Dream of Colorful Turtles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of Colorful Turtles

Post by pink_dahlia on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello...last night I had an odd dream but I know it has a specific meaning to it. I dreamt that my husband and I we living in a new home. Someone came to visit (I don't remember who) and when I opened the door, I saw turtles in a pond. I was happy to see these turtles, yelling to my son to come see them. These turtles ranged from large to very small. They each also had their own color almost as if they were painted (red, green, blue, yellow, & white are what I can remember). Each time I opened my front door, they were closer and were crawling all over one another. Someone who had come to visit took the smallest one and tossed it over their shoulder jokingly and killed it (it's head looked like it was sliced off). It hurt me to see that. I don't remember much else but hat these turtles stood out. Can someone help me with this? I'm reading different things and I really want to understand it. Thank you.

pink_dahlia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of Colorful Turtles

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Hello, Pink Dahlia -

I believe that the setting (living in a new home) is to show you that this is about an area of your life where you're doing something new - and likely something where your whole family is affected. It could be a literal new home, a new church (or part thereof), or some family activity - just to give some examples.

The turtles could represent a lot of things: Anything from people to ideas. I believe that this line - "I was happy to see these turtles, yelling to my son to come see them" - is key to you recognizing what they symbolize. In your waking life, it should be something that makes you feel similarly happy. It's probably something that you'd also like your son to share in.

The different, unique colors of the turtles is to show you the individuality of whatever they represent. People would fit for that...but so can an idea, a prophetic word, music, etc.

"Each time I opened my front door, they were closer and were crawling all over one another." I feel that this line shows that this is something that becomes closer - or more familiar - the more you "open the door" to connect with it.

Finally, the person who jokingly tossed the turtle, killing it, isn't about literal death or injury. I would view the action as someone who shows disregard towards this thing that makes you happy, dismissing one of them in a way that ruins it. If the turtles represent people, it could be something that they say that negatively affects the person. If the turtles represent an idea (or something similarly intangible), than it's their insensitive response to it that quenches that idea.

Is there anything in your waking life right now that fits this dream? If not, this could be something yet to come.
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dahlia on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Yes there are several new things taking place. I started a business in August. I've also began working as a Youth Leader in my new church (just over a year and a half at this church) and we're doing some new things within the Youth Department, which is also new for the church. My husband and I are looking to own a home by June as well. I really appreciate the gift God has given you. Thank you! I am just in a new place in my life.

pink_dahlia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:40 pm

I'll just follow up by saying that my first thoughts were that the turtles were about Youth, and I almost asked if you were involved in Youth ministry...but I didn't want to force a meaning if the dream could have applied elsewhere.

If you are looking for your son to share in your enthusiasm for the youth ministry, your interaction with him in the dream would fit for that.

I'll finish by returning to the smallest turtle: I would suggest being prayerfully watchful for someone in the youth ministry being "hurt" - it could be words someone says in jest that they take to heart.

Turtles are such a great symbol for youth! "Coming out of their shells" is an appropriate analogy!
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pink_dahlia on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Wow! Thank you! I'm definitely going to pray about the one that could potentially be hurt. I understand it so much better!

pink_dahlia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top