Pastor burning in the fire!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pastor burning in the fire!!

Post by toddld40 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 pm

I dreamed that I was standing with my pastor watching a little girl do her homework. The subject was something having to do with Africa.
A new friend spoke and said, " It is abbreviated "AAA"!" The little girl said, "What? I don't understand". And Jim, the new friend said, " Your subject is abbreviated 'AAA' !" And the little girl said, "oh, that's easy. I get it" (I don't recall what the abbreviation stood for...) Right then I heard a fire alarm go off. I realized that the little girl's building was on fire. I was next door to where we were. I looked up and saw the search and rescue flashlights searching for people in the building. I didn't see any fire, though. We found ourselves standing in the room where the fire was and I saw how the firemen were putting me in a green body bag. But I wasn't dead. It was full of water, also. I saw myself kicking and struggling to get out and right before they zipped up the bag where my face was, I was able to scream " Jim, the Pastor....!!!!" My pastor said, "It's ok. I am fine" (in other words he hadn't gotten hurt) from where I was standing outside myself, we all turned and looked and saw a pastor standing in the flames. He was not a very tall man. He had gray hair and a gray goatee. He was wearing black shorts and a light shirt, and had a chain and cross on his neck. His eyes were almost black. He had a very strange look on his face. It was like he was about to smirk. He wasn't struggling in the fire. He just stood there, looking very intently at us. The flames came up around him and he just disappeared. He didn't get consumed by the fire....he just disappeared.

toddld40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pastor burning in the fire!!

Post by Jodi on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:39 pm

You and your pastor are supervising a gir'l's homework (spiritual training?) and a new friend starts teachihg the little girl. The new friend wants to abbreviate the lesson - so maybe he is leaving out information that is important to her spiritual growth? The little girl didn't understand, so he repeated that the subject should be abbreviated. And the little girl said, "oh, that's easy. I get it".... - maybe abbreviating the lesson might be easier, but it might not be better, in terms of spiritual formation. The fire alarm went off right after the teaching by the stranger/ new friend.

Is there a new member who is teaching the children? If so, are you sure he is teaching biblical truth? Sometimes a well-meaning Christian who loves God can be mislead on some issue and then pass that misconception on to those they teach. I'm not sure that this is what it means, but pray about it in case.

- Jodi

Right then I heard a fire alarm go off.
I realized that the little girl's building was on fire.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:39 am

Your pastor situation in this dream reminded me of 3 biblical people

1. Enoch who was so strong in christ he didn't die but disappeared
2. Elijah who was taken up to heave on a fiery chariot
3. Shadrach Meshach and Abendego and how they were not consumed by the fire!

Is it possible that your dream was revealing the faith of your Pastor and his commitment to Christ?

As for you in the green body bag- something to pray about Because green and water both symbolize LIFE

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by toddld40 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Thank you so much for your replies!!!!
The part about this dream that was so alarming to me was the pastor in the fire (I guess also me being zipped up in a body bag when I wasn't dead). The thing is that my Pastor is a woman. And the look in this man's eyes was so weird. I felt while I was looking at him, in the dream, is that he didn't appear to be who he was portraying. I was worried about him, but he just stood there almost smiling and then disappeared.
I am just not sure about this!!!

toddld40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top