokum". End of dream

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: John the Baptist

Post by butterfly on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:34 am

Hi Daphanie. I think the name Jochum is a person's last name. So Jochum is probably the Jewish form of John's last name or perhaps it is the Jewish form of the name John. Perhaps the name Jochum has a deeper meaning thinking

"The French and German surname of JOCHUM was from the Hebrew male given name YOKAKIM (God has granted a Son) which occurs in the Bible, and was also borne, according to Medieval legend by the father of the Virgin Mary"

http://www.4crests.com/jochum-coat-of-arms.html

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GEN-DE/1996-05/0833496659

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 pm

WOW butterfly! Thanks alot for doing the research! I googled it but couldnt find much. thats how i felt in the dream too. that Jochum was just the way they said Johns name. interesting....

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:44 pm

uh oh...where did your message go Lurdys? lol

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 pm

:huh:

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:10 pm

what I was going to say was more or less a repeat of what Butterfly had already stated.... lol!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 am

There may be more to the name Jochum in your dream. The meaning of the name Jochum may be extremely important. thinking

"The name Jochum is not the Jewish form of the name John. The name John is from the Hebrew name Yochanan (read below)

"JOHN

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: JAHN (English) [key]
English form of Iohannes, the Latin form of the Greek name Ιωαννης (Ioannes), itself derived from the Hebrew name יוֹחָנָן (Yochanan) meaning "YAHWEH is gracious". This name owes its popularity to two New Testament characters, both highly revered saints. The first was John the Baptist, a Jewish ascetic who was considered the forerunner of Jesus Christ. The second was the apostle John, who was also supposedly the author of the fourth Gospel and Revelation."

http://www.behindthename.com/name/john

I have to do more digging into this because I think there is more.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top