Brushing My Teeth / Old Lady Behind Me

Go down

Brushing My Teeth / Old Lady Behind Me

Post by ispeaktheword on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:18 am

Hello,

I was in a bathroom looking in the mirror brushing my teeth. I kept brushing and brushing. I noticed Fran from work was standing behind me a little distance away brushing her teeth with an electric toothbrush. I thought about using my electric brush too but felt like I’d be a copy cat, so I continued to brush with my regular brush. I didn’t feel any kind of way. EOD

IRL Fran is my co worker. She is an old woman of 70. Her body is frail and full of ailments and pain. For the past couple of years I have been dealing with ailments. I’ve been standing and speaking the word of God for healing in my body. I’m trying to understand the meaning of Fran in my dream. I know her name means Free but is there something the Lord is trying to tell me? She’s using an electric brush, I’m using a regular brush?? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword
ispeaktheword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brushing My Teeth / Old Lady Behind Me

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:19 am

Here's a few thoughts on your dream, ispeaktheword -

The first thing I want to say is that people in our dreams oftentimes aren't literal...so, I wouldn't put too much focus on your coworker.

Teeth in dreams can mean a variety of things, but I don't see this dream so much as focusing on teeth - or even the act of brushing them.

Your dream, in simplest terms, is of you looking at yourself (in the mirror) while performing a fairly routine - yet necessary - task for yourself.  Looking at yourself in the mirror can be significant, as that can be about some self-examination/evaluation.

So, here's the part that stands out to me:  You were performing the task a certain way.  Then, you saw someone else doing the same task (also for themselves or in their own life), but it was the way that they were doing it that stood out to you.  She used an electric toothbrush, and you recognized that you could have done the same thing - you had an electric toothbrush, too, and it wouldn't have been a bad idea to use it if you wished.

Here's the thing:  Your motivation to keep on doing the task as you were was that you didn't want to be a copycat if you changed it up.

Is there anything in your waking life where being perceived by others as being a copycat has kept you from changing the way you approach something?

In your dream, you actually owned an electric toothbrush - so you could have changed things up.  In your waking life, you may already be equipped to change up your approach, if you wish to.

A final thought:  Of the two approaches to brushing your teeth (manual vs. electric toothbrush), does one have an advantage over the other?  Is one more effective?  Does one make it easier on you?  These are really just questions for you to consider about whatever the task is that you're looking at.
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:39 am

Hey Mark!

Thank you for responding to my dream. You’ve given me good information to chew on. You always help me to see my dreams from a different perspective and I appreciate that.

The Fran symbol is still throwing me off. I get that it’s about what she’s doing but why Fran and not someone else? I know two people named Fran, why was this Fran used and not the other? I know you’re like let it go! Lol!  

There is something that I think about doing but I haven’t done it because I don’t want to do what everyone else is doing. I want to be set apart and unique, so I’m constantly trying to figure out how to be different and it involves social media. That’s the only thing I can think of that relates to the “copy cat” mind set.

But once again, thank you so much for the detailed response.

Blessings
ispeaktheword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:45 pm

I'll add one thing about Fran -

How you felt about seeing her in the dream is how you should feel regarding who they represent in real life. So, if the feelings line up with how you feel about the literal person, then she may very well be literal in the dream - if the actions in the dream line up as well.

I don't believe I've ever had a dream (well, maybe just one...) where the meaning of a person's name was significant to the dream; but, I do know that God does speak to people that way, so if that's a common theme in your dreams, then don't discount it just because my experiences are different!
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Hello,

My only thought in the dream when I saw her was, why is she here? Then the thought about the electric toothbrush. Thank you for the info and for helping me work through this dream.

Blessings
ispeaktheword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down