Old, worn out shoes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old, worn out shoes

Post by manicmusician on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:30 am

In this dream last night, my ex-fiance had returned to me. IRL, I still love her very deeply, and in this dream that love was strong. There was, naturally, a bit of a coldness and awkwardness about the situation, an unsettledness, perhaps, but she had returned to me nonetheless.

She was sitting in a chair in the dining room putting on a pair of shoes. IRL, this pair of shoes is mine, and is the pair I was wearing when I proposed, but in the dream, I recognized this pair of shoes as a pair I had bought for her. They were worn out, scuffed, the leather on top so worn that it had pretty much sueded. I said "That's the pair of shoes I bought for you." She replied, "Yeah. It's the only pair I have. I threw all of my other shoes away."

My first thought was how bad her other shoes must be to throw them away and keep this beat-up pair, and then I thought "I need to go buy her some new shoes."

Thanks and God bless.

manicmusician

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old, worn out shoes

Post by lola21st on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 pm

what is your relationship with her IRL now?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by manicmusician on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Right now...estranged.

Her family is out of a "Christian" cult, and still has strains of it in their thinking and beliefs. On the morning last June when she was to fly here to stay for our wedding (she's in CA, I'm in NC), they scared her to death emotionally, turned her on me, sent her away to Oregon to some like-minded friends to hide her from me and re-indoctrinate her in the family way of thinking.

I've made repeated overtures, as have some influential friends, but she is cold, callous, and says she desires nothing to do with me. My contact with her has been EXTREMELY minimal since this all began. Really, she went from calling me the "best thing to ever happen in her life" to disappearing, and literally overnight.

It has been very painful, yet I still believe she carries my rib.

manicmusician

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 pm

MM:
I have spoken to you on this matter before. I know that your heart yearns for her but you must continue to pray for her and also for yourself for breaking of all evil agreements and soul ties. I am praying for you my son.

watchman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:08 am

Shoes are also part of a prophecy spoken over me, so as I was reading a book I came across a meaning that resonated with me. Maybe it will for you too. Shoes don't always mean this, but they might.

§ One of the pieces of the armor of God is a pair of shoes. They symbolize "preparation of the gospel of peace," for "surefootedness in battle," and for "my walk with God." As this might fit your dream, you might become discouraged that she's wearing an old pair. Notice that they are your shoes and not the ones that her family gave her to wear and that she is not barefooted. Maybe they are beat up/ worn out because she's using them

§ Offered Prayer: Dear God, I pray for Manicmusician's ex-fiancee's "shoes" to be renewed by Christ Himself and for Him to set her free to walk in Your ways unhindered. If it is Your will for these two to be together, then I also pray for You to restore her to him. Please, Lord, minister to his hurting heart during this time. There is a sense of waiting and deeply wanting to know about our loved one's spiritual condition, and sometimes the wait is long. So, Lord, please also help Manicmusician replace his loving anxiety for her with an abiding trust in Your love for both him and his loved one. I pray this in Jesus' holy and loved name, amen.

§ We're called to pray for our enemies. Her family is the enemy of her spiritual walk. But, they love her and think they are doing what’s right for her. Have you yet prayed to bless her family with revelation of Truth about Who God is? Pray as many blessings into her family as you can. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you pray rightly and not in a manipulative fashion (a common danger when praying for an enemy) for them. This is spiritual warfare that might be part of God's plan to set, not only her, but also her family free. Your intense love for her might be God's way of calling you into this particular battle for His Kingdom.

§ I hope it’s OK with you that I am adding you and this situation to my prayer list. I will rejoice with you when I hear that she and her family are free! God is an awesome God Who can do the seemingly impossible. I praise Him now for how He is working in her and them already. Amen.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by manicmusician on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Jodi...By all means, thank you for adding it to your prayer list.

Jodi and watchman...Your prayers are appreciated more than you know. More than you will ever know.

I've done all in the situation that I know to do, and I've laid it all, her, the future that I'm confident God has promised me, my heart and my love for her, the pain and turmoil, the damage this has done to my life and that of others, and I've laid it on the altar. I sacrifice it to Him, confident that He, Himself, will provide my purposed future.

manicmusician

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 pm

wow. i got really excited when i read this dream. i dont understand it fully, but i believe in my heart its a good thing. lol I keep thinking :"SHE THREW AWAY ALL HER OTHER SHOES, PRAISE GOD!!!" there are things in her life that she has thrown out because they arent good enough nor fit to wear. Ive often seen shoes as symbolic for relationships. they are a pair, they go together. What she has chosen over all the others, is something you feel needs to be renewed. Could it be your relationship with her? Or where she's at right now in her life? Im sorry i dont have an interpretation. I do feel very happy though that she threw all those other shoes away and has yours. It could be symbolic for her walk with Christ. Like the other religion isnt fitting or something and at least she's trying what she learned from you...does that make sense. lol sorry for babbling. please pray on what i've said.
blessings,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by manicmusician on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Thanks for the insights Daphanie. I'm praying for full understanding. Many of your thoughts are similar to what I've been sensing from this dream.

manicmusician

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Manicmusician -

I sensed the same as you and Daph but have struggled because I couldn't tell if she was choosing Christ or your relationship (or both for that matter). Continue to pray for full understanding, the Lord will reveal it in His timing.

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top