Losing hope

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Losing hope

Post by Celtic_Princess on Mon May 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Several years ago when I had my first bout of very bad depression and suicidal, I believe that God gave me a dream, a glimpse into my future. In the dream, I was with a man on a pier, like on a date. I said "I thought about killing myself." And the look in that man's eyes...devastation was the only way to describe it.  

That happened when I was 16 and I'll be 26 this summer and can still remember every detail.  Things haven't been going well in trying to get support for my disability (it's a long story.) Now I feel that my dream that I believe was from the Lord will never come to pass, even though God has assured me He will give me the desires of my heart, and because I prayed about that dream coming to pass. We may have to move back to my home state (and there are no piers there. At least not that I know of.)  

I am feeling very discouraged right now.

Celtic_Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Losing hope

Post by Stephanie44 on Wed May 06, 2015 8:02 am

Hi, Celtic Princess.

I'm not sure what part of the dream you are worried about not coming true. What do you think it prophesies?

Just from my reading of what you wrote, what I would gather is that the man in your dream may symbolize the Lord -- or maybe he symbolizes people in your life you love and care about you. I would think that it means that if you were to kill yourself, there are those (including Jesus) who would be intensely devastated. Something like a warning not to do it, I think.

As far as the piers, I often think of falling into the ocean or drowning as meaning destruction / death / being emotionally or spiritually overwhelmed, as if that were the place where you had planned to die but the man in the dream was trying to stop you.

I know what it's like to lose hope. The problem is that the way things LOOK is always changing (how many times have things appeared one way and then turned out not to be how they seemed at first??) That's why we have to trust in GOD and his promises and not the circumstances we see in front of us at the moment, which is bound to change.

There are many things that I believe God has promised me that I will likely die without knowing for sure. I have to trust that when I get to heaven, everything will make sense and I will see God's wisdom in everything. Don't give up hope in God's intervention in your life!

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic_Princess on Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Thank you for the reply. It gave me an interesting perspective. I think the part I am worried about not coming true is that I will never meet that man or be in a relationship with him.

Celtic_Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm

bandaid can you get some coucilling/ministry to help you thru this event, i know hope defered makes the heart sick, so the impact of this on your whole person is huge, :hairraising: ,,it may seem impossable, but think of ruth in the bible :bible: she received the impossable, Bless You

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top