My husband died

Go down

My husband died

Post by exo152 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:31 pm

I had the most horrible dream early this morning. I dreamed I was seated with a large group of people in the funeral home and we were all talking. My husband had just died and I am guessing we were there planning his funeral. I didn't focus on anyone there, just my mother, who was telling how she and my father were in church when someone came and got them and gave them the news. I told someone that he had been complaining of chest pains, but when I told him we should see a doctor he would say, "it isn't anything".
Apparently, there was some sort of graduation (for me) planned on Dec. 5th (for some reason that date stood out), and it was coming up the next week. Someone asked if we were still going to have it and I reasoned that we may was well. That seemed to be the time in the dream that it hit me my husband was really gone and I began crying in my dream. Someone else made a remark that it was time I cried, as I had been in shock up to that time.
The next scene of the dream was at my house, (but it wasn't my house in real life). There were people there too, I am thinking my children. It was hitting me hard that my husband wasn't going to be coming home and a lot was going to change. I stood on a stool and was adjusting a shelf when my husband appeared beside me, helping me with the shelf, telling me to be careful. Then later he appeared again as I was sitting on the couch and we were talking. I told him I knew he was happy now, in the presence of the Lord. After which he says, I will be when I get there, but first I have to go to hell and deal with the devil over something.
That was pretty much the dream. It felt very real and my sadness was overwhelming.
exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My husband died

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello, Exo -

I don't have much to say on this dream, but I'll just throw a few questions out there I hopes that you'll see a connection between the dream and something going on in real life:

The setting of the funeral home can be about being in a place (spiritually, emotionally) where you're dealing with something coming to an end in your life and the lives of those around you.

It was your husband in the dream, but I just want to say that that doesn't mean this dream is at all literal for him - if you had a worry about that. He can be symbolic for someone or something that is especially close or personal to you that has come to an end.

There's the comment about the chest pains and your advice to see a doctor: Is there someone or, perhaps, an area of your life that stands out where you've been trying to give good advice to someone that has expressed discomfort or pain? The chest pain can be about a heart/emotional issue. Of course, given the rest of the dream, this person or these people (if this relates to a group) very likely wouldn't be receptive to what you're saying.

Now, I'll add that it's possible that you haven't come to realize the full impact of this loss at this time, since there was a moment in your dream where you eventually did go through that experience. This "thing" may have come to an end (or may come, if this is about the future), but you haven't fully felt the loss.

The last bits where you're at "home" aren't too clear to me. It just seems that you were comforted and advised during this period where you made adjustments. It was also revealed to you that there's a trial to go through before you also get to enter into peace and rest.
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo152 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:46 am

Thank you Mark for the insight. I have mulled over your words for the last couple of weeks and they helped me to understand the dream. As always, it seems my dreams relate to church. My grieving is over the loss of our former church (it recently merged with a larger one). And it does seem as if it hits me fresh sometimes that our wonderful smaller church is really gone, swallowed up in a large, program filled, sometimes indifferent-feeling group. As for the part of where I was standing on the stool trying to adjust the shelf, I realize that is me, trying to adjust and "fix" some of the programs in the newly merged church that are out of sinc. I believe that was a warning to back off because I could get "fall and get hurt". Even though there are definite areas in the new church that need adjustment, it isn't my place to do so alone (it is going to take prayer and help from the pastor). And when I was sitting taking to "my husband" (who I now realize was the pastor), I made the comment about him basically having everything to make him happy now (was with God). I now understand that on the outside it looks as if everything has really come together for our pastor, but in reality he still has many battle to fight in this new arena.
Again, thank you for the insight. I have been deeply unsure about this new phase, and even grieving over the loss, but this dream gave me direction, and a warning and even understanding.
exo152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down