Driving through storm damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Driving through storm damage

Post by auangl1 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Last night I dreamed I stopped at a convenience store to pick up my daughter and my sister. As I was waiting for them outside, I noticed that a vegetable stand had been covered by a black tarp and what was left of the seasons vegetables were on a table next to a covered counter where the store owner was minding the register.
I decided to buy a tomato and something else, I don't know what the second item was. The vendor said the price was $3.80. I ran to my car and grabbed a $5 bill from my purse that was in the middle of 2 one dollar bills.
As I handed the man the bill, he held it up as if to show it to someone standing behind me. As my sister and daughter finally came out of the store, it started to rain again (the pavement was wet where it had rained earlier but had stopped). I told them we needed to get home as it had already come a bad storm earlier in the day and I wanted to be home in case another one was forecasted. I was not anxious or scared, just determined to get home.

We had not driven very far when we saw the first signs of the damage. There was a tree lying across both sides of the road with just enough room to zig zag through to the other side. There were tree limbs breaking off and on as I drove past and on the opposite side of my lane coming from the other direction, a yellow school bus was caught in powerlines that were breaking and sparking. There was also a powder blue pickup truck tangled in the same lines. As I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw another school bus and thought to myself, "That bus is going to get caught in the same lines and be in the same predicament." I don't know why I didn't look to see if the bus had made it but I just kept driving. I decided to take a side road that I thought would get us home faster though we ended up in someones driveway. As I was backing out to turn around, a man that had been standing on the outside of the house ran up to the car and started talking to me and as he did, it began to rain harder. I couldn't understand what he was saying as he seemed to be somewhat mentally delayed. He smiled and waved as I drove off and I stopped at another house to pick up my daughter's baby (She already had 2 so this was an additional) who was about 1 year to 18 months old. She was tired and cranky and I said, "I know baby, we are halfway there. It won't take much longer." As we drove off again, I got behind a 3rd school bus. There was a small side road that I took that would allow me to get in front of the bus so I wouldn't get stuck behind it in the rain. As I yielded to make sure there was no traffic, I saw the headlights reflected off the embankment (It was dusk by this time) so I knew the bus was slowed down by the hill. My daughter says to me at that moment, "This is where it gets dangerous." I continued driving and prayed out loud: "Jesus, please get us home safely." This is where I woke up...

auangl1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Driving through storm damage

Post by owen on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi
It seems like a warning dream
The road may represents your life journey with your family. You are driving the car means you are the one leading them. Are you going through circumstances that may also affect your family?
owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by auangl1 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:31 am

It has been a really tough year. 6 weeks after my marriage fell apart, my mother passed away. Since then, my dad has been diagnosed with cancer and my job has become unstable in the last 3 weeks. Thank you for your response!

auangl1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top