A Spirit Of Fear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Spirit Of Fear

Post by v3ryan on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:02 pm

I had a dream last night that I believe is heavily symbolic. I also believe I have a fairly accurate interpretation of the dream, but I thought I'd share it in case anyone saw anything else that I might not have seen.

I dreamt I was home, and it was night out, and most of the lights in the house were off, but I had a strange fear of the dark on me that I don't feel in real life. There was a pastor I know who was laying down on my couch and I extended my hand towards him in order to try to get the Peace of God in my life that he had on his. When I went to bed myself in the dream, I felt this weird presence at the base of my spine, this presence was very unpleasant and was trying to inflict me with something, felt like a very strong stiffness, but not painfull. I remember thinking, "Spirit Of Fear" so in the dream, I commanded the spirit of fear to leave in Jesus' Name. I said it three times, and each time I said it, the fear would gradually be replaced by peace, but the strange sensation on my spine would also increase in what seemed to be a type of retaliation. After I said it the third time I woke up.

The interpretation seems very straightforward to me. The house and the rooms seem to represent myself, or parts of myself. The darkness and the fear that came with it is my anxiety. Although I have not been diagnosed (nor tested for that matter) with an anxiety disorder, I do, on a frequent basis, feel that I'm not doing things right, or hearing God right, or something along those lines, or I'll worry about things at work or stuff like that.

I think the pastor I saw laying on the couch in the dark, and me wanting to share the same peace he has may represent my desire to have the same level of peace a believer in Jesus should have. He was laying on the couch in the dark, but he didn't seem to be worrying about anything. I also had another dream later on the same night of this pastor on a rollercoaster on the fair. The ride was going every direction and orientation imaginable, but he was having fun, wasn't afraid at all.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of sound mind, yet in the dream, there seemed to be a literal spirit trying to inflict fear on me that I had to cast out. As for the base of my spine, I'm not 100% certain of that.

Anyways, those are my thoughts, if anyone sees anything else I may have overlooked I welcome your comments, God Bless. :)

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top