Man In Trench Coat Had a Gun

Go down

Man In Trench Coat Had a Gun

Post by ispeaktheword on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 am

Hello,

Me my husband and two children were in a dark room. It seemed like my daughter was asleep (name means hope & faith). Me, my husband and our son (name means God fearing) were looking out the window. It was dark outside. A black man with a tan trench coat was walking on the back porch.

The man started walking away down the stairs and I yelled out for him not to come back here anymore. Then I said to my husband, “Say something so that he knows a man lives here”. So my husband said something but it wasn’t strong and firm (irl, my husband is very confident and not afraid to confront someone). When the man in the trench coat heard my husbands voice, he turned around and pulled out a gun or a long rifle. Me and my son came out of the window and onto the floor. I thought shots were going to be fired and I hoped my daughter would not get hit.

My husband smiled and was like “aww come on man” as to say, ok you got me. He raised his hands like a surrender and I saw a bright light shining on him from outside of the window. He just stood there with his hands raised and the light shining on him. EOD

Blessings,
Ispeaktheword
ispeaktheword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man In Trench Coat Had a Gun

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 am

Hello, ispeaktheword -

If you dreamed that you were in a dark room while there was darkness outside as well...to me, this could be an area of your lives (you and your family) that seems "without light" - that is, something negative, causing your fear or where hope seems faint.

In this place, you recognized some kind of threat (the trench coat man). Seeing this man through a window, to me, is to see this approaching threat prophetically. In the natural, you probably don't see this threat, yet. Having this dream as a forewarning can be what the view through the window represents.

I can't say what the right way is to deal with this threat, but I do want to draw attention to a detail from your dream: The man approached the house, walked around, and then started to walk away down the stairs. I don't want this to be taking the wrong way, but it's possible that the threat will come and go on its own if a confrontation isn't forced.

I can't guess what the threat is. The man in the dream was armed with a gun, and in most of my dreams where guns are involved, they're usually representative of words: threats or arguments, something like that.

If the dream manifests with the shots being fired (symbolically), your response should be similar concern for others like you had for your daughter in the dream (that she would not be affected).

Your husband's response should also be how he responds in real life - more of a position of surrender to (or even acknowledgement/agreement with) the threat or accusation. I'm not sure how you felt about the light in the dream, but I don't feel that it's a bad thing. We are supposed to be lights in the darkness. We may be placed in situations where we stand out or have attention put on us. Even if it's a situation where sin is involved, it's ultimately better to have the Light shone on that area.

Finally - and I want to stress the importance of this: I would not be so sure that the dream is about your literal family - especially since your husband's personality in the dream does not match how he is in real life. This could very well be about a different body of people that you're connected to, like other relatives or your church family. If there is someone who stands out to you that better matches the personality of your husband in the dream, that may help identify the area of your life to which this dream applies.
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi Mark!

Thank you yet again for such a detailed response.

I do believe this dream is about my family and in particular my husband because of the dreams I had before this one and after.

My question is, do you think the man in the trench coat is a negative or positive symbol?

I question this because, it seemed like he was looking for my husband. He didn’t respond to me but as soon as my husband said something the gun was pointed at him. The man didn’t shoot him but seemed to have shined a light on him. I’ve read that guns sometimes represent authority. I’ve been praying for hubs to surrender to the Lord. He’s been running a long time.. Any thoughts?

Blessings
ispeaktheword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:13 pm

ispeaktheword wrote:My question is, do you think the man in the trench coat is a negative or positive symbol?

In the context of this dream, I think that the man in the trench coat is a negative symbol. The reason I say this is based upon your response to him in the dream. If he were something positive, you wouldn't have acted toward him in the way that you did.

That said, the man can represent a negative situation that is used to bring about a change in your husband. Like you added, the man didn't end up shooting your husband; instead, he shined a light on him (I didn't realize that the man was the source of this light from the initial post). So, this can be a potentially negative or threatening situation with a positive outcome since it brought about a surrendering response from your husband.
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Thank you. You’ve made some good points. I appreciate your response.

Blessings
ispeaktheword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down