Gunshots in the dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gunshots in the dream

Post by cbstanton on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:58 am

Blessings to You,

I am seeking confirmation/clarity on what I believe the Holy Spirit is trying to reveal to me. I want to make sure this is not just my soul interpreting the dream. Thank you in advance for the time you sacrifice in seeking the Lord to help others, including myself. Please see the dreams:

I had a dream about gun shots being shot on or nearby the campus community where I live and work. I do not know who or what caused the shots but they were so loud and audible, as if I could hear them in real life while I was sleeping. The community/campus community was deeply affected but nobody was killed. Nonetheless, other and I included were traumatized by the scare. Students gathered at my grandmother's house to process the grief and receive healing. As we gathered at my grandmother's house, a professor walks in from the university, I attend and work for. She is a Communication Arts and Conflict Transformation professor. We were all relieved to see her, it was as if she was sent to help us process and move towards reconciliation. Then, I remember us all getting on a large coach bus. The scenario of the bus was like the Sankofa trip my school does for racial reconciliation. Opposite races are paired together to move towards reconciliation.

cbstanton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gunshots in the dream

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:42 pm

holy moly this could easily be an item on ur evening news,, is there racial tension in ur town at present? nerd

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cbstanton on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for responding. I live in Chicago, which is historically segregated by communities but it is like a silent segregation. People are kept separate by zip codes. I could give you a history lesson some other time lol. Currently, I work in the Office of Diversity and Intercultural Studies at the Christian university where I am employed. I was led back to this university for this particular work and selected to work in my department without even applying for the job. So what I am doing is apart of the mission the Father has for my life. However, I have felt extremely discouraged this year because racial reconciliation is hard and especially hard when many Christians don't view it as apart of the Kingdom. I lived with two roommates and currently still living with one, who is from a completely different background, race and social class than me. So it was very difficult living in this situation at first, I even tried to leave. However, the day I tried to leave the Holy Spirit stopped me and said, "stay". I knew that I needed to do the hard part of living out each day what I believe the Father wants exhibited to the rest of world, a 21st century Antioch, especially since Chicago is a metropolitan city. When I chose to obey the Holy Spirit, I saw the relationship with my roommates change. We're doing life together, it's not easy but we're given the grace we need each day to do it.

On another personal note, there is this one fellow I know, who has extreme prejudice and has some of said the most unbelievable things about black people, I'm black so it hurt me to the core. The first time he expressed his views, I went home and cried. As I cried out to the Father, the Holy Spirit spoke John 16:3 to me. I didn't know that scripture by heart at the time but when I read it I said, "ok Father". "And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me".

After reading that scripture, I was prompted to pray for him. I have been praying for this man for a while and many time I have felt discouraged and wanted to give up because he's hurt me so many times. But the Holy Spirit keeps reminding me to bless him and curse him not. He doesn't think he's wrong and I am worried because he will work in underprivileged black communities, I am worried he will wound and hurt the people in those communities with his prejudice and ignorance.

cbstanton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:29 pm

nerd :hairraising: hard to understand why a person would werk in that situation with those personal feelings goin on, the bus part of your dream is the optomistik part, everyone getting on board, toword harmony, /reconciliation, there may be tension friction at first, [gnshots], but in time in pockets of the community things will heal, :whew:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cbstanton on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Are you asking why would I choose to work in that environment? Let me try to be as clear as possible, I love what I do. To see people from different backgrounds come together and grow in community with each other and develop deep bonds is only the work Christ. I don't know if any ministry work is "easy" or always "enjoyable". There is always suffering but I can't see myself doing anything else. It hard trying to explain why to believers why we need to move beyond race and class but I have accepted the call.

cbstanton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm

no the rude man

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cbstanton on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Ok as I re-read your post and you last reply, I am receiving more understanding. Thank you. To answer why that guy will work in those communities, simple answer...the money. He is preparing now to take his board certification exam to be licensed as a doctor.

cbstanton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 pm

nerd oh,, disappointed

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cbstanton on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:16 pm

I know right. This is why I am praying for him. He will encounter so many different types of people and compassion is not really one of his gifts. Nevertheless,thank you. I am holding on to the latter part of the dream. This is very encouraging.

cbstanton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 pm

yes indeed, do you see yourself as a key componant working wiv the holy spirit, then jesus:jesuspic: comes in directly and restores, :praiseg-d:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cbstanton on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:00 pm

I believe so. I am willing to be used however the Lord wants to use me. Will you keep me in your prayers? Thank you so much for dedicating your time to help me think through these dreams.

cbstanton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top