Missing wedding shoes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing wedding shoes

Post by vlsjohn82 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:20 am

I had a dream where I was going to my wedding. I recall shaving my face in the mirror and I can see that my eyes are missing, but I can still see what I am doing. I'm going through my closet and I'm having a hard time finding the right clothes to wear. I then start searching for my shoes. Everyone is downstairs in the car waiting for me and I start going ballistic looking all over my closet and unable to find my shoes. Then the dream ended.

I've been a married man for 7 years now. I have 2 kids with my wife. I recall my wedding day pretty vividly as I was very much involved in the details of it. So I was pretty confused and distressed when I had this dream. The screaming and crying over not finding my shoes in the dream actually woke me up. I've had to make some difficult financial decisions in our household in the last 2 weeks which have not bode well for my wife. She simply did not understand what was going on and after explaining it to her several times, I now have blind support from her. However, her attitude and temperament toward me is unsettling.

vlsjohn82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing wedding shoes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:18 am

vlsjohn82 wrote:I had a dream where I was going to my wedding. I recall shaving my face in the mirror and I can see that my eyes are missing, but I can still see what I am doing. I'm going through my closet and I'm having a hard time finding the right clothes to wear. I then start searching for my shoes. Everyone is downstairs in the car waiting for me and I start going ballistic looking all over my closet and unable to find my shoes. Then the dream ended.

Seeing yourself in the mirror is about self-realization. You were able to see that you were missing your eyes. This should represent an area of your life where you realize that you're unable to see something in the natural. It's worth pointing out that you were not blind (which would mean something else); you just lacked the tools in the natural to be able to see or, perhaps, discern. It could even represent having to deal with something by faith or not being able to see the outcome in advance.

The rest of your dream is about your struggle to find clothes and your shoes. Clothing can be about being anointed or equipped for something. Shoes are similar, and have added symbolism about having the peace to do something.

You've shared a couple things about your waking life where you are anxious/don't have peace. When we have dreams like this that don't end with resolution (finding your shoes), they're still meant to be comfort and direction from God. It's one way He tells us that he knows where we are - and that we can (continue to) seek him while we're in the situation.

Finally - the situation of the dream (going to your wedding) may not necessarily be about your literal marriage. A wedding can represent something else from your waking life that's a huge commitment or significant relationship - even a business one. To know what the dream's speaking about, consider your feelings throughout the dream and match them to where you feel that way in an area of your waking life.
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top