Dreams not from God?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams not from God?

Post by Brandy on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Can every dream be interpreted or just the dreams that are felt to be given to you by God. Is it possible that some of our everyday dreams could be warnings and revelations? When I have dreams, it seems as if I instantly know that God is trying to show me something--I feel it in my spirit(sometimes before I even wake). I am not that good at interpreting them but I pray and sometimes I don't understand them until something happens and then I will think "that's what that dream meant". An example of this is a dream I had about handicap children. In my dream I was led into a building by these seemingly familiar people that are in many of my dreams. The building was very tall with red brick and no windows. Once entering, for some reason I felt an overwhelming feeling that I was in heaven. These people told me that God had put me and my husband over these children. I looked around and noticed that all the children were handicapped. In my dream, I thought "this can't be heaven because there are no handicap people in heaven. But still I could feel the heavenly feeling. Me and my husband lived here. I remember his parents coming to visit. We went outside and walked with them. There were gardens. Amazing gardens where the plants were giant like--big as the building. There were these people climbing ladders and picking grapes and vegetables and smiling. We went in from our walk and that was pretty much the end of the dream. I prayed and prayed about this dream with no confirmation. The dream always stayed with me in the back of my mind. A while later I had an unexpected pregancy but what a blessing( was going to have a hysterectomy that next month). After two months my precious baby boy started having seizures. I will not go into the whole story, but nonetheless he ended up being handicapped. Being told by a friend(also brought to me by God by another friend), I learned about a school that helped handicapped children. It has horse therapy, swim therapy, and many other handicapped children. I was very excited about finding a school that could help my child, but I was VERY scared to leave my handicapped child that could not talk and tell me if there was anything wrong. The school was also ran by a completely different denomination than I was used to.I fretted over this over and over until I decided to go and check out the school. When I got to the school, there it was---the large brick building with no windows. I knew then that God was showing me WAY before the time what I should do. How comforting to have such a loving God. I then realized I was not in heaven in the dream, but it was the anointing of God I was feeling. He was showing me that this was anointed by God so that I would not spend the rest of my days worrying. And indeed he put me and my husband over a handicap child which later brought the love and joy of many other handicap children into our lives through this school. I still do not know what the garden symbolizes or the gigantic fruits and vegetables but I do feel this dream was from God. But what about the everyday dreams that we have that does not feel of great importance? Can an insignificant dream be more than what it appears to be? I know there are some very annointed and gifted people here so I feel comfortable asking those that are more in touch with their gifts. Anybody with that knowledge please let me know. God bless.

Brandy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams not from God?

Post by Jodi on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Some dreams are just dreams. Usually the ones from God are so unlike the ones you would normally have. I think He likes to do that so we'll recognize that it is from Him. I find that His are very symbolic.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top