Visting a Church and Scissors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visting a Church and Scissors?

Post by blessed1 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:44 am

I recently dreamt my family and I were serving at a church that was not ours. I think we were helping the children there, doing a craft or something. I teach Sunday school IRL. When we were getting ready to leave, I remember walking through this very large church and thinking it was nice and the people were sweet, but it was not our denomination. My family had gone to wait for me in the car and as I was walking to the car, which seemed like a long walk across dirt and grass, I noticed I had a pair of scissors in my hand that I had used in the children's class. I didn't want to walk all the way back to return them, but I didn't want to just keep them, so I threw them on the ground. As I kept walking toward the car, I found two more pairs of scissors that were smaller and I picked them up. I was almost to the car when I thought "they aren't going to miss those scissors" and so I ran back and picked up the scissors I had thrown on the ground. It seems my family was getting impatient waiting on me as I ran to pick them up. I remember they were dirty when i picked them up, too.

IRL, we've been talking about trying out some different churches that suit our two children's needs better than the one we've attended for many years. I think the dream may be related to this and the scissors could represent "cutting ties" maybe? Any thoughts?

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Visting a Church and Scissors?

Post by dreamster on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 pm

yes i can see your association with that,, could the scissors represent something that youre still holding onto from that church, scissors can represent the word of god, is there a word you have let go of? scratching chin something become unclean?

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Thank you, dreamster! I think what I'm holding onto is my position as an elementary Sunday school teacher. I feel like they would be in a bit of a bind if I left as I've been in that position for so long now. My two kids don't want to leave the church, since they've been there since they were babies. But we feel they need more than what they're getting from the youth ministry there. Not sure about a word I've let go of or anything unclean. I will pray on it. Thanks again!

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:28 pm

ok, dirty scissors could represent a tainted theology in a general sense, probly doesnt apply in this case, a sense of obligation you feel scratching chin ,,yep ur kids would feel like uprooted young plants, nerd ,,and the long term connection provides a security, but as parents you have to progress them from milk to meat, as in the natural.

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top