Green flags and a Perfect Beach day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green flags and a Perfect Beach day

Post by writer4him on Mon May 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Last night's dream:

I was on a barrier island near my hometown, standing on a condominium balcony and looking down at the beautiful Gulf of Mexico.  The sky was so blue and the white sand seemed to glow and sparkle.  I was a bit apprehensive when I saw what appeared to be a couple small sharks inside a wave; closer inspection revealed that they were actually dolphins.  After noticing the green flags posted, I was so anxious to get down to the beach for a swim, but I was waiting for my 18 yo daughter to get into her swimsuit so we could go together.  Green flags usually mean: Low hazard, calm conditions, exercise caution.

It seemed to take forever for her to get dressed and I felt that my daughter seemed to be stalling our swimming plans by coming up with errands to run: first she wanted to walk to a convenience store to buy apple juice; then she decided to go get yogurt...I was growing impatient and felt that we were wasting precious time.

While she was gone I quit waiting and went down to the beach.  The azure waters were perfectly calm and beautiful and felt wonderful....irl, it has been more than 2 decades since I swam there so it felt pretty special.

I don't remember if she ever came down to join me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top