Alligator biting my hand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alligator biting my hand

Post by happiness80 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:14 pm

I had a dream where I was in a unfamiliar house, the house was flooded and I was there with my older brother and 8 year old daughter next to me, we're standing in an area where the water is shallow. A alligator then swims up and gets his mouth around my hand, he tries to pull me into the deeper part of the water, I tell my brother to help me and he casually says "just hit it on the nose". He's not worried or really concerned. In the dream I feel the struggle between me and this alligator as it tries to pull me and I'm pulling away from it. I know if it gets me into deeper water, it will eat me. I can feel the tension between us (although its not hurting me) I start hitting its nose with my other free hand and slowly feel I'm getting away. Finally the Alligator looks stunned and swims away. I quickly grab my daughter relieved she's not hurt and glad for her safety.

I know Alligators are negative, Im wondering why it gets its mouth over my hand though. I had a sense it was drawing me slowing towards the deep water and I struggled with it but finally overcame it.

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alligator biting my hand

Post by Joshua116 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:37 pm

hi

are there any problems that you have with your brother or daughter?

Joshua116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:12 pm

[quote="Joshua116"]hi

are there any problems that you have with your brother or daughter?

Thanks for your thoughts - No actually my brother is a strong Christian so I wondered if he might be symbolic for the holy spirit as he always speaks wisdom to me and our family.
My daughter is 8 and Im not having any problems with her

I wondered if the alligator trying to pull me out to the deeper water spoke of temptation or the enemy trying to draw me away with his lies. Im not sure why he would be biting and pulling me by my hand though

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua116 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:16 pm

if there is no current temptations then look out for future ones

that's the only reasonable thing i can say about it

Joshua116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:30 pm

it really sounds like spiritual conflict, watch for something that is enticeing, or trying to draw you away, :hairraising: your big brother represents jesus, giveing your clear instruction on what to do, remember luke 10;19. soldier referee ,,a great dream showing confrontation, revelation and victory, woohoo

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:01 am

dreamster wrote:it really sounds like spiritual conflict, watch for something that is enticeing, or trying to draw you away, :hairraising: your big brother represents jesus, giveing your clear instruction on what to do, remember luke 10;19. soldier referee ,,a great dream showing confrontation, revelation and victory, woohoo

Thanks again D! Always nice to hear from you! I think you hit it on the head because these were my thoughts exactly, I feel like my brother saying that casually perhaps speaks about the lord already knowing I can defeat whatever it is the enemy is trying to do.

Will def watch for future attacks thanks for the scripture!

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:02 am

Joshua116 wrote:if there is no current temptations then look out for future ones

that's the only reasonable thing i can say about it

Thank you, I will def be alert!

Stay blessed

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Alligators have big mouths. The temptation could be gossip or being involved in it somehow. When we give into temptation, it could very well gobble us up. The phrase "deeper water" makes me think of drowning. So, maybe you'll see if you give in you will feel like your drowning in the aftermath.
Also, it might not necessarily be temptation alone. The alligator might also represent a person who could tempt you into gossiping or listening to gossip or some other sun.
Since an alligator has a big mouth, it might also mean someone or you speaking openly about private matters that should be kept private, which might have to do with the flood and the unfamiliar house.
Floods could mean trouble or destruction. You're in an unfamiliar house. Houses could sometime represent people (we're houses or temples for the Holy Spirit). The fact that it's unfamiliar could show you the temptation might have to do with another person. If it's a person, the flood is their personal problem that they might show you. Then, the temptation could be to tell someone when you shouldn't. Giving in might pull you deeper into a real big problem. Also, when I think of the word unfamiliar, I think this conflict might not have to do with someone you are NOT intimately involved with, for example, an acquaintance or co-worker.
Punching it in the nose, the nose is obviously symbolic. I'll have to look into it.
As you can see, I was trying to find the interp as I was typing.
Another possibilty is you are helping someone with their problems and temptation (alligator) and begin to face the temptation yourself. I think it was Paul, but in an epistle it says that when helping someone with a temptation or sin struggle, to make sure you don't fall into sin yourself.
I'm trying to see it from all angles.
If anything resonates take it, but what doesn't fit plz toss.
You might not be prone to gossiping (if that's the temptation), but anyone could be tempted with anything. Jesus was really tempted but the temptation is never a reflection of the one who is being tempted, but rather the tempter.
Your struggle with the alligator shows the strength of the temptation. God is showing you that you should be afraid, because you can win and God will provide a way out (punching the nose).

Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 am

Jasmine wrote:Alligators have big mouths. The temptation could be gossip or being involved in it somehow. When we give into temptation, it could very well gobble us up. The phrase "deeper water" makes me think of drowning. So, maybe you'll see if you give in you will feel like your drowning in the aftermath.
Also, it might not necessarily be temptation alone. The alligator might also represent a person who could tempt you into gossiping or listening to gossip or some other sun.
Since an alligator has a big mouth, it might also mean someone or you speaking openly about private matters that should be kept private, which might have to do with the flood and the unfamiliar house.
Floods could mean trouble or destruction. You're in an unfamiliar house. Houses could sometime represent people (we're houses or temples for the Holy Spirit). The fact that it's unfamiliar could show you the temptation might have to do with another person. If it's a person, the flood is their personal problem that they might show you. Then, the temptation could be to tell someone when you shouldn't. Giving in might pull you deeper into a real big problem. Also, when I think of the word unfamiliar, I think this conflict might not have to do with someone you are NOT intimately involved with, for example, an acquaintance or co-worker.
Punching it in the nose, the nose is obviously symbolic. I'll have to look into it.
As you can see, I was trying to find the interp as I was typing.
Another possibilty is you are helping someone with their problems and temptation (alligator) and begin to face the temptation yourself. I think it was Paul, but in an epistle it says that when helping someone with a temptation or sin struggle, to make sure you don't fall into sin yourself.
I'm trying to see it from all angles.
If anything resonates take it, but what doesn't fit plz toss.
You might not be prone to gossiping (if that's the temptation), but anyone could be tempted with anything. Jesus was really tempted but the temptation is never a reflection of the one who is being tempted, but rather the tempter.
Your struggle with the alligator shows the strength of the temptation. God is showing you that you should be afraid, because you can win and God will provide a way out (punching the nose).

Thank you for your thoughts on my dream, there are a few things that reasonate with me - I think you maybe right about the house representing a person and also the deeper water aspect - as I thought more on the deeper waters, I also thought of drowning in whatever it was that this dream is showing me. I'm def not a gossiper and have no pleasure in that stuff but it could be that Im drawn into someone else's problems or issues, Im not sure at this point. The alligator biting me and pulling me by the hand, makes me think this is something along the lines of relationships, but again I'm continuing to pray and stay alert.
You've given me some good perspectives to consider here, thank you for taking the time to respond.
Much appreciated
Stay blessed :)

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top